Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has anyone been to space??

MissBliss

Just now, Mr Walker said:

What gaming has done, especially ones like WOW online  is to create the sort of realms i inhabited in my dreams as a child /adolescent back in the middle of last century,  and enabled me to interact with other real peole via avatars in such realms As a fifty/sixty year old i was amazed how closely  wow online resembled the realms i created and lived in, from the age of 4 or five until i was an adult. It also brought to life a world which closely resembled the worlds i created and inhabited via the original dungeons and dragons role playing games in the eighties,  and as i mentioned in another post i was able to use dreams from childhood and adolescence to create and populate a whole continent and inhabit it to build a long and detailed campaign of many modules. 

I know how you feel. I've see several movies where Im pretty sure I know exactly how they came up with the idea.

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Wow that's awesome. I really wish I had learned all about this as a child. Who knows what adventures the night may have brought by now if I had? I still have such a long way to go. One good thing about that is its taught me patience.

I was incredibly lucky. I began  flying in dreams when i was only a few years old and i became aware i was dreaming at about the same time, so i began consciously projecting my mind out of my body in my dreams well before i began going to school.  This allowed me a long time in childhood to develop and practice the skills required. This was just as well ,because back then, no one had even heard of controlled lucid dreaming and there certainly weren't any "how to" books on it (and the internet wasn't even a twinkle in someones eye in the fifites). I believe this occurred because we were required to go to bed early but allowed to read until we fell asleep The combination of these two things enabled a sleep pattern conducive to lucid dreaming of long, light, intermittent sleep combined wit periods of partial wakefulness  and also provided subconscious material for my dreams as the stories in my books morphed into stories in my dreams. I would run serial  dream stories over a number of nights, allowing a plot to continue over successive nights. 

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

I was incredibly lucky. I began  flying in dreams when i was only a few years old and i became aware i was dreaming at about the same time, so i began consciously projecting my mind out of my body in my dreams well before i began going to school.  This allowed me a long time in childhood to develop and practice the skills required. This was just as well ,because back then, no one had even heard of controlled lucid dreaming and there certainly weren't any "how to" books on it (and the internet wasn't even a twinkle in someones eye in the fifites). I believe this occurred because we were required to go to bed early but allowed to read until we fell asleep The combination of these two things enabled a sleep pattern conducive to lucid dreaming of long, light, intermittent sleep combined wit periods of partial wakefulness  and also provided subconscious material for my dreams as the stories in my books morphed into stories in my dreams. I would run serial  dream stories over a number of nights, allowing a plot to continue over successive nights. 

I remember reading about some of your experiences here years ago. Its in part why I was able to open that door. Why I got close with White Crane. Without reading those stories, I would have laughed at the idea. To me, people who are as intelligent as yourselves, wouldn't spend so much time talking about a certain subject if it wasn't real. At least on some level. Then after 6 months with no results I cursed you guys, and thought I was being played as a fool lol. Then one night about a year later it just happened. Lucky for me I had read a lot about it, cause I knew right away what to do when that vibration came.

Its changed my perspective in so many ways. Changed my life really.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2017 at 8:22 PM, Frank Merton said:

Well yes, the fact that you survived shows it wasn't real.  Those who claim reality have a survival problem.

Why? Only your consciousness is projected through space, and into other worlds. You are quite aware that you cant be hurt in this form, but that also you cant influence the environment around you . You KNOW your body is safe back in bed, waiting for your mind/consciousness to return to it.  

When i first started projecting i was very wary of running into power lines in the dark  but as i practised, i realised that i could not interact with physical things in the world  and even learned to perch on powerlines to regain energy.  When VERY young, and just learning how to travel outside my house,  i would sit "myself" on a fragile TV antenna 50 feet  above our house, resting, as   I surveyed all the houses around me.   .

Somehow in my subconscious, however, a few things influenced my abilty to project. Altitude required greater energy/concentration  to achieve than flight up to  about 50 feet above ground level, and sometimes when i was using a sort of electrical discharge/connection to the earth, to fly,  water would short out the charge and force me to glide over lakes and rivers. 

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

I remember reading about some of your experiences here years ago. Its in part why I was able to open that door. Why I got close with White Crane. Without reading those stories, I would have laughed at the idea. To me, people who are as intelligent as yourselves, wouldn't spend so much time talking about a certain subject if it wasn't real. At least on some level. Then after 6 months with no results I cursed you guys, and thought I was being played as a fool lol. Then one night about a year later it just happened. Lucky for me I had read a lot about it, cause I knew right away what to do when that vibration came.

Its changed my perspective in so many ways. Changed my life really.

Which i think answers the  poster who challenged, 'Then prove its real and change the world"  I changed your world, but you had to prove the truth for yourself.

Controlled lucid dreaming is now a  well known and practised phenomenon  And by its self,  where it includes the abilty to send your mind anywhere it is immense fun . Actually being able to use this to explore the real world is more problematic but can potentially be proven through results and knowldge gained.

I am really glad you are making progress. it is one of the most enjoyable abilities i possess just to be able to dream what you want to dream  and to fly anywhere around the world or the galaxy (even if it should only be in my imagination) It is fantastic  to always know you are dreaming and so never to have to fear a dream and to be able to take control of a dream and shape it into any experience you  feel like having.   

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Herr Falukorv said:

I used to have wonderful dreams when I was younger then I took a arrow to the knee.

wow. Literally or metaphorically? How and why do you think this affected your subconscious, and thus the nature of your dreams?  Might it even be a result of altered metabolic state /sleep patterns, caused by painkillers or trauma? 

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Which i think answers the  poster who challenged, 'Then prove its real and change the world"  I changed your world, but you had to prove the truth for yourself.

Controlled lucid dreaming is now a  well known and practised phenomenon  And by its self,  where it includes the abilty to send your mind anywhere it is immense fun . Actually being able to use this to explore the real world is more problematic but can potentially be proven through results and knowldge gained.

I am really glad you are making progress. it is one of the most enjoyable abilities i possess just to be able to dream what you want to dream  and to fly anywhere around the world or the galaxy (even if it should only be in my imagination) It is fantastic  to always know you are dreaming and so never to have to fear a dream and to be able to take control of a dream and shape it into any experience you  feel like having.   

Exactly. I get wrapped up in a lot of conversations here with skeptics. What I cant get them to understand is that real or imagination, it doesn't matter to me. Now I love exploring the possibility that it could be real, but for me its all about having experiences that feel as real as any experience, that I could have never had before. I often ask if they themselves have had the experience, and they act as though that doesn't matter in the slightest. Not knowing the whole time, the experience is what brings the real search for truth. Brings a love for the search for truth.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

in the eighties,

In the 80`s OH BOY !

Yeah I've a lot of catching up to do in the gaming world(s).  One thing I don't like, thisd Diolblo 2 thing takes massive time away, LIKE A TIME WARP, oh no 4a in the morning YIKES !   Like when I'm trying to get out of there YOU KNOW END for a bit, there's always something else to quickly get done, actaully several HA! like life !!!!!

2 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

In the 80`s OH BOY !

Yeah I've a lot of catching up to do in the gaming world(s).  One thing I don't like, thisd Diolblo 2 thing takes massive time away, LIKE A TIME WARP, oh no 4a in the morning YIKES !   Like when I'm trying to get out of there YOU KNOW END for a bit, there's always something else to quickly get done, actaully several HA! like life !!!!!

Yea diablo is one of the most immersive games available.  I've played the whole non online series through many times and had a go at the online version. When i was playing wow online  i would often play right through the night  ( because that didn't take time away from my wife or other responsibilities)  Currently I'm nearing the end of skyrim  (the fifth game in the elder scroll series) I love the constructed scenarios, landscape, characters,  and multiple possible narrative options

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Exactly. I get wrapped up in a lot of conversations here with skeptics. What I cant get them to understand is that real or imagination, it doesn't matter to me. Now I love exploring the possibility that it could be real, but for me its all about having experiences that feel as real as any experience, that I could have never had before. I often ask if they themselves have had the experience, and they act as though that doesn't matter in the slightest. Not knowing the whole time, the experience is what brings the real search for truth. Brings a love for the search for truth.  

exactimo :)  In the mind, and in memory, every experience is identical, and you are constructing memories of experiences which will be enjoyable to you for your whole life, just a s if you were taking a real trip around the world and remembering it 40 years later.

