Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rescued deer found to be pregnant

Still Waters

Rescuers of a deer injured by a car were amazed to discover the animal was pregnant.

A motorist spotted the muntjac lying beside the road in Cambridgeshire and decided to help.

He put the deer in his car boot, drove home and called Fenland Animal Rescue.

A scan found the animal had suffered lacerations and a dislocated ankle but also that she was heavily pregnant. The centre hopes to release the deer before she gives birth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-38234853

• Like 4

Well done, that man!

Ewe never know your luck, eh?  Deserted by a buck but rescued by a buck in a truck.  (There's a limerick in there somewhere)

• Like 2

Deer oh deer, you'll not be the new Robbie Burns !

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Deer oh deer, you'll not be the new Robbie Burns !

But you could be the new Dame Edna.  Go for it!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

But you could be the new Dame Edna.  Go for it!

Yes, possum !

• Like 3

:( Update -

A fawn born after its mother was hit by a car has died from a brain injury, animal rescuers have said.

A driver took the fawn's injured mother to Fenland Animal Rescue after finding her at the roadside in Cambridgeshire.

A scan found the doe was heavily pregnant, and she gave birth at the centre last Sunday, staff said.

The fawn died on Friday from a brain injury most likely caused by the accident, a vet told rescuers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-38348921

• Like 3

I was driving home from Inverness in September and a deer shot out in front of me.I swerved to avoid the little devil.I can't bear roadkill.Mind it would have cost a bomb to repair the car.Ive never seen a live badger,only dead ones by the roadside.Its sad really.

Edited by TopToffee
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TopToffee said:

Ive never seen a live badger,only dead ones by the roadside.Its sad really.

Same here apart from seeing some in a wildlife park, and they were asleep!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Same here apart from seeing some in a wildlife park, and they were asleep!

Badgers are very secretive.I was in the fields with the dogs a while a go and saw one dead.We have a problem with badger baiting.Next door had a Bull terrier turn up with terrible injuries a few years ago.He had to be put to sleep.His bottom jaw was hanging off.Why do people take pleasure from this?I have coursing dogs but never hunt them.Granted the big girl did take a chunk of feathers from a chicken that some neighbours had.They got a box of chocolates for that.Mind they were not bothered and wondered what the fuss was about.Chicken was strutting his stuff minus a few tail feathers later.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TopToffee said:

Badgers are very secretive.I was in the fields with the dogs a while a go and saw one dead.We have a problem with badger baiting

Meanwhile -

That's a lot of badgers!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TopToffee said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Thats a huge ammount.Sorry about this strange reply.Im on my phone at the moment.

Ignore that last thing.Im on a mobile.Its too many to go.I dont mind you all eating meat.Eat the animal you kill,domestic farming aside.Why kill an animal to dump it.Why eat dogs when you have so many to choose from.?

1 minute ago, TopToffee said:

Ignore that last thing.Im on a mobile.Its too many to go.I dont mind you all eating meat.Eat the animal you kill,domestic farming aside.Why kill an animal to dump it.Why eat dogs when you have so many to choose from.?

The Festival of Meat.I saw a Greyhound being plunged in hot water to be boiled alive.I also saw that racehounds owners send them over for this alleged festival.Its unbelievable to think dogs,mans best friend is treated this way.Why do countries treat them this way.