Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chilean Navy releases unseen UFO footage

UM-Bot

Given that this was shot with a thermal camera, i'd assume the explanation would be that these are more prone to glitches and anomalies than regular cameras.

Cool post. My first impression was it looked like this in the first few seconds: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_Vertol_CH-46_Sea_Knight

I can't account for the fact that they say they couldn't reach it on radio or that the ground crew didn't see it on radar though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

I've seen it before. Didn't show on radar is what makes it interesting.

That's what makes me believe it was an equipment malfunction of some sort

Yeah, whatever it is appears to be moving slowly, and stable, like a helicopter.

I agree with others that it somewhat resembles a Chinook.

The lack of ground radar tracking seems very odd, as other's here have also said.

The ejected plume of whatever substances, clearly revealed in IR imaging, is also odd.

The plume is exhausted backwards of forward motion, consistent with the location of a Chinook cargo release location. Not saying it IS a Chinook, just that it's consistent for that aircraft.

My first thoughts are obvious (to me)... Cloud seeding for rain production, which is not all that uncommon around the world, and a Chinook-style helo would be ideal for multi-ton dispersal of necessary chems.

But that doesn't explain the lack of radar pickup and radio communications.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

My thoughts:

-US government has some military bases in southamerica. Probably not declared or official but I'm pretty sure they have some bases in southamerica.
-US government has naval ships around the pacific, probably just ouside chilean sea.
-That's an helicopter, probably like it was said before a Sea Knight.
-I believe some aircrafts are capable of not appear at all in ground radars?
-I believe some aircrafts are capable to drop "distraction" objects/liquids/gas/flares in case of being detected?
-Only 10 minutes of video? They said that the object didn't appear anymore. I believe after the second "liquid-drop" the helicopter moved way down in order to be not detected by the chilean helicopter, I mean the object is still there but just out of sight so they cut the video?

But, Cloud seeding sounds more plausible.

Edited by MrBene
Cloud seeding.
  • Like 1

Ive seen similar in the forces, its an old thermal grayscale flicked to negative, and the object is a helicopter, the large black shape is exhaust heat plumes from the chopper changing direction and being under load.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Lucas Cooper Merrin said:

Ive seen similar in the forces, its an old thermal grayscale flicked to negative, and the object is a helicopter, the large black shape is exhaust heat plumes from the chopper changing direction and being under load.

Exhaust heat plumes dont get swirled by the rotors?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lucas Cooper Merrin said:

So Chilean military personal, a helicopter crew themselves, cannot recognize another helicopter let alone a chinook? Ive been around chinooks and vertols for 20yrs and find it hard to distinguish in video..there is an explanation just not sure if its a chopper or not..but hey anything is possible

no its not aliens:P

• Like 4

Man is it just me or is there some racism in this thread? I mean these videos were taken and analyzed by military professionals yet the analysis from our members thus far seems to be that they just dont know how their equipment works or what conventional aircraft look like. 

Im not trying to be a SJW here but I have to think if it were Americans with the same credentials the analysis might be different. Am i wrong? 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Man is it just me or is there some racism in this thread? I mean these videos were taken and analyzed by military professionals yet the analysis from our members thus far seems to be that they just dont know how their equipment works or what conventional aircraft look like. 

Im not trying to be a SJW here but I have to think if it were Americans with the same credentials the analysis might be different. Am i wrong? 

It would be swamp gas, if this were an American video.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, toast said:

Exhaust heat plumes dont get swirled by the rotors?

If the chopper is hovering or moving slowly there arnt huge amounts of exhaust plumes, and what little there is gets disapated by the rotors but when the chopper is under load and at speed, they tend to be left as a trail, just as in the negative greyscale

7 hours ago, khol said:

So Chilean military personal, a helicopter crew themselves, cannot recognize another helicopter let alone a chinook? Ive been around chinooks and vertols for 20yrs and find it hard to distinguish in video..there is an explanation just not sure if its a chopper or not..but hey anything is possible

The greyscale thermal that is being used is very old fashioned, thats 20+ year old technology for a military, and the Chilean forces arnt well known for being particularly well trained in anything, for a professional team of Chilean military personel to even mention the word "UFO" says it all really

• Like 1

I also dont understand why an unresponsive unknown aerial vehicle in sovereign airspace wouldn't warrant an interceptor scramble!

The fact that it was unresponsive may suggest a UAV, MQ-8 scout or similar. 

Edited by Lucas Cooper Merrin
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, khol said:

Yeah, my gut tells me we're not getting the complete story here, or at least an edited version of it. Some literary licence may have been taken.

Edited by Calibeliever
  • Like 2

A closer look at 45 seconds on video or so it does looks like rotors are visible?..what is odd is the crew couldn't decipher this if this is the case...it does seem something is missing from story

Edited by khol
  • Like 2

These EBANI type sightings usually turn out to be something stupid like a cluster of balloons that someone superstitious believes is a living entity or a UFO. I would hope for better from the military...any military...but they're also human.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1