Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA says Putin helped Trump win

and-then

1 hour ago, Einsteinium said:

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/trump-administration-orders-communications-blackout-for-us-scientists/

This is extremely worrying. What could possible be a good reasonable motive to do this?

Funny how they call the pipelines questionable which neither is in any way whatsoever.   I suspect he is sick of federal agencies politicizing a scientific theory and therefore will now investigate how these agencies are spending federal dollars to push one agenda instead of exploring all facets of the science.  Plus, EPA may be going away and something sane put in its place.   Also, why in the F is the CDC spending federal money studying global warming, oops sorry, climate change?

Edited by Merc14

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

Funny how they call the pipelines questionable which neither is in any way whatsoever.   I suspect he is sick of federal agencies politicizing a scientific theory and therefore will now investigate how these agencies are spending federal dollars to push one agenda instead of exploring all facets of the science.  Plus, EPA may be going away and something sane put in its place.   Also, why in the F is the CDC spending federal money studying global warming, oops sorry, climate change?

Why is the CDC studying climate change? Really? Come on Merc you are smarter than that.

Many terrible diseases prefer warmer climates and as the planet warms tropical diseases are going to spread to area's where populations are not prepared for them, the CDC is  studying how diseases are going to spread north from tropical areas as the planet warms so that they can better prepare for it. This is exactly what the CDC should be doing and is going to be vital to make sure resources and people are positioned to deal with it.

How are the agencies pushing 'one agenda' exactly?

Edited by Einsteinium

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

How is it optional exactly?

Our electricity provider offers different plans, I opted for the wind powered version.

Yes, I pay a little more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

Our electricity provider offers different plans, I opted for the wind powered version.

I did the same thing where I live only for solar instead :)

I will gladly pay more for renewable energy sources, which include hydroelectric, solar, wind, and tidal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .ZZ. said:

Is it ironic that Texas has left California in the dust when it comes to wind power or is it what I'd posit, that actually conserving things is more conservative?   Texas's growth in wind energy has been exponential in recent years.   If they're giving you a choice they have abundant wind energy on tap to say the least.   This article makes it seem like you could be overpaying.

http://www.ecowatch.com/texas-wind-farms-generate-so-much-power-utilities-are-giving-electrici-1882118444.html

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Is it ironic that Texas has left California in the dust when it comes to wind power or is it what I'd posit, that actually conserving things is more conservative?   Texas's growth in wind energy has been exponential in recent years.   If they're giving you a choice they have abundant wind energy on tap to say the least.   This article makes it seem like you could be overpaying.

http://www.ecowatch.com/texas-wind-farms-generate-so-much-power-utilities-are-giving-electrici-1882118444.html

From the link:

"TXU’s free overnight plan, which is coupled with slightly higher daytime rates, is one of dozens that have been offered by more than 50 retail electricity companies in Texas over the last three years with a simple goal: for customers to turn down the dials when wholesale prices are highest and turn them back up when prices are lowest."

True, that.

For my needs, the free power after 9 pm isn't a factor. By that time in the summer, it cools down by then.

Edit to add: We go to bed early too. LOL

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

From the link:

True, that.

For my needs, the free power after 9 pm isn't a factor. By that time in the summer, it cools down by then.

Until today I thought that bigger wind farms were north of Texas.  Texas looks like the role model for other states to emulate, especially those in the wind corridor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Until today I thought that bigger wind farms were north of Texas.  Texas looks like the role model for other states to emulate, especially those in the wind corridor.

I actually had no idea to the extent of wind turbines in Texas until a few years ago when we were driving down here. Of course I had visited many times in the past, but it seems like overnight wind power grew exponentially. In the western parts of the state mile after mile of turbines from one horizon to the next. It's incredible actually. Also, I had no idea how BIG they are until I saw a single blade being transported on a trailer pulled by a big rig with chase vehicles with "Oversize load" signs all over the place. Those blades are huge!

• Like 1