Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts are all around

Rick Waid

Sorry but that was the worst video I have ever seen,, 
The videos quality was way more scary than the the window opening..

• Like 5

Filmed with a potato? Typical, No Back story what so ever just hey look a old house window opens and no wind?

• Like 2

When viewing your posts, I can only ever think of Peter Kay's "litter and wind" sketch. 

Once again...  this is f'ing ridiculous  :blink:

• Like 3

whats this got to do with ghosts? 

A couple of possibilities here:

someone is inside pushing it open.

The wind has blown it open.

The video is so bad that we can not tell if it is windy, or if the window is fully intact....how could you possible know that the window was going to open, unless you knew it was loose and have seen it open before by the wind or someone was in the house ready you push it.

But the main question is, why is your video soooo bad. You have a nice bright light (we can see that in the reflection at the end in the downstairs window) you have a video camera, you are geared up to go to a house at night and yet this is what you produce?

Who`s house is it? is it abandoned or is it your house or  friends?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

I think I saw this on one of the TV ghost investigation shows. I believe it was more impressive when you heard the whole story. Any amateur could easily fake that video, but did they? That is always the question. But I think today it is essentially impossible to prove ghosts with these kinds of video.

I am a believer in ghosts myself but certainly from a lot more evidence than these types of videos.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think I saw this on one of the TV ghost investigation shows. I believe it was more impressive when you heard the whole story. Any amateur could easily fake that video, but did they? That is always the question. But I think today it is essentially impossible to prove ghosts with these kinds of video.

I am a believer in ghosts myself but certainly from a lot more evidence than these types of videos.

Fake what? there are no ghosts in the video....just a flappy shutter and a bit of wind or someone inside giving it a little nudge.

What he has done is taken it at night, with a very shaky dodgy camera, giving it the "spooky" effect. but ask yourself the obvious = why was he walking towards the house when he could have got a little closer a bit faster, (still want to know how he managed to get there at the "right" time)  stood still and then taken an unshaken,  clearer video?

answer:

because he did not want us to see the shutter was so flappy to start with and that there was either:

a bit of wind about ( you can not tell how much because the video is so bad) 

or

be did not want to catch a glimpse of someones finger nudging the flappy shutter

There are no excuses for such bad camera work today, unless it is intentional.;)

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Fake what? there are no ghosts in the video....just a flappy window and a bit of wind or someone inside giving it a little nudge.

You can't possibly know what actually happened and that it wasn't paranormal despite your claimed certainty. Because something could be faked doesn't necessarily prove it was faked. There are honest people out there too and real Unexplained Mysteries. We don't know in this case and there is not enough information to form a strong opinion.

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

there is not enough information to form a strong opinion.

But there is = in the quality of the video. That is what I am basing my opinions on. That is what is awesome about UM, we can express our opinions on what is being presented......and what is being presented here IMO, is what I described above. 

Here is your strong opinion (below) on the video...not much different from mine, except I give a couple of explanations why i say it is not a ghost.

Oh, and I am not a believer in ghosts, so something pretty good would have to come up to change my "strong" opinion on that one.

34 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Edited by freetoroam

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You can't possibly know what actually happened and that it wasn't paranormal despite your claimed certainty.

I am giving my opinion in what I see in the video...and I do not see any ghosts, just a flappy shutter.......you can not possibly deny you can not see that too?

I have given you my reasons into what I believe could have happened, and I think they are pretty good ones.:P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

But there is = in the quality of the video. That is what I am basing my opinions on. That is what is awesome about UM, we can express our opinions on what is being presented......and what is being presented here IMO, is what I described above. 

Here is your strong opinion (below) on the video...not much different from mine, except I give a couple of explanations why i say it is not a ghost.

I do not think in terms of black or white in these videos where proof/disproof are impossible but in probability and don't draw a final conclusion. That is the more logical way of thinking.

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You can't possibly know what actually happened and that it wasn't paranormal despite your claimed certainty. Because something could be faked doesn't necessarily prove it was faked. There are honest people out there too and real Unexplained Mysteries. We don't know in this case and there is not enough information to form a strong opinion.

What you wrote is quite true.  However, it does go both ways.  The OP made the claim that "ghosts are all around" based on the video presented; however in your own words: "You can't possibly know what actually happened...there is not enough information to form a strong opinion".  Therefore, to make such an extraordinary claim based on shaky video of a shutter opening is quite ridiculous.  A person's first job, whether skeptic or believer, is to debunk - ruling out mundane explanations - so what is left is truly extraordinary or paranormal.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I do not think in terms of black or white in these videos where proof/disproof are impossible but in probability and don't draw a final conclusion. That is the more logical way of thinking.

In this particular video, it is only black and white "literally".

The logical way of thinking is to look at the rational possibilities....which is what I have done.

Ghosts do not come under rational and logical possibilities.

1 minute ago, Aftermath said:

What you wrote is quite true.  However, it does go both ways.  The OP made the claim that "ghosts are all around" based on the video presented; however in your own words: "You can't possibly know what actually happened...there is not enough information to form a strong opinion".  Therefore, to make such an extraordinary claim based on shaky video of a shutter opening is quite ridiculous.  A person's first job, whether skeptic or believer, is to debunk - ruling out mundane explanations - so what is left is truly extraordinary or paranormal.

I don't think the OP meant he was proving ghosts were all around from just one video. It was just meant to be a cutesy title to get attention.

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Ghosts do not come under rational and logical possibilities.

Given sufficient evidence a belief in ghosts can be 'rational'.

I don't think the OP meant he was proving ghosts were all around from just one video. It was just meant to be a cutesy title to get attention.

You can`t possibly know ... that. 

Do you mean like "click bait"? yeah,i can see that.

Going by the title, he is indicating that ghosts are all around and his video is showing that...otherwise why would he post a video of a flappy shutter? unless he was looking for a repair man...which is not mentioned in the title.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Oh I see.  So there is enough information to extrapolate the OP's intentions but not enough information to assert a strong opinion.  Fascinating...

• Like 1

Just now, freetoroam said:

You can`t possibly know ... that. 

Do you mean like "click bait"? yeah,i can see that.

Going by the title, he is indicating that ghosts are all around and his video is showing that...otherwise why would he post a video of a flappy shutter? unless he was looking for a repair man...which is not mentioned in the title.

I do wonder if the OP person just wanted to rile up the skeptics and then leave the scene snickering. If that is the case, I don't like that behavior.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I do wonder . if the OP person just wanted to rile up the skeptics and then leave the scene snickering. If that is the case, I don't like that behavior.

This is the case with lots of topics recently. 

Just now, kartikg said:

This is the case with lots of topics recently. 

Just diminishing the quality of the forum. WHY? What enjoyment do they feel, these trolls?

Just diminishing the quality of the forum. WHY? What enjoyment do they feel, these trolls?

Not all mayae trolls, some might be bots which post to get clicks on videos or for promotion of some movie books etc. I think a new member shouldn't be allowed to post immediately and the post should be moderated. As you said it diminishes the quality infact it's not even funny in this case why on earth would a ghost open a window 

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Given sufficient evidence a belief in ghosts can be 'rational'.

It has to be pretty strong evidence, to the extent that it is actually proof - I would believe if the evidence proved it to me, but I would not believe if the evidence presented is just an assertion.

Until then, a belief based on an assertion ,  does not come under the meaning of the word "rational".

Assertion:

a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason: