Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Royal Knees: Another question answered?

kmt_sesh

14 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I always was a 'leg man'.

Too soon?

Never too soon. Ramesses himself seemed quite smitten with the queen, so it's more than likely she had a nice set of gams. In fact, based on the most current forensic modeling, here's a scientific recreation of what Nefertari must have looked like:

614bfbd8929c9b33c531c1ef4515b965.jpg

Editing to add: See? I'm a geek with a sense of humor.

Edited by kmt_sesh
  • Like 9

Damn hot nice gams, I'm in like Flint,  where do I sign up?

Edit: No one really cares about science.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Never too soon. Ramesses himself seemed quite smitten with the queen, so it's more than likely she had a nice set of gams. In fact, based on the most current forensic modeling, here's a scientific recreation of what Nefertari must have looked like:

I'm sorry but your sense of humor is sickening!!!

Gams?!

Oh my!!!

...Yeah right...

Recreation looks damn fine to me ;)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Recreation looks damn fine to me ;)

Well, given that my topics tend to be a bit academic and dry, I realized needed to use the right...um...motivation to draw in posters.

Edited by kmt_sesh
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Wow. Imagine the traffic she caused on the nile delta

Edited by P.Nomenon
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Love those shoes!

yahoo.gif

Edited by DebDandelion
Edited to smile and go yeah...that's what I got from the picture... LoL
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

You can almost see her nefertitis, but you have to zoom in.

Harte

• Like 9

This reminds me of the time my great-aunt was half cut in the kitchen with her support hose rolled down around her ankles telling my mom, me and her sister, my grandma what sexy legs she had. Kmt-sesh them knees have seen better days but judging from your pic you guys look like a great couple.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Thanks for including the link to the scientific investigatory report, kmt_sesh.  I enjoyed reading it.  Though, there seems to be problems toward any current commitment to the Great Queen as the owner of these gams, especially with the chemical analysis of the embalming agents, also lack of uncontaminated Dna, and the spread of carbon dating results...most likely is the best we have at present I guess.  Some of the arguments presented as to why certain results do not point to Nefertari or her corresponding era seem a little weak to me; overall I suppose the best current hypothesis is that it is indeed probably she, or rather, her knees.

You`d think if it was really  Nefertari `s body, robbers would have taken the legs to sell.

Edited by docyabut2

I think the presence of the 18th d. faience knob with Ay's name on it somewhat interesting.  The explanation in their primary hypothesis is that Nefertari most likely was descended from the 18th d. royal family; therefore this would have been part of an heirloom buried with her.  But Ay's bloodline is problematic to say the least.  In that light, why would this object be something to be kept and treasured, and buried with Rameses's Great Royal Wife?  It seems so very curious.

thumbnail

Edited by Khaemwaset
changed curious to interesting because of duplication

7 hours ago, Khaemwaset said:

Thanks for including the link to the scientific investigatory report, kmt_sesh.  I enjoyed reading it.  Though, there seems to be problems toward any current commitment to the Great Queen as the owner of these gams, especially with the chemical analysis of the embalming agents, also lack of uncontaminated Dna, and the spread of carbon dating results...most likely is the best we have at present I guess.  Some of the arguments presented as to why certain results do not point to Nefertari or her corresponding era seem a little weak to me; overall I suppose the best current hypothesis is that it is indeed probably she, or rather, her knees.

If you're really Khaemwaset, I should think you'd recognize your own step-mother's knees. I mean, I know it's been awhile, but still...

In all seriousness there is simply no way to know for certain if the remains are truly those of Nefertari's, but one of my chief interests in Egyptology is the application of modern science to ancient human remains. Researchers do what they can to arrive at conclusions, and in this situation I think they've arrived at a convincing argument that the remains are indeed those of the queen. As you noted from the report, the arguments when trying to make a case for some explanation against Nefertari are not exactly strong. On balance it seems convincing.

Edited by kmt_sesh
Clarification
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

You`d think if it was really  Nefertari `s body, robbers would have taken the legs to sell.

You're still quoting yourself. It's been months now. What's going wrong on your end?

Anyway, do you mean ancient robbers or modern robbers? Ancient robbers didn't care about mummies because they were of no value. They destroyed mummies to get at the amulets wrapped inside the bandages—which is probably why poor Nefertari is nothing but a pair of fragmented knees now.

Modern robbers would surely be more interested in selling mummies or parts thereof. I've no doubt there's an underground market for shady private collectors. But it would have to be a mummy of known distinction, and absolutely provable as such. These are just a pair of fragmented knees, so as the report in my OP shows, no one can be positive that the remains belong to Nefertari.

Yes, perhaps I am an imposter, or perhaps a later namesake.  There were so many.  But if memory serves, my stepmother's knees looked very different from these!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Khaemwaset
spellcheck

19 minutes ago, Khaemwaset said:

I think the presence of the 18th d. faience knob with Ay's name on it somewhat interesting.  The explanation in their primary hypothesis is that Nefertari most likely was descended from the 18th d. royal family; therefore this would have been part of an heirloom buried with her.  But Ay's bloodline is problematic to say the least.  In that light, why would this object be something to be kept and treasured, and buried with Rameses's Great Royal Wife?  It seems so very curious.

thumbnail

In reading about this, I'm not 100% convinced the knob is original to QV66. (Only now have I realized I had typed "KV66" in my OP. Bonehead mistake.) It's certainly possible, of course, but other explanations are plausible. Look at the mess of things that had been washed into other tombs prior to excavations. But Ay's precise origins are pretty much as mysterious as Nefertari's, so in such matters there will always be a certain amount of Egyptological free-thinking. It's one of the pleasures of the field.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Khaemwaset said:

But if memory serves, my stepmother's knees looked very different from these!  :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm I won't comment on your being an expert on your stepmother's knees.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

If you're really Khaemwaset, I should think you'd recognize your own step-mother's knees. I mean, I know it's been awhile, but still..

8 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Hmmmmm I won't comment on your being an expert on your stepmother's knees.

Indeed.  I would not claim such expertise myself, but kmt_sesh brought it up.  She did wear those diaphanous gowns though, and....well...everybody looked, even us young-uns.;)

1 hour ago, Khaemwaset said:

Indeed.  I would not claim such expertise myself, but kmt_sesh brought it up.  She did wear those diaphanous gowns though, and....well...everybody looked, even us young-uns.;)

LOL scandalous indeed! However as you brought up Kmt_Sesh name it explains all as he is always a bit of a pusillanimous caitiff in regards to the higher aspects of proper morality when he was a young-un in ancient Egypt..

• Like 1