Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Rendlesham UFO witness comes forward

UM-Bot

This has always been one of the most fascinating cases to me because of the location and the caliber of witnesses.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

This has always been one of the most fascinating cases to me because of the location and the caliber of witnesses.

My sentiments exactly . This isn't some story from  a bunch of Hillbillies from Arkansas. These were testmonials from US Air Force Officers and NCO's who were in charge of security . 

I've always found this to be the most fascinating and compelling of all UFO stories.

• Like 4

It USED to be a fascinating and compelling story until Larry Warren and Penniston's inconsistencies entered the picture. 

In my heart, I genuinely believe that Warren is just a liar and was never there to begin with. All of the other guys involved, including Penniston, denounce his story and have no idea who he is. Sounds an awful lot like a guy who just wanted to pretend he was a part of something. 

Penniston's story has changed so much over the years that it's difficult to make heads or tails of it. At first, his recount of the encounter didn't really differ from the other guys, but over time, he began adding in these odd details regarding his distance from and interaction with the craft. Then, you have the notebook that no one ever remembers him having, along with drawings of these symbols on the object that no one else ever saw. Let's also not forget the telepathic transmission of a message coded in binary; an awfully strange way to communicate if these were indeed highly intelligent beings. 

So, what's the deal with Penniston? Is he lying and making up things after the fact in order for the story to stay relevant? Or is the guy genuinely off a bit and all these hallucinations and inconsistencies simply a result of worsening mental health? It's hard to say. It's interesting that the other guys' stories have remained more or less the same; only Penniston strayed from the original narrative. It makes me feel as though maybe these men really did see something, but one of them kinda ruined it for the rest. 

If I'm going a bit too far with these accusations and any of you have counterproof, I'd really like to see it. This story still does hold a great deal of interest for me. 

• Like 6

I thought they closed the case last year, some sort of radiation mixed in with the light house?

The lighthouse was ruled out. But there are some things that changed over time. Not surprising, the more time goes by, the more people tend to add/remove details

Im sticking to His Guns, Its All in the Way One Looks at anything ! Its at least more fun to Read than the Nightly News !:o

Why has he only now come forward?   And bearing in mind "false memory syndrome" how reliable a witness is he after all this time?

What I always found interesting about the incident is that in the mid 80s - when I was in my late teens - I lived in Tunstall, a small village on the edge of Rendlesham/Tunstall Forest, a mile from Bentwaters air base.  My parents ran the pub (The Green Man).  Which was frequented by US servicemen, as well as locals who had lived in the area for decades.  I also  drank in other pubs in the area.   And this story was never, ever, mentioned.    But I only first heard of it some years after moving away ....    Almost as if it had never happened  ....  (which I personally think was the case).   If something had really happened there, I really do think that local people would have been aware.

• Like 2

Should add that as a kid I was really "in to" UFOs.   Even had a file index of reports from the newspapers.    Yet still, I never heard of this case until much later.

• Like 1

This is one of the better stories. Very accountable witnesses. Audio is very eerie.

this is England's " Roswell"

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ashyne said:

Maybe its something like the Min Min Lights, a form of optical illusion.

Australia's Min Min Lights

Min min lights make no noise. Apparently. They have been spoken about for eons from the indigenous Australians. Some of the most compelling stories about min min lights are from a time way before  photography. Let alone photoshop.

Edited by curiouse
  • Like 2

On 12/9/2016 at 9:50 PM, Not Your Huckleberry said:

It USED to be a fascinating and compelling story until Larry Warren and Penniston's inconsistencies entered the picture. 

In my heart, I genuinely believe that Warren is just a liar and was never there to begin with. All of the other guys involved, including Penniston, denounce his story and have no idea who he is. Sounds an awful lot like a guy who just wanted to pretend he was a part of something. 

Penniston's story has changed so much over the years that it's difficult to make heads or tails of it. At first, his recount of the encounter didn't really differ from the other guys, but over time, he began adding in these odd details regarding his distance from and interaction with the craft. Then, you have the notebook that no one ever remembers him having, along with drawings of these symbols on the object that no one else ever saw. Let's also not forget the telepathic transmission of a message coded in binary; an awfully strange way to communicate if these were indeed highly intelligent beings. 

So, what's the deal with Penniston? Is he lying and making up things after the fact in order for the story to stay relevant? Or is the guy genuinely off a bit and all these hallucinations and inconsistencies simply a result of worsening mental health? It's hard to say. It's interesting that the other guys' stories have remained more or less the same; only Penniston strayed from the original narrative. It makes me feel as though maybe these men really did see something, but one of them kinda ruined it for the rest. 

If I'm going a bit too far with these accusations and any of you have counterproof, I'd really like to see it. This story still does hold a great deal of interest for me. 

Pretty much. I do think something was probably witnessed but I can't say what. Maybe it was something extraordinary. Maybe not. Nothing too concrete about it besides witness statements and the whole radiation thing, I guess. Penniston just kind of sours it, though. He went way off the deep end over the years. Besides the probable BS surrounding the incident, it is an interesting case in my opinion.

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 1

Until we All Get A Facefull Its All in Good Gest ! If we ever get to See A Real Landing and Meeting I bet many will say It never Happened then Too !

• Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 11:25 AM, curiouse said:

Min min lights make no noise. Apparently. They have been spoken about for eons from the indigenous Australians. Some of the most compelling stories about min min lights are from a time way before  photography. Let alone photoshop.

I'm saying that the Min Min Lights are optical illusions, which has been proven. Optical Illusion is not photo-manipulation or photoshop. I think you mis-read my post. The Rendlesham Lights are probably optical illusions like the Min Min Lights.

Edited by Ashyne

I think the first order of business would be to find out if Mr. Longero was in fact in the Air Force and stationed at Rendelsham at the time. He uses too many 'true believer' turns of speech to be a very convincing witness.

4 hours ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

I think the first order of business would be to find out if Mr. Longero was in fact in the Air Force and stationed at Rendelsham at the time. He uses too many 'true believer' turns of speech to be a very convincing witness.

Indeed. This one makes the BS meter max out:

"Personnel were then called in individually and told not to talk about the incident, and were told that their silence was important due to the nuclear weapons reportedly housed at the base, and were then asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement," he said.

That pretty much shows that he is making up his story. He would have signed an NDA when he become a security police officer and most likely an extended NDA when assigned to RAF Woodbridge as a facility hosting nuclear weapons. Either way, each NDA would cover this incident and he would certainly not sign an additional NDA specifically towards the Rendlesham sighting, the notion is simply ludicrous.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 2

9 hours ago, badeskov said:

That pretty much shows that he is making up his story. He would have signed an NDA when he become a security police officer and most likely an extended NDA when assigned to RAF Woodbridge as a facility hosting nuclear weapons. Either way, each NDA would cover this incident and he would certainly not sign an additional NDA specifically towards the Rendlesham sighting, the notion is simply ludicrous.

I caught that too but I chalked it up to mixing up memories after all this time. He certainly did sign an NDA and was likely reminded of it at the time of the incident. Having to sign another document stating he wouldn't breach security at a high security facility sounds silly.

P.S. Yes, I get the irony of defending what he "remembered" by saying he might have mixed up his memories. :) 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

Hi PFP, , if you search for Longero and open minds you will see a photo of him, although granted this could be anyone. I also note Ian Ridpath suggests that Bertonlino wrongly names Longero as having gone into the woods as opposed to Burroughs.I would have thought if Longero's position or presence was in any sort of doubt  Ridpath would have long ago exposed him.

my two cents anyways....

On 12/9/2016 at 6:27 PM, Mark56 said:

My sentiments exactly . This isn't some story from  a bunch of Hillbillies from Arkansas. These were testmonials from US Air Force Officers and NCO's who were in charge of security . 

I've always found this to be the most fascinating and compelling of all UFO stories.

There's a lot of us that aren't hillbillies from Arkansas.

• Like 1

Ya`ll forgot the Texans ! Yee-Haw !!!! THe Sky is Falling ! nah ! That was just in Stephenville!

Well, considering I currently live in Texas and my girlfriend was raised in Arkansas .... LOL

9 hours ago, quillius said:

Hi PFP, , if you search for Longero and open minds you will see a photo of him, although granted this could be anyone. I also note Ian Ridpath suggests that Bertonlino wrongly names Longero as having gone into the woods as opposed to Burroughs.I would have thought if Longero's position or presence was in any sort of doubt  Ridpath would have long ago exposed him.

my two cents anyways....

That's fine, I'm expressing caution, not disbelief.