Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wheres the womans missing legs?

seeder

OK this one is baffling people online.... count the seated women, then count the legs. You will see the woman in the middle has lost her legs...or can you work it out?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/5k12m7/find_the_middle_girls_legs/

pg8wNXvXjbVAg8n4-TsU3pgs2Z3xex3Qa-OAZx3R

• Like 2

I am far more concerned about the fact that one of those girls thinks drinking wine instead of beer at a sports bar is a good idea.

Who does that?

• Like 3

They have legs? I was stuck on deciding which one is the prettiest B)

It's a good optical illusion, but judging from the placement of their knees, I'd say the girl second from the left has her legs behind the first girl, and the girl who looks like she has missing legs is actually leaning towards the middle with her legs crossed.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

They have legs? I was stuck on deciding which one is the prettiest B)

It's a good optical illusion, but judging from the placement of their knees, I'd say the girl second from the left has her legs behind the first girl, and the girl who looks like she has missing legs is actually leaning towards the middle with her legs crossed.

I first assumed the center girl had her legs,,well, spread, and the others were sat on/over her legs, but thats not it either

I may dig around for the answer if no-one spots it here

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, acute said:

Photoshopped out!  Duh...

sure about that? did you read all the link?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, seeder said:

sure about that? did you read all the link?

Do we get to find out?  Last we need around here is an unexplained mystery!

• Like 4

Count the jeans ... it would have been better if the shoes were not cropped out of the original shot ... notice the shadow of the wine goblet the woman in the middle is holding ... none of the legs visible in the picture belongs to her ...

~

cropped.jpg

Brightened / cropped image shows that none is hidden behind the legs of the two women on the left either ... I dunno ... all inconclusive as yet ~

~

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 2

What a vexing mystery ! None of them look to have drunk enough to be legless.

• Like 5

There something not right about the fist pair of legs to the left. The leg which is under is correct, but the leg on top... how can I describe it... it's like it's to picture of black jeans wearing legs placed together. You kind of see an ankle and boot, but not for the entire width. And the boot looks like the one on the next leg to the right.

So the second pair of legs with the black boots would be the wine drinker's and there would be four legs in the black jeans mass. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gingitsune said:

There something not right about the fist pair of legs to the left. The leg which is under is correct, but the leg on top... how can I describe it... it's like it's to picture of black jeans wearing legs placed together. You kind of see an ankle and boot, but not for the entire width. And the boot looks like the one on the next leg to the right.

So the second pair of legs with the black boots would be the wine drinker's and there would be four legs in the black jeans mass. 

Its a puzzle isnt it? If you read the link I posted, you will see lots of people have attached photos where they have drawn outlines over the image, heres JUST one of the images with different color outlines, tho it still doesnt seem right

JGdhA1k.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Brightened / cropped image shows that none is hidden behind the legs of the two women on the left either ... I dunno ... all inconclusive as yet ~

Take another look at the first girl on the left. Either the second girl is behind her or she has at least three knees! :D

m9ys6o.jpg

The reason it looks so odd is because the second and third girl are both leaning towards the middle.

In fact if you try to picture the second girl as having the blue jeans on, she'd have to be a contortionist to get her left leg into that position!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

The reason it looks so odd is because the second and third girl are both leaning towards the middle.

In fact if you try to picture the second girl as having the blue jeans on, she'd have to be a contortionist to get her left leg into that position!

I'm going just by the jeans visible ... regarding the 'knees' of the first woman on the left, I see it more as an optical because of the slit fringe ... when I look at the colors and fabric textures, it does look like there's only four different consistent pairs of jeans ... other than that I can't make any conclusions without further information available ~

~

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seeder said:

Its a puzzle isnt it? If you read the link I posted, you will see lots of people have attached photos where they have drawn outlines over the image, heres JUST one of the images with different color outlines, tho it still doesnt seem right

JGdhA1k.jpg

I though of this one, but the jeans and leg size are not right for this kind of trick.

cropped.jpg

Unless they purposely made jeans with two legs made out of different fabrics, the three blue jeans pair of legs are different jeans, so they have to come in pair from only three of the girls.

Then the two boots are definitely right feet in right boots, you can't cheat with these kind a super fit boots. And it's definitely an outer side ankle bone I see above the black boot.

• Like 3

m9ys6o.jpg

Not only is there three knees, but we can't see the wood frame of the couch between the first women legs, like we do with the blue jeans girls. meaning there is a black jeans leg there too.

• Like 3

Look increasingly like a shopped image of two different shots ...

~

• Like 1

This should clear up the third girl for anyone still having problems:

3177587.jpg

Looks perfectly normal for someone leaning to their left. You can see the shape of her calf pressed against the bench with the position she's in.

Go and have a few more yuletide beverages third_eye. It'll all come into focus :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LV-426 said:

Looks perfectly normal for someone leaning to their left. You can see the shape of her calf pressed against the bench with the position she's in.

Go and have a few more yuletide beverages third_eye. It'll all come into focus :D

Right calf or left calf ?

Looks more like both legs belongs to the first and second woman to me ... the right over the right which would leave the lefts missing for both women ... :lol:

Left1.jpg

Or the second pair of legs belongs to the woman in the middle entirely?

Left.jpg

Talk about stretching the bits to fit the seat ... which would also leave one set of legs missing still ... totally hidden behind the first woman on the extreme right ?

Maybe I need a bit of what you are drinking ...

~

Edited by third_eye
ding dong bells
  • Like 1

Well, I haven't worked it out yet, but I'm having fun trying.  Pretty bunch of girls. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, seeder said:

OK this one is baffling people online.... count the seated women, then count the legs. You will see the woman in the middle has lost her legs...or can you work it out?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/5k12m7/find_the_middle_girls_legs/

There is one very obvious way in which this illusion could be created without any image manipulation. I have a sofa of very similar construction in my conservatory, on which the back consists of longer versions of the rails seen under the side arms. Remove a few of those (likely patrons may have kicked them out already) and a person could put their legs through the gap to conceal them behind the sofa, while at the same time assuming an apparently seated position. Examining my own sofa, perhaps removal of just one rail would be enough for a slim woman to assume the position suggested.

• Like 1

You will lose your mind worrying about the girl's lost legs !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Take another look at the first girl on the left. Either the second girl is behind her or she has at least three knees! :D

m9ys6o.jpg

I believe you are right.

The 1st girl owns the 1st set of legs = unless she has a really short right leg, the 3 leg with the cut knees and  we can clearly see the boot, belongs to the 2nd girl.

The 2nd girl has her leg on top of her other leg, hence why her knee is higher and because both sets of jeans are black, and the 1st girl is seated first and hiding part of the 2nd girls legs, this creates the illusion.

So, the 3rd girl owns the first set of blue jeans.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I believe you are right.

The 1st girl owns the 1st set of legs = unless she has a really short right leg, the 3 leg with the cut knees and  we can clearly see the boot, belongs to the 2nd girl.

The 2nd girl has her leg on top of her other leg, hence why her knee is higher and because both sets of jeans are black, and the 1st girl is seated first and hiding part of the 2nd girls legs, this creates the illusion.

I do think this is correct. She's a curvy sort of lass.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I believe you are right.

I disagree about the first blue jeans.  The first blue jeaned leg is coming from the centre of the second girl. It's too far away from where the 3rd girls hips would be.  

I still haven't worked it out yet, but I do agree the 2nd girl has at least one black pant leg.  

• Like 1