Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists are planning to contact aliens

UM-Bot

On 12/28/2016 at 11:47 AM, UM-Bot said:

An organization in San Francisco is planning to send messages out to potentially habitable planets.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/302155/scientists-are-planning-to-contact-aliens

There a little behind, the aliens are already here. There right under those scientist nose and they are clueless

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff kirk said:

There a little behind, the aliens are already here. There right under those scientist nose and they are clueless

This is your belief only......I and many others have been on this site for YEARS looking at all the alien claims..... NOT ONE.....NOT EVER....of the stories/rumours of aliens has any truth to it

But if you insist, try to convince us?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jeff kirk said:

Given your obvious factual knowledge derived from your statement, why don't you educate the rest of us? Including the entire scientific community that, apparently, is under the delusion that extraterrestrial visitation is *not* happening.

I am waiting to be educated.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, badeskov said:

Given your obvious factual knowledge derived from your statement, why don't you educate the rest of us? Including the entire scientific community that, apparently, is under the delusion that extraterrestrial visitation is *not* happening.

I am waiting to be educated.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Its the only logic conclusion when somthing defies the laws of physics but like I said it could be sometype of future technology.

I read that the nations of the world are currently working together in the investigation of the UFO phenomenon. There is an international exchange of data.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff kirk said:

Its the only logic conclusion when somthing defies the laws of physics but like I said it could be sometype of future technology.

So which incidents exactly have defied the laws of physics? Please do elaborate and educate me, as the 10 years I have spent on this site in addition to the years before that have never been so gracious to present me with even one example of such with definitive evidence.

9 minutes ago, Jeff kirk said:

I read that the nations of the world are currently working together in the investigation of the UFO phenomenon. There is an international exchange of data.

So? Of course all Governments are looking at unexplained incidents, albeit not so much after the Cold War was over.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jeff kirk said:

Kindly supply the links to what you read?   Just because there are webpages with stuff about aliens or alien contact, doesnt mean its remotely true. You need to understand that.

I can find web pages/links to sites that claim fairies are real. One of my faves is about the pacific octopus that only lives in trees

Utter crap of course....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, badeskov said:

10 years I have spent on this site 

Are you sure that's time well spent? I'm starting to wonder myself but I can't keep myself from reading garbage.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Kurzweil said:

Are you sure that's time well spent? I'm starting to wonder myself but I can't keep myself from reading garbage.

Oh, it is well spent alright. Despite the garbage repeatedly posted at UM there are also astute posters, yourself included, that I truly enjoy reading posts from. So no, never has it actually come across as time wasted.

Cheers,
Badeskov 

Edited by badeskov
Missing word.
  • Like 5

On 12/28/2016 at 7:52 PM, OverSword said:

The only good xenomorph is a dead xenomorph.  Contact them with a high powered rifle.

Nuke them from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.

• Like 5

On 12/28/2016 at 9:44 PM, freetoroam said:

The way things are going on, we will not have many  generations. How about the scientists concentrate on cleaning up this planet from the pollution first

There are scientists doing that. I cannot stand these "why doesn't science do this before wasting money on that" type posts - that isn't how scientific discovery works.

• Like 3

On 12/29/2016 at 8:57 PM, spud the mackem said:

So scientists now believe that there is Alien life which they laughed at a couple of years ago.

*sigh*

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

There are scientists doing that

Well they are not a very good job, it is no use trying to find a way for us to LIVE with pollution, they should be finding ways of stopping it.

Over 28,000 people die from air pollution in the UK every year, 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/11991350/Mapped-Where-is-air-pollution-killing-the-most-people.html

Pollution may muddy landscapes, poison soils and waterways, or kill plants and animals. Humans are also regularly harmed by pollution. Long-term exposure to air pollution, for example, can lead to chronic respiratory disease, lung cancer and other diseases.

http://www.worldwildlife.org/threats/pollution

Today, pollution is occurring on a vast and unprecedented scale around the globe.

http://www.wri.org/publication/environmental-pollution

I get what you re saying about the different scientists, but my point is...are we going to be around to see any results...if there are any results?

This planet needs to come first, for the sake of our future generations and for us living today.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Well they are not a very good job, it is no use trying to find a way for us to LIVE with pollution, they should be finding ways of stopping it.

Over 28,000 people die from air pollution in the UK every year, 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/11991350/Mapped-Where-is-air-pollution-killing-the-most-people.html

Pollution may muddy landscapes, poison soils and waterways, or kill plants and animals. Humans are also regularly harmed by pollution. Long-term exposure to air pollution, for example, can lead to chronic respiratory disease, lung cancer and other diseases.

http://www.worldwildlife.org/threats/pollution

Today, pollution is occurring on a vast and unprecedented scale around the globe.

http://www.wri.org/publication/environmental-pollution

BBC news now says there is a link with fume pollution and Alzheimers

Living near a busy road may raise risk of dementia, major study into pollution finds

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/01/04/living-near-busy-road-may-raise-risk-dementia-major-study-pollution/

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Cutting pollution is the responsibility of industry and government. 

