Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doctors call for diesel cars ban in London

Still Waters

A campaign led by medical professionals is calling for all diesel cars to be banned from London.

Doctors Against Diesel claim 9,400 Londoners a year die prematurely from breathing in toxic fumes from diesel engines.

Paris, Madrid, Mexico City and Athens have committed to a ban on diesel vehicles by 2025.

Opponents to the campaign have called the proposals "impractical" and warned a blanket ban could "backfire".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38274792

• Like 1

So, my petrol car which pours smoke out the back, and is taxed accordingly, is actually healthier than Mrs Rover's tax free ultra low emission diesel?

Oh that's gold, I can't wait to tut. 

The big issue here...is that most public service vehicles are diesel, think Black cabs and Buses... and there are hundreds of 'them'... it will cost a fortune to refit all those vehicles... or buy new ones

But I totally agree they should be banned....Ive always seen diesels as dirty...and anyone can see the stuff they pump out is black....not the whitish grey exhaust you get with petrol cars

But also in the Uk some years ago... there was a government incentive to buy diesel vehicles.... madness

First we were bribed to buy diesel cars. Now they want to tax us for doing so

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3632355/First-bribed-buy-diesel-cars-want-tax-us.html#ixzz4STievYuQ

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

So what about poor folks who only have an old diesel fueled clunker as a form of transportation and can't afford anything else?