Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monkeys could talk like humans, recording

seeder

It sounds like the gentle whisper of someone proposing marriage.

But the recording below is actually the sound of how a monkey could speak, if it had the brain power for language.

Scientists at Princeton have discovered that monkeys have a vocal anatomy which is capable of 'clearly intelligible' speech, just like humans.

So the fact that they don't speak is down to differences in brain structure which suggests that human speech stems from the unique evolution and is not linked to vocalization-related anatomical differences between humans and primates.

"Now nobody can say that it's something about the vocal anatomy that keeps monkeys from being able to speak -- it has to be something in the brain," said Dr Asif Ghazanfar, a Princeton University.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/12/09/wonder-talking-monkey-would-sound-like-scientists-create-recording/

• Like 4

Could talk like humans? They already do. Have you never heard any broadcasts from Parliament?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I'm a believer.

Ceasar can SPEAK!

• Like 3

Hey, in the UK when I was growing up, 60's/70's..... we had talking chimps on TV selling us TEA!   (PG Tips for thoses here as old as ME!)  :lol:

• Like 3

MORE!!   Oh man this brings back so many memories  :lol:

• Like 3

I dread to think what other experiments they are doing on these monkeys to fees the curiosity of the human mind? what possible advantage can this have for the monkeys? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I dread to think what other experiments they are doing on these monkeys to fees the curiosity of the human mind? what possible advantage can this have for the monkeys? 

They can sling insults and one-liners rather lumps of doodoo.  They've got to eat with those mits.  And play cards!

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Check this out... It's funny!

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

I don't understand why they don't just start chatting, then. I mean, they're already capable of sign language.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I don't understand why they don't just start chatting, then. I mean, they're already capable of sign language.

well, they said in the OP they lack something in brain development to use language as we do

• Like 1

• Like 1

Sounds like someone has too much time and money on their hands.