Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What did you get for Giftmas?

XenoFish

I got a gift card to PetSmart and another to Regal Cinema (my son knows me all too well).I received a circular scarf and silver bangle bracelet from my daughter. Dove dark chocolate and Mondavi cabernet wine from friends. 'Santa' also told me I'm to go shoe/boot shopping as soon as the post Christmas sales begin. ;)

• Like 3

my husband and i (sorry, went a bit queenified there) do not do Christmas presents, but we did folk out on some new wooden worktops, butler sink and a hob. Just me, a new pair of slippers each would have been cheaper, but it was worth it and needed doing.

As for family, the children get bits but the adults will all get their new year cards shortly.

We do not send christmas cards, but have always send happy new years cards.

• Like 4

Sat at home and relaxed all by myself. Very nice. I looked out of my window at the grass, the trees the bushes, the sky and all around and didn't notice anything different than any other day. Seems the earth didn't notice anything special.

• Like 7

A new chair. Well, a second-hand chair, but it was better than the old one, which you kept sliding off. And some Biscuits.

• Like 4

One thing is guitar "pic punch"  coolest thing. Im always losing pics around house.Its like they find themselves in that other dimension where all the missing socks wind up.Anyways you look around for proper guage plastic and with the punch,knock one out..instant guitar pic.:D

• Like 6

My hubby and I don't exchange gifts, but we get some stuff for the kids.  My MIL made me some cozies for bowls that get too warm in the microwave, kitchen towels and pot holders and gave me some money toward some clothes, which I desperately need.  My mom gave me cherry cola flavored chocolate covered cherries, and some kitchen towels as well.  I like useful gifts, rather than frivolous things.   My giftmas was bittersweet as I would gladly give it all up to have my best friend back again.   

• Like 8

i honestly wasnt expecting anything... but i got a nice set of kitchen knives, gloves, and a nice zip up wool sweater from ireland... was more into giving this year helped out a couple of struggling families, and kept one family from losing their apartment

• Like 5

This year I got records, actual vinyl...So ridiculously cool. 

So ridiculously freakin cool!! 

Oh and I spent the day playing with my cute little red headed grandbaby, until she turned semi demon and needed a nap. To be honest I had the nap, she kept going.

• Like 5

I felt the need to start this thread because we needed a less grumpy one about Christmas/Giftmas. I had a nice day off work, it was warm and I did something I rarely do, relax. My gift was getting to have another Giftmas with my wife.

• Like 5

I got a box of turtles, new paint brushes, a purple dragon figurine, an Star Trek Enterprise pen and a dragonfly  window decoration.  Things I like and use without going overboard.

• Like 4

My gift was the warm and fuzzy feeling I got watching my wife open her new HP Envy printer,

a161c925-99e9-4a6d-8aa7-0e1f6755649c_1.5And her "Cuddle bug" machine for making crafts b5ad244e-7dd7-4df6-a3a9-7859d3409bbc_1.2

• Like 5

We don't do Christmas but every year my parents get me a little something from Tiffany's. It's a tradition that started at my very first Christmas and somehow continued on. This year they gave me the bracelet I had been drooling over, so I really scored.

As for my friends, instead of giving me gifts, I get them to donate to the toy drive I manage each year for the hospital I volunteer at. I got some really amazing toys this year and I'm especially grateful to those friends who were clever enough to buy Hatchimals before they sold out everywhere. They're so cute, I desperately wanted to keep one for myself!

• Like 4

• $50 Target gift card.
  • Noir and Centaur cologne
  • Kitchen knife set even though I don't cook
  • 2 Copper Chef pans...again I don't cook
  • $20 cash
  • An insulated mug

So yeah, basically all I got was $70 worth of spending money. And I only had to spend $400 worth of Xmas gifts to get it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NightScreams said:
  • $50 Target gift card.
  • $20 cash
  • An insulated mug

So yeah, basically all I got was $70 worth of spending money. And I only had to spend $400 worth of Xmas gifts to get it.

Maybe they were subtly hinting?

Gift cards were the best idea when it comes to Giftmas and birthdays. No way to really fail with them.

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Maybe they were subtly hinting?

Gift cards were the best idea when it comes to Giftmas and birthdays. No way to really fail with them.

lol, considering I like my food on the burnt side, I doubt it. I even like burnt cheese.

3 days off work to just relax and chill out  :) 

And some crocodile jerky

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NightScreams said:
  • $50 Target gift card.
  • $20 cash
  • An insulated mug

But if you use that $70 to buy a good cookery book ...... ;) 

10 hours ago, Essan said:

But if you use that $70 to buy a good cookery book ...... ;) 

You mean......prepare an actual meal?

14bja83.jpg

• Like 1

A ruined diet.  I'm going to lose the bet with my dietitian when I see her next week....

Edited by Thorvir

My nieces got me a Captain America work out shirt, which I loved. 

My mother managed to track down a signed photograph of James Doohan, Scotty from Star Trek, made out to someone with my name. Damn awesome. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, I got a multicooker.  My mum decided to present me it for the Christmas. At first I wanted to throw it away. But after some try in cooking I like it. It's so cool, you can put all ingredients inside and just serve the meal after an hour or less, and no time at kitchen :D

This one. And I like it!

RMC-M4502E_white.jpg

• Like 2