Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

George Michael has died - aged 53

EllJay

I doubt there was ever a year where so many pop musicians died prematurely. I'm tipping prolonged drug use is a factor.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

I doubt there was ever a year where so many pop musicians died prematurely. I'm tipping prolonged drug use is a factor.

The thing is, plenty of men drop dead in their fifties...or any other age. LOADS of even younger people die too

But we skim over that if we dont know them....Im 50 and Ive already had a minor heart attack

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seeder said:

The thing is, plenty of men drop dead in their fifties...or any other age. LOADS of even younger people die too

But we skim over that if we dont know them....Im 50 and Ive already had a minor heart attack

But 2016 has been remarkable for the high profile music industry performers who left early.

• Like 2

Just now, Habitat said:

But 2016 has been remarkable for the high profile music industry performers who left early.

Yep Id agree with that too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seeder said:

Oh, my.  I wish you good luck with your health.  That must have been scary.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Oh, my.  I wish you good luck with your health.  That must have been scary.  

funny enough it wasnt scary going thru. I woke up feeling 'wrong'... heart was pounding etc....didnt go away for ages, so I WALKED the 5 mins to my docs, waited a half hour as I didnt have an appt, then when I saw a doc, he listened to my heart thru a stethoscope.... looked alarmed.....and said...." Sit very still, dont speak, Im calling an ambulance"

Well....I had to ask why?  he just looked at me and said...."you are having a heart attack"....ten mins later I was in the ambulance going to hospital, blue lights and sirens all the way

• Like 1

George Michael: When a Deal or No Deal contestant said she needed £15k for IVF, he secretly phoned in and gave her the money.

In addition to his famous Band Aid stint, Michael was also a patron of the Rainbow Trust, helping to raise money for terminally ill children.

He was quoted as saying: "Loss is such an incredibly difficult thing. I bow down to people who actually have to deal with the loss of a child".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/george-michael-dead-death-richard-osman-deal-or-no-deal-ivf-a7495966.html

RIP

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ashotep said:

A lot of celebrities have died this year.  Zsa Zsa died about a week ago.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/celebrity-deaths-2016-famous-faces-7797848?service=responsive

Zsa Zsa was ninety-nine (or perhaps one hundred and nine) so that wasn't too much of a surprise. But fifty three, that is far too young to die.

Edit: I think a lot of people weren't expecting one hundred year old Kirk Douglas to make it through the year, but he's hanging in there!

Edited by Derek Willis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Derek Willis said:

Zsa Zsa was ninety-nine (or perhaps one hundred and nine) so that wasn't too much of a surprise. But fifty three, that is far too young to die.

Edit: I think a lot of people weren't expecting one hundred year old Kirk Douglas to make it through the year, but he's hanging in there!

Yes she lived a nice long life but she still died this year, that was my only point.

Ugh...2016 just can't get over fast enough. 

I was just thinking the other day what a lousy year this has been for celebrity deaths. And then WHAM!  :D

#nottoosoon

On 2016-12-26 at 0:57 AM, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

:cry:

You know, it started up as an Billy Idol-song, but Billy wanted George to put some lyrics on it - come what may. Michael didn't like it much, but they did a release-reordering of the song, but soon after George Michael heard the result he gave Billy the One-Finger-Salut - so that kinda ended their relationship. Michael went home . cried a bit. and then went down to his basementstudio and wouldn't come until he had the song his way.

Henze; we have two versions of Carless Whisper. One is Careless Yell from Billy Idols With a Rebel Yell.

The other one is just vanilla Rebel Yell ;)

It's a true story....honestly!  AaQy921.png?1

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell

Careless Rebel -  (George Michael + Billy Idol

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

it was christmas day here when he died.......very sad indeed........ironic.....it was was raining all day and many thunderstorms.......

• Like 1

There is some speculation right now if he was murdered.  The police have questioned his partner about why he was sleeping in the car.