Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange creature in South Africa

UM-Bot

Story submission by: novaris Location: South Africa

This was back in 1986 when I was still an Air force student. My friend David Allen and I were returning to AFB Hoedspruit one summer evening. It was close to 10pm that night and we were traveling quite slow on the R36.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111776/strange-creature-in-south-africa

Well, I've got no problem believing that. Bipedalism and standing upright on hind legs are known behaviours in deer and antelope. 

Interesting account. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

They said 10pm right? Never been to Africa, but I guess it be pretty dark then? If so looks can be deceiving when it is dark. I think what they saw was a baby giraffe 

• Like 2

From the very limited description I would say a Kudu, Gemsbok or Ostrich if it's South Africa. The eye reflection is normal..

• Like 1

This was 1986 right????........if you got no answers then......why would you expect them now.....

4 hours ago, cluey said:

This was 1986 right????........if you got no answers then......why would you expect them now.....

He's reported seeing something which he thought was weird at the time, perhaps he didn't realise that temporary bipedalism is well known in deer and antelope, but if he reads the thread he will, so he will in fact get answers now. 

• Like 1

Cthulhu?

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Cthulhu?

Nah, that's the thing that's pinging at the bottom of the ocean. 

On 1/15/2017 at 2:28 AM, MissJatti said:

They said 10pm right? Never been to Africa, but I guess it be pretty dark then? If so looks can be deceiving when it is dark. I think what they saw was a baby giraffe 

It would be really funny if it turned out to be a baby giraffe. 

• Like 1

On 2017-01-20 at 9:32 AM, ChaosRose said:

It would be really funny if it turned out to be a baby giraffe. 

Dont take much to amuse you eh? Lol