Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teadmill bike. Most useless Invention?

seeder

:lol:  ...whatever!!

Is this the most ridiculous invention ever? Treadmill bicycle lets you cycle to work by WALKING

The Dutch designed electric bike lets users ride about at a walking pace
    An electric motor assists the movement from the treadmill to power the bike
    The bikes are capable of speeds of up to 17 mph and sell for $2,495 (£1,980)
    The company is reportedly struggling to keep up with demand for its invention

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4017038/Is-useless-invention-Treadmill-bicycle-lets-cycle-work-WALKING.html#ixzz4SN8zR28d

• Like 3

A treadmill is a device generally for walking or running while staying in the same place. Treadmills were introduced before the development of powered machines, to harness the power of animals or humans to do work, often a type of mill that was operated by a person or animal treading steps of a treadwheel to grind grain. In later times, treadmills were used as punishment devices for people sentenced to hard labour in prisons. The terms treadmill and treadwheel were used interchangeably for the power and punishment mechanisms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treadmill

:lol:

• Like 2

Actually, this isn't as crazy as it sounds. I have arthritis in my knees and can't ride a bike. Walking long distances leaves my knees stiff and aching. With something like this, I can go for a ride and get some real exercise without putting too much stress on my joints.

• Like 1