Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaurs and Creationists

stereologist

19 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Happened a lot to me after moving to Aus. Where I grew up the bulk of religious people accept Wvolution, the Big Bang etc (basically everything you will find in science textbooks)  so I was extremely perplexed when people at my new church not only started talking about the Earth being 6000 years old, but also countered my protests on that topic with "What are you going to tell us about next? Darwin's monkey story?" 

I simply could not believe that people like that existed.

Personally I see no reason to why acceptance and interest in science should be incompatible with faith (which by its very definition deals with things outside of the scientific domain) The only problem you run into with that is not being able to take the Bible literally, which....of course it's not. It's a collection of texts, fables, poems and laws collected by a pre-modern society that didn't know yet how the world worked. And even assuming it were the one true word of God, it was written down by humans, fallable creatures, how were they not supposed to get stuff wrong. 

If more people shared your view of religion, the world would be a way better place :tu: