Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prehistoric footprints unearthed in Tanzania

UM-Bot

If there's anybody on this whole planet that can tell us more from studying these tracks it would have to be these folks ...

~

The San people (or Saan), also known as Bushmen or Basarwa, are members of various indigenous hunter-gatherer people of Southern Africa, whose territories span Botswana, Namibia, Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho[1] and South Africa. There is a significant linguistic difference between the northern people living between the Okavango River in Botswana and Etosha National Park in northwestern Namibia, extending up into southern Angola; the central people of most of Namibia and Botswana, extending into Zambia and Zimbabwe; and the southern people in the central Kalahari towards the Molopo River, who are the last remnant of the previously extensive indigenous San of South Africa.[2][3]

• Like 2

Just look at all the different dialects in the UK!  Probably not classified as significant differences unless your an American trying to understand what's being said.  I still have a hard time understanding my buddy at work.  He's from the Leeds area.  I've known him for around ten years ad still have to get him to repeat stuff, especially when we're drinking a pint or 12.

• Like 2

This is serendipitous! 

By the way, does it mean the museum would impact too much? 

That would be ironic. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 6:01 PM, paperdyer said:

Just look at all the different dialects in the UK!  Probably not classified as significant differences unless your an American trying to understand what's being said

No, it's not just you. I was confronted once by a man from Newcastle who was upset over something I'done/not done. In about thirty seconds of haranguing I only got the word 'ladder' and '****'. 

Also, there are four different indigenous languages spoken here too.