Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man's front door bricked up as he sleeps

seeder

Man's front door bricked up as he sleeps

A man in central Germany tried to leave his house by the front door only to find a brick wall there.

Unidentified perpetrators in Mainhausen near Offenbach had bricked it up during the night, police told local media.

It could have been built within minutes, they said, and the motive is unclear - possibly a joke, an act of revenge, or a bet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38502720

Edited by Still Waters
Quote trimmed. No need to copy full article however short it is.
  • Like 4

Score, that guy just earned himself a pile of free bricks.

That is just like winning the brick lottery.

Oh yeah, and in before rouge Free Mason conspiracy theorists proclaiming they are trying to take over our door jams. 

• Like 1

Well that was a stupid thing to do. What if the guy needed to get out in a hurry, life a fire or something, his front door might have been his only way of escape.

1 hour ago, seeder said:

possibly a joke, an act of revenge, or a bet.

They should have added dangerous to that statement.

• Like 5

yes I agree it was a bit thoughtless....

and how weird to open your door and see a wall of bricks!!

• Like 3

Pranks used to be less intrusive and thoughtfully creative ... I remember back in Art School there was this beauty who drove a mini cooper and everyday eight of us would lift it up and turn it facing the other way she parked ... it was the highlight of the day seeing her expression everyday when classes were over, by the fourth or fifth time she just ignored it and there was no fun in it anymore ...

Still cracks me up every time I think of it now though ...

~

• Like 6

Reminds me of the short story The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe. A man is tricked into following his murderer to the far reaches of an underground wine cellar, chained to a wall in a kind of alcove and the murderer then bricks up the entrance, leaving the poor guy to starve to death. Great story, one of my favorites by Poe.

• Like 1

Takes a bit of work to brick up a door ,pranksters could have saved themselves a pallet of bricks and half a bag of cement if they had just filled the lock with superglue

I remember when my father had his 40 birthday and I was going to school in the morning someone had placed a 40 feet container in front of our door.
It was my fathers friends how had been there in the middle of the night and delivered it.

Awesome prank in my opinion.

• Like 3

It could have been built within minutes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38502720

jeeze, with cement too? get that mans number! 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:01 AM, seeder said:

yes I agree it was a bit thoughtless....

and how weird to open your door and see a wall of bricks!!

It's like something out of a comedy show or horror movie.  Take your pick!  If the person(s) who did this are caught they need to ne bricked into a prison cell for awhile.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 5:00 AM, South Alabam said:

What strikes me as odd is how they cleaned the excess of the mortar from the inside. They either had access to the inside, or something. I just find that odd. http://www.onenewspage.co.uk/n/Front+Page/75e217bv7/Man-front-door-bricked-up-as-he.htm

You're right. Looks too perfect. It's fake. Photoshopped.

• Like 1