Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's the Worst Gift You've Ever Received?

GlitterRose

33 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

No, it wasn't a joke and he wasn't poor ....... he just enjoyed being mean to me. Took me a while to realise that was what it was :hmm:  

What a jerk.  People can be so insensitive sometimes.   Glad you got out of that situation.   :)

• Like 3

I'd like to believe in Karma or that it happens quickly here in this reality but, I've seen too many of the ugly having it all so to speak.  Oh not to say that good folks don't have it all too!   That upsets me just reading that.  HERE HERE ! I"m with TC !  toot-toot ! * putting horns away, *drops needle* *jumps down in a huff off little soap box*.

Edited by MWoo7
toooooooooooo
  • Like 2

Wow I can't believe anyone ever thought getting a brick as a present for someone was a good idea

That's gotta be THE WORST PRESENT on here

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

The worst gift I ever received was for my 17th birthday, from my then boyfriend. It was a gift-wrapped BRICK with a tiny silver plaque on it which said 'Happy Birthday'. That was it ....... no 'proper' present later on. I was so shocked(and confused), that I couldn't say anything! It still upsets me to think about it.

Good thing that you dropped him like a brick soon after that.

• Like 4

spc_spilldrink_100-101.gif?w=150&h=88Maybe ouija weeegee had the timer set to see exactly how long it would be until the ultimate BRICK joke came along HA! EXCELLENCE INDEED !

Crowd goes wild
clapping-crowd-applause.gif

or NOT !

tumblr_m5o6qlaSgR1qdq5u6.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

The worst gift I ever received was for my 17th birthday, from my then boyfriend. It was a gift-wrapped BRICK with a tiny silver plaque on it which said 'Happy Birthday'. That was it ....... no 'proper' present later on. I was so shocked(and confused), that I couldn't say anything! It still upsets me to think about it.

When you say "tiny silver plaque".....am guessing that you used the word 'silver' loosely, i.e. just a cheap cake decoration plaque?

Otherwise it could have redeemed him! 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, sees said:

When you say "tiny silver plaque".....am guessing that you used the word 'silver' loosely, i.e. just a cheap cake decoration plaque?

Otherwise it could have redeemed him! 

It was a hand engraved metal plaque with a tiny pin at each corner ...... very tasteful!

29 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

It was a hand engraved metal plaque with a tiny pin at each corner ...... very tasteful!

Perhaps you should have chucked it at him? *I would have*

• Like 5

This is a terrible gift....unless your'e a fan of his, which I am.

Jericho.jpg

Let's see who gets it, there are e-cookies waiting...

Edited by Thorvir

My oldest sister used to be the worst at gift giving, one year she gave dad a keyring. 8 years ago she gave my sister and I (in 2 different colours) these stupid things called love testers. They tell you how attractive you are by having liquid go up the inner glass tube to lines with things written and if you got it to the top or overflowing you were hotstuff, they worked by body heat. All 3 were Christmas gifts. She put more thought in this year, got me perfume one that's not overly my scent (its a musk and I like fruity, floral, fresh girly) but still a nice useful gift. Atleast the perfume cane be used as a room spray, Avon so thankfully not super pricey

• Like 4

I can't think off-hand of any gifts I've received that have been no use to me. In general anything in the house unwanted gets donated to charity or sold on eBay, but I haven't been an eBay seller in years.

We used to give aftershave to my brother-in-law only to discover he had a beard. He would grow one now and then and we didn't see him that often to know.

Buying presents for somebody else is difficult. In our house we tend to say what we'd like and have sometimes picked our own, this helps a great deal, and seeing as we don't mind if it's a surprise or not it works perfectly. Better that than giving something that's no use.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

these stupid things called love testers. They tell you how attractive you are by having liquid go up the inner glass tube to lines with things written and if you got it to the top or overflowing you were hotstuff, they worked by body heat. 

So it isn't scientific proof???

I'm gutted :(

Years ago as a joke I gave my grandpa a box of condoms. He actually said thank you and that he'd make good use of them. Then it became uncomfortable.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Kurzweil said:

Years ago as a joke I gave my grandpa a box of condoms. He actually said thank you and that he'd make good use of them. Then it became uncomfortable.

Well good for him!  Old does not mean he's 'dead' yet! wink.gif

Here in UK there's a fun TV programme called Off Their Rockers (lots of vids on youtube).  It largely consists on the elderly playing pranks on the unsuspecting young - the joke being largely sexual in nature.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nyuk said:

So it isn't scientific proof???

I'm gutted :(

Oops sorry, lol. Lol either I'm hot stuff or naturally give off more heat. Another I thought of, 2 year ago my Aunt (one who likes to think I copied her by getting engaged and has other stupid things to say) gave my fiancé Michael a girly coffee cup for Christmas. It was a puppy coffee cup with the puppies in pink and tutus :huh:

• Like 1

My Grandma was the weirdest gift giver. Odd, generally not overly useful stuff. She once got me a sweater from a yard sale and made a point of telling me so. There was the turquoise year, Mom and I got earrings and my brother and Dad got terrible bolo ties with turquoise. The earrings might not sound bad but Moms were pot leaf earrings which I don't think Grandma knew what they were but still funny. One year she got all adults in the family lava lamps. She once got my daughter who was about 12 an adapter to make a lamp into a touch lamp. We all use to look forward with great anticipation to Christmas to see what she would come up with. Part of what made it funny was that she just didn't seem to know the gifts were odd. We miss her.

• Like 2

Got a nice jacked, brown color and i have white one of same brand and same model, love it. After trying new one... Well, sleeves on it were too short but who knows, i might just wear it :)

Not sure if this qualifies as 'Worst Gift' but it's certainly the weirdest. One birthday I received the same item from three different people. These friends all live abroad, have never met and would have no idea how to get in touch with each other. When I say 'the same item', each was slightly different: one was metal, one was glazed pottery and one was unglazed clay but they were obviously the same thing with the same purpose. Here's the thing, I have no idea what that purpose was and I have never seen a similar item before or since!  :w00t: I asked the friends, via letter/email what the little gifts were for but they never gave me an answer. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A sweater 2 sizes to big