Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaurs and Creationists

stereologist

I am never surprised when creationists get into a hissy fit when someone points out their failures.

Apparently the Washington Post wrote an article in which it stated that the creationists have the dinosaurs dying in the biblical flood. Ham is in a war of words now because his wacko museum has dinosaurs in cages just like the other animals of the Earth.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ken-ham-noahs-ark-dinosaurs-twitter-fight_us_5869e405e4b0de3a08f8f4a5

Ham is a YEC. He has the Earth at only 6000 years old. He's one of the really odd creationists. Many have decided to make the Earth a little older to cover such things as continuous tree ring records going back over 10,000 years and varves going back 25,000 years. These are things we can count and show to a certain age without much in the way of making inferences such as radioactive decay rates.

• Like 8

In cages? Heck, he has them in saddles...

Image result for dinosaur with saddle

• Like 8

Ken Ham's premise is simple. If you can't believe this bit of the bible, then how can you believe anything else in it? 

Exactly. 

And his ego will not allow him to believe that he is not God's special chosen being. 

• Like 3

I have driven by the place. There is a sign on the interstate for the museum. I heard that they engage thought police that prevent people from having open discussions about the museum.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stereologist said:

I have driven by the place. There is a sign on the interstate for the museum. I heard that they engage thought police that prevent people from having open discussions about the museum.

They've been reported as having employment policies that exclude anybody who isn't a YEC. Including gay people. Apparently believing and promoting their myths isn't possible unless you have the desired sexual orientation. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all to know they have employees to "direct" conversation.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DaleGibson said:

Does anybody believe in such things creators and Dinosaurs stuffs.....

I believe in dinosaurs, but not in a creator. 

I also believe in stuffs, mostly, but it pays to be open minded with stuffs.  

• Like 8

13 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Just goes to show the depths of thr man's ignorance.

The saddle goes across a Triceratops' horns, not its back!

• Like 7

Jeeze...religion can affect some people to the extent that they would not look out of place in a straight jacket and padded cell.

• Like 6

On 1/2/2017 at 9:36 AM, ChaosRose said:

Apparently, there's a sign there saying don't climb. Disappointing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kartikg said:

All I can say is god will be upset with this person. 

Can I ask how you know this? I'm assuming you're a believer (correct me if I'm wrong) and I find it interesting that you/they know if god will be displeased with someone. 

(And no I'm not flame baiting)

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Can I ask how you know this? I'm assuming you're a believer (correct m, e if I'm wrong) and I find it interesting that you/they know if god will be displeased with someone. 

Maybe I didn't put it properly. I am saying if God would look at this guy he would be like what kind of people are these and shake his head in disappointment, You can look at the statement in a comical way rather than any thing serious 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Can I ask how you know this? I'm assuming you're a believer (correct me if I'm wrong) and I find it interesting that you/they know if god will be displeased with someone. 

Because he's denying the facts of God's creation.

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Because he's denying the facts of God's creation.

Which god? There's been a lot of them. Still I could never understand the creationist mindset. I mean if you wanted to break the whole earth creation story to 10 million years as a day. Then you could weave any story you'd like to confirm your beliefs.

YECs are following the lead of Bishop Ussher.  He put the creation of the universe at 4004BC by working on dates he gleaned from the Old Testament. Part of that has the great flood happening right in the middle of Ancient Egypt which managed to continue building great monuments despite being drowned like rats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher_chronology

Maybe that is another unrecognized miracle. The miracle of construction. I'll call it Constructio Deluvium.

Edited by stereologist

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Which god? There's been a lot of them. Still I could never understand the creationist mindset. I mean if you wanted to break the whole earth creation story to 10 million years as a day. Then you could weave any story you'd like to confirm your beliefs.

Nonsense man, there is only one God (mine) all the others are fairy tales! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ken Ham is a perfect warning of what religion can do to people. When you can't set an example, be a warning.

• Like 4

Stay on topic.........this is apparently about dinosaurs and creation......your thread makes not a lot of sense.............................

this is the only wakky thing i could find......

https://www.ucg.org.au/library/lifes-purpose/creation-or-evolution?gclid=CLSvqdXF09ECFRKAvQodGBUFXg

it is truly an accomplishment of ignorance* when a creationist can look at the facts presented right in front of their face and still refuse to see reason. If dinosaurs were killed off in the flood, then the fossil record would be organized, not by geological periods, but from biggest animals to smallest. The Sauropods would be found on the bottom, with the teeniest paramecium on the top. Of course the fossil record does not show this, species are organized by the geologic period in which they lived. Creationist "museums" like this, depicting man and Dinosaur as co-existing, do far more harm than good.

*As in, willfully ignoring/disregarding the facts.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:09 AM, stereologist said:

This link shows Jesus riding bareback on a dinosaur.

Jesus_Riding_a_dinosaur_Eating_The_FSM_4

Is that a gangsta sign he is doing with his right hand?

• Like 1

On 1/21/2017 at 10:29 AM, cluey said:

Stay on topic.........this is apparently about dinosaurs and creation......your thread makes not a lot of sense.............................

this is the only wakky thing i could find......

https://www.ucg.org.au/library/lifes-purpose/creation-or-evolution?gclid=CLSvqdXF09ECFRKAvQodGBUFXg

That was a wacky site. Asexual reproduction cannot mix genes as quickly as sexual reproduction.