Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you believe in Psychics?

katie0410

My first thread here, basically I had a few psychic readings at the start of the year, for the first time ever, and I called bs on all of them, but two are not playing out exactly.

So...

Have you had predictions come to pass?

Have you had paid readings?

Are you psychic yourself?

Any experiences at all

12 minutes ago, katie0410 said:

My first thread here, basically I had a few psychic readings at the start of the year, for the first time ever, and I called bs on all of them, but two are not playing out exactly.

So...

No

Not from a psychic

Nope, nope, and I think nope. :lol:

Define 'psychic'

Any experiences at all

Most of the supposed psychics I've come across are frauds. Guess work plus hit and miss. I'm still waiting to meet a legit psychic though. 

• Like 5

how many psychics have won the lottery?

Theres your answer

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, katie0410 said:

So...

Any experiences at all

There are many kinds of psychics, i.e. mediums, clairvoyants, claircognizants, empaths.  So doing a reading is a general intuitive psychic skill.

You are right to spot the fakes.  They spoil it for those with the genuine ability.  I wouldn't pay for a reading anyway since I know myself well and am not anxious about the future.

I am claircognizant i.e. can read people when I meet them - tell you a lot about them.  However, I don't really want to go into it on this forum since there are far too many sceptics who just think I am boasting!  I don't need to prove myself to them.  It is what it is.  I thought everyone had this ability but discovered this was not the case.  Some people get uncomfortable if they know I can do this since they sense me looking through them so I tend not to let on (in real life).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seeder said:

how many psychics have won the lottery?

Theres your answer

It doesn't work like that, i.e. for monetary gain/self interest.  Plus not all psychics are clairvoyants!  There are many different kinds of psychics!

Edited by sees
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, sees said:

It doesn't work like that, i.e. for monetary gain/self interest.

who says it dont?  There are no rules to any possible psychic phenomena.....

BTW my nan is a medium...

at least thats what it says on her knickers  :lol:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, sees said:

It doesn't work like that, i.e. for monetary gain

why do they charge people then, for a session?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sees said:

I am claircognizant i.e. can read people when I meet them - tell you a lot about them

So you're adept at reading subtle body language. 

There are many kinds of psychics, i.e. mediums, clairvoyants, claircognizants, empaths.  So doing a reading is a general intuitive psychic skill.

Empaths/empathy is a normal human ability. Most people can empathizes with others.

Yeah I've heard some b.s. rules about how psychic abilities were suppose to work. Hell I know occultist who have higher chances (better luck) than psychics. It's like they have a horseshoe right up their.........

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4

@see's I see what you are saying, but I have to agree with seeder, who is to say? And if it can't be for monetary gain, how can readers charge for their time? I don't understand these 'rules' that being said two psychics gave me the same date, same situation, but that being said being said again, probability is a thing

if anyone chooses to....go to youtube, type in  "James Randi exposes psychics".... he has a ton of vids....he is well known debunker of all paranormal stuff

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

So you're adept at leading subtle body language. 

Empaths/empathy is a normal human ability. Most people can empathizes with others.

Yeah I've heard some b.s. rules about how psychic abilities were suppose to work. Hell I know occultist who have higher chances (better luck) than psychics. It's like they have a horseshoe right up their.........

and this too, if something exists it happens within the laws of nature, our natural laws change to include proven phenomena. So if it is happening technically it is nothing special. Ie Empathy is human.

• Like 1

look up cold reading

Its what most flim flam psychics do, whether or not they realise it...and YOU can learn to do it too, buy the books etc

Cold reading is a set of techniques used by mentalists, psychics, fortune-tellers, mediums and illusionists to imply that the reader knows much more about the person than the reader actually does.[1] Without prior knowledge, a practiced cold-reader can quickly obtain a great deal of information by analyzing the person's body language, age, clothing or fashion, hairstyle, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race or ethnicity, level of education, manner of speech, place of origin, etc. Cold readings commonly employ high-probability guesses, quickly picking up on signals as to whether their guesses are in the right direction or not, then emphasizing and reinforcing chance connections and quickly moving on from missed guesses.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

look up cold reading

Its what most flim flam psychics do, whether or not they realise it...and YOU can learn to do it too, buy the books etc

This with the Barnum/Forer effect....

I still don't understand the preciseness of the dates I was given though, I wonder if maybe there is some kind of exception

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

At about page two I get going really 'psychic' like in this thread. A cookie to the person who figures out what I did.

Oh god lol.. I think you are actually psychic but just denying it

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

:unsure:Okay?

I hadn't accounted for my emotional/chemical response to the predictions at all, so this was helpful!

3 hours ago, sees said:

And none of them have proven that what they do is real.

3 hours ago, sees said:

You are right to spot the fakes.  They spoil it for those with the genuine ability.

There is no proof that anyone has genuine abilities.

3 hours ago, sees said:

I wouldn't pay for a reading anyway since I know myself well and am not anxious about the future.

I am claircognizant i.e. can read people when I meet them - tell you a lot about them.

So can many other people.  It doesn't take magic to do that, just keen observation.

3 hours ago, sees said:

However, I don't really want to go into it on this forum since there are far too many sceptics who just think I am boasting!

No, not boasting.  Just not willing to prove your claims.

3 hours ago, sees said:

I don't need to prove myself to them.

And no one needs to believe you.  Guess it works out for all of us.

3 hours ago, sees said:

I thought everyone had this ability but discovered this was not the case.  Some people get uncomfortable if they know I can do this since they sense me looking through them so I tend not to let on (in real life).

Um, yeah.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sees said:

Of course it doesn't.....:rolleyes:

The monetary gain and self interest comes from fleecing the gullible.

Plus not all psychics are clairvoyants!  There are many different kinds of psychics!

And none have ever proven to be the real deal.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 1

I believe they're charlatans.

8 hours ago, seeder said:

who says it dont?  There are no rules to any possible psychic phenomena.....

BTW my nan is a medium...

at least thats what it says on her knickers  :lol:

http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2013/08/why-psychics-dont-win-the-lottery/

8 hours ago, seeder said:

why do they charge people then, for a session?

Some psychics make their skills a profession - which is not to say they all have the gift!  Alas, far too many fakes around.

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So you're adept at reading subtle body language. 

No - being claircognizant is FAR more than just reading body language...ha!  Anyone can do that!

There is a difference between being able to empathize e.g. on certain occasions and for that facility to be permanently switched on regardless of the situation.  Many empaths wish there were an off switch!  It can be invasive.

Don't know why I am even wasting my time answering your post since your mind is firmly shut even though you clearly do not know much about the subject.  At least others will read and maybe realise there is more to it...

• Like 1

• The topic was locked