Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two men 'accidentally kill their friend'

Still Waters

A 35-year-old man died in France last weekend after two friends played a prank on him that backfired with fatal consequences.

The unnamed victim had been drinking with friends in an apartment in the Seine-Saint Denis area of Paris when he fell unconscious after consuming too much alcohol.

A judicial source told AFP: ‘The victim, who had drunk more than the others, suddenly fell into a deep and unconscious sleep.’

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prank-backfires-with-fatal-consequences-after-two-men-leave-snoring-friend-outside-overnight-114244308.html

' ... facing manslaughter charges '

When you have friends like these ...

~

• Like 8

Took him outside in the cold naked just because he was snoring.  How stupid, some people just do and don't think.  I have a feeling they will get a few years to think about what they have done as they deserve. 

• Like 8

Knowing what I know and having seen what I've seen these days, don't be too surprised if these idiots are still having a good laugh over this even now ...

~

• Like 1

a good friend will help you move. but best friends will help you move a dead body lol smh

• Like 2

Drunk guy naked in freezing weather.  Yep that's manslaughter alright.

• Like 5

"Two drunk men accidentally kill another person (who also happened to be drunk)"

Not a particularly confounding headline.  Happens with frightening regularity, actually.

• Like 4

how stupid... nvm don't even bother. these pranks are getting out of hand. People making dangerous and stupid decisions on the whim of amusement. I bet a decade + in jail will send a message to other imbecile pranksters that take it too far.

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AdealJustice said:

. I bet a decade + in jail will send a message to other imbecile pranksters that take it too far.

I doubt it will.

• Like 4

Seine-Saint Denis? I wonder if they were muslims...as   Seine-Saint Denis  has the highest number of immigrants and muslims per ratio and   Islam is believed to be the most practiced religion in the department.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seine-Saint-Denis

Was just a thought.

Personally I think 1st degree murder charges should be bought here:

!: were the "friends" muslim and the victim a non muslim who liked a drink, was this a hate crime? remember this is Saint-Denis!

2::  But while two men later left the apartment, the other two became aggravated by their friend’s snoring and carried him outside – leaving him to sleep in the courtyard of the apartment block.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prank-backfires-with-fatal-consequences-after-two-men-leave-snoring-friend-outside-overnight-114244308.html

We only have their word for the snoring, do you really leave a "friend" outside in the freezing cold "naked"? they  do not state if they put his clothes back on him, and expect him to survive the night?

I really would like to know more about these men and their practices. I see no names have been made public...yet.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Seine-Saint Denis? I wonder if they were muslims...as   Seine-Saint Denis  has the highest number of immigrants and muslims per ratio and   Islam is believed to be the most practiced religion in the department.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seine-Saint-Denis

Was just a thought.

Personally I think 1st degree murder charges should be bought here:

Good luck proving 1st degree murder.  If you charge that and fail to convict then they walk.  The manslaughter charge is obvious and very provable, and I doubt they're intent was murder.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Good luck proving 1st degree murder.  If you charge that and fail to convict then they walk.  The manslaughter charge is obvious and very provable, and I doubt they're intent was murder.

TBO you are likely right on the 1st degree murder charge. I do believe their intent may have been murder though = who in their right mind would put their "friend", naked and drunk and unconscious, out on the street in the freezing cold and leave them there for the night? is that really prank behaviour? if it is, then society do not need pranksters on the streets who have that kind of mindset.

we do not know yet who these guys were and as i said Seine Saint-Denis is majority muslim,  is it possible the victim was not? . BUT as of yet, we do not know the names or anything about these guys and are only hearing their side of the story about the snoring.

• Like 2

Without some hard evidence murder would be hard to prove.

I can see a bunch of drunks thinking this would be funny and not thinking about what could happen.  Drunk people don't always make good decisions.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

Without some hard evidence murder would be hard to prove.

I can see a bunch of drunks thinking this would be funny and not thinking about what could happen.  Drunk people don't always make good decisions.

Possible.

But they were not doing it because they thought it was funny, they did it because he annoyed them. 

the other two became aggravated by their friend’s snoring and carried him outside – leaving him to sleep in the courtyard of the apartment block.

We know he was drinking with his friends - but do not know if the all 4 men were his friends or just the 2 who left him there, 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

we do not know yet who these guys were and as i said Seine Saint-Denis is majority muslim,  is it possible the victim was not?

Just curious here ... what if its the other way round ... that the 'victim' here is the muslim ?

~

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Just curious here ... what if its the other way round ... that the 'victim' here is the muslim ?

~

Very likely in that area. But just going with the muslim do not drink thing....maybe the 2 guys who left were not muslim and the 2 guys who lived there were. maybe non were muslims, maybe I will wait and see who these guys are / were.  I mentioned the muslim thing because of the area it happened in and that I can not see "friends" no matter who much they have drunk, to do this to someone else....the 2 guys did this after the other 2 left, as yet we do not know if the victim came there with the other 2 or if he knew all of them beforehand.

Still early doors.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

... I mentioned the muslim thing because of the area it happened in and that I can not see "friends" no matter who much they have drunk, to do this to someone else ...

Its more a case of drunkenness than religion ... I've seen drunks do worse to each other ... friends or lovers ...

~

• Like 2

There's a lot of speculation being posted about them being Muslim. There's no mention of that anywhere that I've found.

Two more source links -

The two French men, ages 28 and 35, were boozing it up with the 35-year-old victim in a Parisian suburb on Saturday night, The Local reported.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/06/two-drunk-guys-accidentally-kill-their-snoring-friend/

http://www.thelocal.fr/20161206/frenchman-dies-after-snoring-prank-goes-wrong

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Still Waters said:

There's a lot of speculation being posted about them being Muslim. There's no mention of that anywhere that I've found.

Two more source links -

No i have found nothing either...but in Seine Saint-Denis you will not find many who are not muslim. Guess this lot may need to take a leaf out of the muslim non alcohol habits if this is how they behave....hopefully they learn their lesson in prison.

Edited by freetoroam