It is all the fault of evil, lazy scientists. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jsssse said:

So none of you believes we will have contact in our lifetime ?

i don't know thats pretty hard to say. I think we find habitable planets with micro life on it. but intelligent beings I don't know about that.

On ‎2‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, Jeff kirk said:

It's not their fault they can't see your imaginary friends.

• Like 4

While the effort is certainly commendable, I suspect our transmissions of radio and television have already been received, analyzed, and the resultant outcome is as expected ... stay away, humans are dangerous and will destroy anything they fear, even their own kind.

• Like 2

Their puny little signal isn't exactly going to light up an alien sky. Inverse square law dictates a signal's strength weakens to one quarter every time the distance it travels doubles. When the signal weakens to the same level as the background noise, the signal to noise ratio is 1:1. This limits the intensity a signal can be found. It does depend on what signal you are looking for. A television signal, for instance, has parts that become harder and harder to detect. Eventually, they become undetectable.

• Like 3

On 1/2/2017 at 1:49 PM, Jeff kirk said:

Idiots, After wasting their entire lives and devoting them totally to study, all the evidence practical experimentation observation and equations were just a waste of time. All along all we needed was a Creationist Internet Troll troll get the answers to everything. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, highdesert50 said:

While the effort is certainly commendable, I suspect our transmissions of radio and television have already been received, analyzed, and the resultant outcome is as expected ... stay away, humans are dangerous and will destroy anything they fear, even their own kind.

That would sadly be a big no. Our radio and TV transmissions will barely hit the boundary of our solar system before they are buried in noise. They are too "Earth centric" so to speak. I wrote a blurb about this a few years ago....

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 4

Yeah I heard the AM frequencies didn't even make it very far.(I'm no expert, I heard that : )

NICE! wow you are old (you're suppose to be laughing, yes, that was a joke : )

On 11/10/2006 at 6:27 PM, badeskov said:

These are typical ranges, but Over The Horizon (OTH) radar has operated as low as 2MHz. It all depends on what you are looking for and at, i.e. low frequency radar will penetrate clouds, but high frequency will not. High frequency radar on the other hand gives you a better resolution. Lots of issues to factor in. But where radio broadcasts are broadcast, i.e. sent out in all directions at the same time, radar waves are directional radio waves and only sent out in a small cone towards a specific point at any given time. The main difference is therefore the amount of power you can transmit.

Space is actually full of radio wave transmitters, among them is the sun, pulsars and matter circling a black hole at high speed before passing through the event horizon.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, badeskov said:

That would sadly be a big no. Our radio and TV transmissions will barely hit the boundary of our solar system before they are buried in noise. They are too "Earth centric" so to speak. I wrote a blurb about this a few years ago....

Cheers,
Badeskov

Exactly. The only reason we can even pick up the weak signals from our probes is because we know which parts of the sky to look for them. Earth's fog of radio noise is directionless, and doesn't even make it out to the heliopause in coherent form.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, badeskov said:

That would sadly be a big no. Our radio and TV transmissions will barely hit the boundary of our solar system before they are buried in noise. They are too "Earth centric" so to speak. I wrote a blurb about this a few years ago..

True that, and our biggest radio emission years are behind us.  Cable and cell phones have cut down on escaping transmission emissions immensely.  The biggest radio source in those days was the DEW line radar; US attempt to detect ICBM's coming over the pole.  USSR must have had one too.  So the whole SETI project might be looking for a phenomena that only exists in an advancing technology for about 50 years; if they advance at our speed.

Badeskov, maybe you can answer this.  I believe I read somewhere that the Arecibo dish is capable of transmitting a powerful pulse signal as well as being a receiver.   I am not sure where I read that or what it might be used for since it has limited aiming capability. I think only the detectors at the focus can be moved some.

The headline still bothers me.  Scientists can plan to send out a signal,  but planning to contact an alien civilization is hubris at this point.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

True that, and our biggest radio emission years are behind us.  Cable and cell phones have cut down on escaping transmission emissions immensely.  The biggest radio source in those days was the DEW line radar; US attempt to detect ICBM's coming over the pole.  USSR must have had one too.  So the whole SETI project might be looking for a phenomena that only exists in an advancing technology for about 50 years; if they advance at our speed.

Badeskov, maybe you can answer this.  I believe I read somewhere that the Arecibo dish is capable of transmitting a powerful pulse signal as well as being a receiver.   I am not sure where I read that or what it might be used for since it has limited aiming capability. I think only the detectors at the focus can be moved some.

The headline still bothers me.  Scientists can plan to send out a signal,  but planning to contact an alien civilization is hubris at this point.

Bade told me about it, but the BMEWS will get you about 200 light years without degradation.

• Like 1