Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Planet X will DESTORY Earth in 2017?

Jeff kirk

A guy on yahoo answers asked if the story of planet x hitting Earth was true, so I decided to see what you guys think. I never really looked much into it but heres a link.

Only God can end the earth in my opinion..

https://www.google.com/search?redir_esc=&client=ms-android-americamovil-us&hl=en-US&safe=images&oe=utf-8&q=Nibiru&source=android-browser-type&qsubts=1483438776149#scso=uid_WGt6ugAASmsKVK6Jsgihbw_0:0

Edited by Jeff kirk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Since there is no Planet X the answer would be "NO". 

cormac

Well given that Planet X is the name generally given to a suspected, but unproven, planet then it is not strictly true to say that there is no planet X, especially as there is currently believed to be at least 1 undiscovered planet in the outer solar system (although this is generally reffered to as planet 9).

The mythical planet that some claI'm is going to cause mayhem this year is generally called Nibiru... and that most certainly does not exist.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Jeff kirk said:

A guy on yahoo answers asked if the story of planet x hitting Earth was true, so I decided to see what you guys think. I never really looked much into it but heres a link.

https://www.google.com/search?redir_esc=&client=ms-android-americamovil-us&hl=en-US&safe=images&oe=utf-8&q=Nibiru&source=android-browser-type&qsubts=1483438776149#scso=uid_WGt6ugAASmsKVK6Jsgihbw_0:0

Is Planet X going to destroy the Earth in 2017?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Heck no.

Explanation: For one thing, if Planet X was going to do damage to us this year, it would already have to be so close that we could see it. And by 'we' I mean amateur astronomers. This isn't something that professional astronomers or governments can hide.

For another thing, the idea that Planet X is approaching us from "the south" and therefore can't be seen is a load of rubbish. Anyone anywhere in the southern hemisphere can see the entire southern sky at night (over the course of six months). If you don't understand how, pull out a globe of the Earth, hold it above your head and look up at the south pole: you'll be able to see the entire southern hemisphere. That means anyone in the southern hemisphere would be able to see you (that is, Planet X) approaching.

This is simply the case of a guy with a book to sell.

• Like 3

Planet X destroying the Earth is about as plausible as God destroying it. Discuss.

*puts feet up and grabs some popcorn*

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LV-426 said:

Planet X destroying the Earth is about as plausible as God destroying it. Discuss.

*puts feet up and grabs some popcorn*

*sigh*

• Like 1

Wasn't it meant to in 2003?

Basically a bat **** insane woman by the name Nancy Lieder claims aliens talk to her telling her Sitchin's Nibiru will pass earth causing all kinds of disasters.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

Wasn't it meant to in 2003?

Basically a bat **** insane woman by the name Nancy Lieder claims aliens talk to her telling her Sitchin's Nibiru will pass earth causing all kinds of disasters.

I remember reading posts on the Bad Astronomy forum at that time from a woman who seemed genuinely scared of what Lieder was saying. Now, 14 years later we have people rehashing the same old rubbish, and people are apparently scared all over again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeff kirk said:

Only God can end the earth in my opinion.

That is an opinion based on religion, a theory created by man - on Earth..and has no relevance to what we do know about the Universe. 

We know a meteorite could end mans time on this planet,  like it did with dinosaurs...but it does not mean it would mean the end of Earth or a future life on it.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Well given that Planet X is the name generally given to a suspected, but unproven, planet then it is not strictly true to say that there is no planet X, especially as there is currently believed to be at least 1 undiscovered planet in the outer solar system (although this is generally reffered to as planet 9).

The mythical planet that some claI'm is going to cause mayhem this year is generally called Nibiru... and that most certainly does not exist.

Yet given that 1) "Planet X" is a non-specific name given to a possible unknown planet that might exist in our solar system and 2) I'm well aware of the fact that Nibiru is a misapplication of what is only used once in Sumerian texts for the name of a planet, which BTW refers to Jupiter, and in all other cases refers to the ancient city of Nippur in Iraq I believe I'm well within bounds to say that Planet X in the context of Sitchins (or anyone elses) made up celestial body does not exist.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt

Does anyone know where I can buy a tinfoil hat, these people who forecast doom and gloom are one brick short of a wall .

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Does anyone know where I can buy a tinfoil hat, these people who forecast doom and gloom are one brick short of a wall .

These stories seem to be getting weirder by the year, here, have this one, lets see Planet X destroy this:

d8ae124deae838f48ca1a46b22bea74d.jpg 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's January and already we get a 'end of the world' thread.

Yeah but this one is going to happen this year. :wacko:

and next January, we will have another `end of the world` thread. :tu:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sometimes I really want one of the scenarios to occur. Just so it would shut these doomsayers up.

I wonder if it could be selective?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I choose death by necromorph.

slasher or feeder?

I am just etching out your epitaph.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

slasher or feeder?

I am just etching out your epitaph.

Better make it an infector. Close enough to a head crap as I'll get. lol

• Like 1

Judging by the absolute, 100% failure rate of people claiming Earth will be hit by non-existent, invisible, gravity-defying rogue planets, I'd say this is bull****.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 4

Well, if nothing else gets around to destroying the earth first... the sun expanding into a red giant will do the job.

20 hours ago, Jeff kirk said:

Well, we know from His word that earth will be devastated by "falling stars".  The destruction is described to enormous and it sounds very much like a massive meteor strike.  It doesn't "end" the earth, though.  

16 hours ago, Peter B said:

I remember reading posts on the Bad Astronomy forum at that time from a woman who seemed genuinely scared of what Lieder was saying. Now, 14 years later we have people rehashing the same old rubbish, and people are apparently scared all over again.

I was unfortunately one of those people.