Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragons

YoungScrappyHungry

Does anybody out there believe in dragons or at any point in time have researched stuff about them? If so I would really want to know so comment on here if you have sightings or if you also like looking into this stuff.

• Like 3

Welcome to UM :st Please, read the site rules, take some time to check out some threads... and enjoy yourself here on UM.

As far as your topic... dragons have been discussed many times over the years here on UM. If you use the search box in the upper right hand corner, it will help in your research.

• Like 4

The term "dragon" was just a term people used to describe any large, unknown animal.

The rest of dragon lore is just human fabrication and embellishments. In other words, 99.99% of it is just made up stuff to make ordinary animals seem something they are not.

• Like 3

What kind of dragon? Wyvern? Loong (Chinese)? Naga? Lindworm? Or just dragons in general?

Edited by jsowersby

Dragons from legends do not and have never existed. Komodo dragons are entirely real, and they're pretty neat, though.

• Like 3

https://udekalight.blogspot.com/2016/08/the-role-of-dragon-in-earths-ascension.html?showComment=1471884628466&m=1#c5018928511242790994

2016-08-22

The role of dragon in Earth’s ascension

The legends and myths about dragons are world-wide phenomena. In fact, dragons are beings in energy forms which exist to serve the mankind. They are symbol of the descending spirit-souls, and have lots of roles and missions to fulfill.

Dragons work under the control of the Government of Heaven. They have the collective consciousness, and at the same time have individuality. The dimensional spectrum of dragons are wide from 6th to 9th. The higher the dimension where dragons dwell is, the more evolved and the more powerful they are. 

This reminds me of a guided meditation class I took once ( except the birdman tribe bit), I think the OP meant fire-breathing beasts that tear people apart.

It seems plausable that such a creature could of existed and then went extinct. A left over from prehistoric times. All cultures speak of them.

Sadly no bones have ever been found though showing that they probably did not exsist 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm basically with Podo on this one. Mythic dragons are not real. I think the Egyptian Crocodile is probably the precursor to the European dragon, since that form of dragon came out of the middle east with the ancient Hebrews.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Dragons
On 12/17/2016 at 4:38 PM, spartan max2 said:

It seems plausable that such a creature could of existed and then went extinct. A left over from prehistoric times. All cultures speak of them.

Sadly no bones have ever been found though showing that they probably did not exsist 

A fire-breathing, six-limbed reptilian is in no way plausible.

It depends, do you mean wyverns, basilisks, tatzel worms, or dragons in general.

Edited by jamescoolcrafter15

4 hours ago, oldrover said:

The Tatzel worm isn't connected to dragons. 

Actually it is, i'm a cryptozoologist and i did some research and tatzel worms are connected to dragons. Also which dragon do you mean?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Actually it is, i'm a cryptozoologist and i did some research and tatzel worms are connected to dragons. Also which dragon do you mean?

The Tatzelwurm is more of a serpent than a dragon. Dragons, classified in a mythological sense, have wings, whereas a Tatzelwurm does not. It is my thinking that accounts of the Tatzelwurm were inspired by encounters with the fossil remains of the extinct European giant salamander, Andrias scheuchzeri, rather than any living creature

IMG_6414.JPG

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Actually, what Carnoferox said.

We can discuss the tatzelwurm and its presentation in cryptozoology if you like though. But, as the term cryptozoologist has no official definition and as I doubt that, like me, you have any formal qualification in this area your defining yourself as a cryptozoologist isn't going to be to your advantage. 

23 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

The Tatzelwurm is more of a serpent than a dragon. Dragons, classified in a mythological sense, have wings, whereas a Tatzelwurm does not. It is my thinking that accounts of the Tatzelwurm were inspired by encounters with the fossil remains of the extinct European giant salamander, Andrias scheuchzeri, rather than any living creature

IMG_6414.JPG

Not all dragons have wings.

21 hours ago, oldrover said:

Actually, what Carnoferox said.

We can discuss the tatzelwurm and its presentation in cryptozoology if you like though. But, as the term cryptozoologist has no official definition and as I doubt that, like me, you have any formal qualification in this area your defining yourself as a cryptozoologist isn't going to be to your advantage. 

Is this going to be a moment where we all stand one by one and exclaim, "I'm a cryptozoologist!"? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

I thought the tatzelwurm was described usually as having four short legs.

superstition-mythical-creatures-tatzelwu

Edited by DieChecker

26 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I thought the tatzelwurm was described usually as having four short legs.

superstition-mythical-creatures-tatzelwu

Descriptions vary on whether it has two or four legs. However, you will notice that the appearance is sometimes similar to a salamander.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Is this going to be a moment where we all stand one by one and exclaim, "I'm a cryptozoologist!"? 

My name is oldRover and I'm a recovering cryptozoologist. I haven't believed in a unsupported piece of eye witness testimony now for nearly ten years.

But, I'm still taking it one day at a time.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, oldrover said:

My name is oldRover and I'm a recovering cryptozoologist. I haven't believed in a unsupported piece of eye witness testimony now for nearly ten years.

But, I'm still taking it one day at a time.

Seems there's a lot of that going around on UM. Seems like the more BS people read, the less they desire to believe in it. ?:blink:?

• Like 1