Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EA servers suck

F3SS

This may not be the best forum for these issues but I've bought two EA games recently and I get kicked off the servers constantly.

PS4--Need for Speed---Star Wars Battlefront. 

They're unplayable for me. Has anyone had this issue and had any luck resolving it? I have found complicated answers with all these custom router settings and special manual network settings but that's unacceptable. We shouldn't have to do that.

• Like 2

Well guys if anyone is listening here the answer, supposedly, is something called "port forwarding". Look it up yourself. Can't stay on a server? That seems to be the final solution. I haven't done it yet myself but soon I will. Apparently it isn't just EA because I bought the new COD hoping to finally have some fun online and it's servers are nearly as bad as the others  but it has everything to do with NAT type and port forwarding. It bullcrap that we have to do any of this with console gaming.

Edited by F3SS

Same for me with GTA V on Ps4... 
I never lose the connection when playing on my pc..

My ps4 connection on the other hand is crap.. 
Had the same issue with my ps3 but it got better when I connected it with line instead of wifi.

• Like 2

Yea I've become quite angry with my PS4 lately with the crap online I'm dealing with, the abysmal DL speeds and the hard drive space too. I didn't have this problem a couple years ago with COD Advanced Warfare. Occasional bootings like always but today it's never ending.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Make sure u have ur network settings open on ur ps4 its called nat but yes ea sucks, there are u tube vidoes on how to set up ur ps4 for online play good luck hope this helped

• Like 1

Just now, coolguy said:

Make sure u have ur network settings open on ur ps4 its called nat but yes ea sucks, there are u tube vidoes on how to set up ur ps4 for online play good luck hope this helped

Thanks man I really went through the ropes with all of that though. I've since ripped siding off my house and ran a 100' Ethernet cord behind the siding and through the walls from my PlayStation to my router and not only did it solve my connection issues it pushes my d/l speeds from a measly couple of mb to 25mb+.

Played both of those games and never had any issues with connection, but loading times with Battlefront led me to trade it in.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

I had to conclude that it was my wireless router. It works fine with everything and have played many games in the past with it but I don't know. Once I switched to wired I've had no issues.

• Like 1