Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump initial cabinet most women ever

Merc14

So Trump has now selected more women for his initial cabinet than any president in history yet the NYT's reports just the opposite, so which news is fake lefties?

I'm thinking the fake news is probably the stuff people are admitting is fake news. You know...like the stuff teens in Macedonia and random US jerks have admitted to. 

That said, instead of looking at gender...how about looking at how much money they have and/or have forked over to the Donald? And then there's that whole Mitch McConnell refusing to release info on the Russian espionage...and his wife's subsequent appointment. 

Yes, if you've got a ton of money and you've been generous with the Donald, or you've been loyal and done him great favors, that's gonna get you appointed.

What was that phrase again...oh I can't remember. 

Wait...I've got it!

"Pay to play."

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

As for the "anti-woman" bit, sure...the cabinet is certainly not coming down on the "woman side" of many issues important to women. That said, they aren't coming down on the human rights, workers rights, consumer protections, environmental protections side of anything, either. 

The cabinet is pro 1%ers who have served the Donald in some capacity. That's it. Doesn't matter if you're female or not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, and then said:

Silly man, didn't you get the memo? These women don't count!  They aren't Dems.  They will be denigrated for everything from their policies to their clothing choices.  The party of tolerance is the most intolerant bunch of whiners any nation ever assembled.  That's some anti-American exceptionalism right there!  

...that sounds Whiney and then.     Just to obtain a more balanced view, I sometimes listen to ,so called, "conservative"

commentators and  such... Thier incessant professional whining for years and years about those evil Leftys and Librals has been quite effective in convincing many shallow thinkers that everything is "lefty's" fault.

of course,  as a brief review of recent history reveals ,.  It's not that simple!

My point with that is,  that the numbers of newly converted lefty haters , voting Against  "Those Librals"  is what got Trump elected.     

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lightly said:

..that sounds Whiney and then.  

Only to political hacks.  

25 minutes ago, lightly said:

My point with that is,  that the numbers of newly converted lefty haters , voting Against  "Those Librals"  is what got Trump elected.     

Actually Trump won because....... wait for it......... the liberal media constantly giving him coverage. lol If my grandma was still around she would say it's a classic case of stupid gone to seed. Can't blame em for trying I guess, it was long on intelligence but short on wisdom.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stardrive said:

lol If my grandma was still around she would say it's a classic case of stupid gone to seed.

THAT is priceless.  I think I'd have liked your grandma!  It made my day :D

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

So Trump has now selected more women for his initial cabinet than any president in history yet the NYT's reports just the opposite, so which news is fake lefties?

I'm thinking the fake news is probably the stuff people are admitting is fake news. You know...like the stuff teens in Macedonia and random US jerks have admitted to. 

That said, instead of looking at gender...how about looking at how much money they have and/or have forked over to the Donald? And then there's that whole Mitch McConnell refusing to release info on the Russian espionage...and his wife's subsequent appointment. 

Yes, if you've got a ton of money and you've been generous with the Donald, or you've been loyal and done him great favors, that's gonna get you appointed.

What was that phrase again...oh I can't remember. 

Wait...I've got it!

"Pay to play."

Fine, why don't you go ahead and do that and then we will talk about their qualifications and embarrass the hell out of you.  Honestly, I know you are incredibly biased but I never thought of you as anything but an intelligent person with a very different political philosophy.  I can now see that your politics is a religion and blinds you just as religion blinds a zealot.    

Obama's administration was a debacle and I dare you to show me one thing that actually got better the last 8 years.    The list of things that got much, much worse is long and depressing so please, enlighten us on how we should kneel at that altar of progressivsm, as you do, after 8 years of an administration dedicated to your progressive philosophy.  remeber the democrats got every single thing they asked for  Can't wait to see teh long list of progressive accomplishments.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

Trump has always hired a lot of women for executive positions and one helped him win the presidency, doesn't surprise me he would have several in his cabinet.

As far as Trump and everyone he has chosen being part of the 1%, our greatest leader of all time was part of the 1%, George Washington.  He could have lived a comfortable life but instead risked it all to start this great nation, he could have been shot for treason if things had gone different.  Many of the framers of the constitution were well off men.  Many of our presidents as most of congress are and have been part of the 1%, Clinton is part of the 1% so I don't see why this is even an issue.  If I don't like one of Trumps picks it won't be because of how much money they have.

It's only an issue to the sore losers.  They're desperately trying to grasp onto something, anything, to make this better for them.

• Like 5

His campgine manager was also a women

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, F3SS said:

And is also the first woman to ever successfully run a presidential campaign

I think she's the first woman ever to be a campaign manager.

Five women in cabinet positions though? Pshaw. Canada has 15, which is half of the positions available.

Edit: Then again the US only has 16 Cabinet positions, including Vice-President.

