Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why you can taste garlic with your FEET

seeder

Not for me thanks...I only like my garlic in FOOD

Why you can taste garlic with your FEET: Video explains the science behind bizarre food chemistry tricks

The chemicals in garlic can penetrate human skin and enter your bloodstream
    The scientists rubbed their feet with garlic and wrapped them up in plastic bags
    After an hour, they started to smell and taste the garlic in their mouths and noses
    The science duo also made videos explaining how to get rid of excess beer foam using nose grease and how to dissolve gum in your mouth by eating chocolate

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4016780/Why-taste-garlic-FEET-Video-explains-science-bizarre-food-chemistry-tricks.html#ixzz4SN9ePdJj

• Like 2

Vampires worldwide are now rushing to buy industrial gumboots.

Edited by Eldorado
I blame my eyes.
  • Like 2

out of all the wonderful scientific experiments which have been done for the benefit of mankind...this is not one of them.

• Like 1

Wife to Husband: "Why do you have your foot in my spaghetti dinner, you freak!?"

Husband: "Just making sure there's enough garlic hon."

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

I was ill once, taken to hospital...put on the ER.....and had a drip attached as well.......I was also injected with something...as I was injected....I got a strange taste in my mouth!!   I said something like..."Nurse...this sounds crazy....but I can TASTE that injection".....she didnt look concerned...she just said "Yeh we hear that a lot...dont worry, its normal"

3 hours ago, seeder said:

I was ill once, taken to hospital...put on the ER.....and had a drip attached as well.......I was also injected with something...as I was injected....I got a strange taste in my mouth!!   I said something like..."Nurse...this sounds crazy....but I can TASTE that injection".....she didnt look concerned...she just said "Yeh we hear that a lot...dont worry, its normal"

They injected a solution of sterile normal saline to flush the I.V.....most will describe a metallic taste in mouth.....some will even describe an odor.....but that is rare.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Audio Imagez said:

I've heard of this being done with onions. Never tried it though.

I tried it with grapes.  :(  On the plus side, my feet are lookin' radiant.

Back in my school days as a wrestler we were all addicted to chewing tobacco. The nicotine helped stave off hunger when it came to cutting weight. 

During matches we would put a pinch between our toes and catch a buzz. I wonder what would happen if I soaked my feet in bourbon.

• Like 2

You must be 103, Kurzweil, chewing tobacco hasn't been sighted since gramps was a baby !

"

taste garlic with your FEET"

Sure I believe it and my feet can smell. EWwwwwwww......

4 hours ago, Kurzweil said:

I wonder what would happen if I soaked my feet in bourbon.

Your toe-nails will be half-cut.

On 12/11/2016 at 0:08 PM, Eldorado said:

I tried it with grapes.  :(  On the plus side, my feet are lookin' radiant.

I wonder if breath mints would work. Dr. Scholls and/or Crest might have a whole new product line in the future.

• Like 1