Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Still Waters

Jediism ruled not a religion

31 posts in this topic

Jediism, the worship of the mythology of Star Wars, is not a religion, the Charity Commission has ruled.

The commission rejected an application to grant charitable status to The Temple of the Jedi Order.

It said Jediism did not "promote moral or ethical improvement" for charity law purposes in England and Wales.

In the 2011 census, 177,000 people declared themselves Jedi under the religion section, making it the seventh most popular religion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38368526

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What next? Are the Pastafarians safe?

I shall still be a Jedi when the census needs filled in.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... a great disturbance to the Force I sense ... I do ... rightful place of the Jedi , take back we must ...

~

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

It said Jediism did not "promote moral or ethical improvement" for charity law purposes in England and Wales.

Everybody wants to be tax-free these days...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Everybody wants to be tax-free these days...

There are so many charities they're reliant on charity.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Everybody wants to be tax-free these days...

yup..

 

though Jedi has as much merit as Scientology

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Jedi religion

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

250?cb=20110207233459

First Jediism what next Unitology. "Altman be praised." 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the Charity Commission is controlled by the Sith...

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I grow up I want to be a Jedi Master.

 c050.gif

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, Jediism seems just as legit as anything else out there right now.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whadda they mean ; doesnt lead people to improvement !  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if they stopped playing with their light sabers, they'd be taken seriously. :whistle:

 

Is hypocrisy an improvement?  Lot's of religions father that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more a fan of the Sith, myself.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jediism started as a way to avoid tax and frankly it really hasn't progressed much since then, it's quite a large joke and hopefully will stay that way. It would be a very sad day in western culture if "Jediism" actually became a religion. (Which it isn't). Totally agree with the Commission here on the homepage article when they state:

"The Commission considers that there is insufficient evidence that Jediism and the Jedi Doctrine as promoted by the Temple of the Jedia Order is a sufficiently structured, organised or integrated system of belief to constitute a religion," 

Jediism is not formally recognised as a religion by any official sources because most people are well aware it's a complete farce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fsmass.jpg

The true god particle.:lol:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Unfortunately said:

Jediism is not formally recognised as a religion by any official sources because most people are well aware it's a complete farce.

Just like scientology and mormonism, then?

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even Helen Keller could see that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 3:34 PM, LostSouls7 said:

I like the Jedi religion

Well, it is based on The Force. As I am a worshipper of nature, which could be another name for the Force, it works for me!

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IamthemanfromNantucket said:

Even Helen Keller could see that.

OH....too soon, too soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Well, it is based on The Force. As I am a worshipper of nature, which could be another name for the Force, it works for me!

But, does your Nature move things with your mind?  Play mind tricks with your enemies?  Is it made up of millions of midichlorines....ah, nevermind.  Those three prequels were terrible.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

But, does your Nature move things with your mind?  Play mind tricks with your enemies?  Is it made up of millions of midichlorines....ah, nevermind.  Those three prequels were terrible.

If my nature could move things with my mind :rofl:  I would be a faithful disciple of Jediism.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on as much fact as other Religions so I don't see the problem. Maybe when we've all been wiped out a handful of survivors will find a Star Wars Novel and base their lives around it. We can only hope.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait the Church of Scientology claims its a religion and is tax free but they wont recognize the way of the force? What bull **** is this?

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-12-20 at 3:18 PM, Unfortunately said:

Jediism started as a way to avoid tax and frankly it really hasn't progressed much since then, it's quite a large joke and hopefully will stay that way. It would be a very sad day in western culture if "Jediism" actually became a religion. (Which it isn't). Totally agree with the Commission here on the homepage article when they state:

"The Commission considers that there is insufficient evidence that Jediism and the Jedi Doctrine as promoted by the Temple of the Jedia Order is a sufficiently structured, organised or integrated system of belief to constitute a religion," 

Jediism is not formally recognised as a religion by any official sources because most people are well aware it's a complete farce.

Religions shouldn't be tax-exempt at all. Considering Jediism is as valid as any other belief system...well, they deserve it if they want it.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.