Edited by Likely Guy

People complain about some of Trump's cabinet picks being millionaires but in the US we have always measured success with money.  So he's choosing people who have had success in other fields.  Should he choose someone from the minimum wage picket line?  Besides, as a millionaire himself, these are the people he would know the best.  People he trusts.  I have never understood the antagonism towards the rich in this country.  I am as poor as the proverbial church mouse, but I neither envy nor hate the rich, provided they are not criminals.  They are simply people who have made better use of the opportunities we all share.  The few rich people I have known have all been, like Trump, extremely hard workers, and most have gotten rich by providing a service that people need.  In other words, exactly the kind of people we need in key positions.  Who better to help others prosper than those who already have?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

People complain about some of Trump's cabinet picks being millionaires but in the US we have always measured success with money.  So he's choosing people who have had success in other fields.  Should he choose someone from the minimum wage picket line?  Besides, as a millionaire himself, these are the people he would know the best.  People he trusts.  I have never understood the antagonism towards the rich in this country.  I am as poor as the proverbial church mouse, but I neither envy nor hate the rich, provided they are not criminals.  They are simply people who have made better use of the opportunities we all share.  The few rich people I have known have all been, like Trump, extremely hard workers, and most have gotten rich by providing a service that people need.  In other words, exactly the kind of people we need in key positions.  Who better to help others prosper than those who already have?

Re: the bolding

We shall see in the next few years how altruistic their tendencies. I wouldn't hold my breath though since most of their wealth was inherited (including Trump's). I think they are and always have been too disconnected from the average citizen to care that much.

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

We shall see in the next few years how altruistic their tendencies. I wouldn't hold my breath though since most of their wealth was inherited (including Trump's). I think they are and always have been too disconnected from the average citizen to care that much.

Yet it was the average working folks that Trump did connect with.  He has shown he really does care in many unpublicized ways before ever becoming a candidate.  Things like loaning his plane to fly sick children.  If that's how he is then I would expect he'd have the same standards for the people working for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Most of Trumps wealth was not inherited, he only inherited about 100 million, which is a lot, but he is worth upwards of 9 billion now.  So how did Trump inherit all of his wealth?  How do you know that all the people Trump picked for his cabinet inherited their wealth?  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ashotep said:

Most of Trumps wealth was not inherited, he only inherited about 100 million, which is a lot, but he is worth upwards of 9 billion now.  So how did Trump inherit all of his wealth?  How do you know that all the people Trump picked for his cabinet inherited their wealth?  

Well you're kinda right. I mean he would actually be worth MORE had he simply placed his inheritence in a CD rather than inflate his ego. Regardless he started out rich. 

• Like 1

Its beginning to sound more and more like a deal of selling it all to the highest bidders ...

~

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well you're kinda right. I mean he would actually be worth MORE had he simply placed his inheritence in a CD rather than inflate his ego. Regardless he started out rich. 

Rich he started out but he didn't inherit it all. 

How do you know he would have been worth more if he put his money in a CD?  Even if he could have made more that way, which I doubt, he is a doer not a sit on my butt and watch the world go by type person. 

Inflate his ego, couldn't simply discuss this you just had to bring up his ego to use as a weapon against him.  Like the rich on the left don't have one or even ordinary people but lets attack Trump because he does.

• Like 3

Just now, Ashotep said:

Rich he started out but he didn't inherit it all. 

How do you know he would have been worth more if he put his money in a CD?  Even if he could have made more that way, which I doubt, he is a doer not a sit on my butt and watch the world go by type person. 

Inflate his ego, couldn't simply discuss this you just had to bring up his ego to use as a weapon against him.  Like the rich on the left don't have one or even ordinary people but lets attack Trump because he does.

Im not a money OR a numbers guy so im just taking the word of these folks : 

Trump Worth $10 Billion Less Than If He’d Simply Invested in Index Funds 

Donald Trump would be richer if he'd have invested in index funds 

The man pays to put his name on buildings he doesnt own and didnt build. He is a famous egomaniac , truthfully I just assumed that was established fact and it wasnt meant as an attack. That said we're discusing trump, dont fall into the "but the other side" trap. 

Honestly it would be mentioned much less often if Trump supporters didnt keep trying to make the claim he was self made. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

His campgine manager was also a women

10 hours ago, F3SS said:

And is also the first woman to ever successfully run a presidential campaign

Oh god..so are you guys talking about Kelly-anne Conway ? If you are.. she is 'puke' factor IMO.....Trump could run around naked in a tutu and high heels on Capital Hill and she would still make excuses for him.

You do not think that she is not on a HUGE salary to shine Trumps buttons  ?....hell I don't even like him....but to be appointed his shill....even I would say how great and monumental he is.

Are you people that naive ???

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Oh god..so are you guys talking about Kelly-anne Conway ? If you are.. she is 'puke' factor IMO.....Trump could run around naked in a tutu and high heels on Capital Hill and she would still make excuses for him.

You do not think that she is not on a HUGE salary to shine Trumps buttons  ?....hell I don't even like him....but to be appointed his shill....even I would say how great and monumental he is.

Are you people that naive ???

This thread is very frustrating, I dont think its naivety as much as desperation to prove the other guy wrong. Surrounding people who are anti woman with women (pence, carson for example)   doesnt all of a sudden make them "pro woman"