Not many people have sat on top of the great pyramid and watched the sun rise, or flown through the Zambezi falls, or lain on the grass with their  back against a rock wall and felt the warmth seep through their shirt as they look out from machu picchu on a cool clear day.   Even fewer have flown through the planetary belts or overflown the geysers on planetary moons .

50 plus years later i still remember those experiences as vividly as skiing the Australian alps on icy snow just after dawn  or skiing barefoot the glassy waters around my home town, or hanging ten on a long board in the  relatively gentle surf of Eyre peninsula's coast line 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Hmm this willl have to be a quicky with regards to Walker's latest comm.:

16 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:
2 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

In the 80`s OH BOY !

Yea diablo is one of the most immersive games available.  I've played the whole non online series through many times and had a go at the online version. When i was playing wow online  i would often play right through the night  ( because that didn't take time away from my wife or other responsibilities)  Currently I'm nearing the end of skyrim  (the fifth game in the elder scroll series) I love the constructed scenarios, landscape characters  and multiple possible narrative options

grr I keep spelling it wrong okay D I A B L O  II.... as in blows okay ABLO , think I have it now ... and now on to addressing .... whole series, sheeze I haven't even really started much of it yet, good to know there's a lot more or addons for it.
PLay through the night, HA! yeah once for me but never again, too groggy MESSED UP my next couple of days heiger clock or ? what do they call that internal clock, database running full tilt, I'll have it ina AAAH circadium / circadian rhythm/rhythme darn friendcheese I think yeah I think that the name of it that gets all out of wack!/wacked.  HOLY ! I've only heard of that ... skyrim, I doubt I could even play it, took me forever to learn shortcut keys and setting up my F2 , F 3 function keys for quick tools etc.  Alrighty , that's about as quick as a quicky gets for me anywayzzzz, thanks for getting back to me have to fly LATERZZZZZZZZZ

Edited by MWoo7

On 1/13/2017 at 8:46 AM, Emma_Acid said:

And I'd like to point out the use of the word "teleport". It sounds to me that the OP thinks she actually lives on an "earth-like" planet by Pluto (which is actually impossible).

Planet X

On 1/19/2017 at 6:26 AM, Steve Viah said:

Planet X

An "earth like planet" neat Pluto is impossible.

• Like 4

On 1/9/2017 at 9:32 PM, MissBliss said:

When I lucid dream, I have the ability to teleport. I've even been to space and experienced traveling to other planets. Apparently, when I dream, it's the life of my parallel self in a parallel universe, and I come from an earth-like planet somewhere near Pluto. This is rare, but it does happen. Does anyone else ever have dreams that take them to space??

Another thing I want to mention, is how I teleport in my lucid dreams. I usually stay here on Earth, however, I don't start lucid dreaming until I end up at a specific focal point. It's always on my grandparents property, which is the property I grew up on, since birth in 1984. ;-) It can be anywhere in the backyard, inside their house, the woods in the very back and across the street. If I can get to this point, then I know I'm lucid and I'm suddenly able to teleport. I can travel to California, Boston, China, Israel, India, Mexico, etc... Often I speak their native tongue and can blend into the crowd. And then of course, I teleport to other planets and dimensions. I'll experience ancient civilization and I'll meet extraordinary people. But I'm only able to do this, once I end up at the focal point, which is on my grandparents property -- then it's like super mario pipes taking me to other worlds. But I feel like something (in my waking life) needs me to go to their property and there's something there for me. My ancestors are there (in my dreams), it keeps me safe, and I feel my spirit will linger among my ancestors, in those woods-- once I die... And for some reason, I have dreams about Nikolai Tesla, constantly. I know stuff about him that I learned in my dreams, and for some reason I'm falling in love with him. I don't know why... but these are the dreams I constantly experience. I think it's interesting that I have such a specific way I go lucid. I know I'm lucid once I take myself to my grandparents property, and then after that, anything goes. ;-) 

Hello Ms Bliss , if you return I have some info on this 'focal point'   thing .    I won't post it otherwise, as in many cases, some people make 1 post and never respond , meanwhile the thread fills up with with other people's stories. So I will wait until I see if you are responsive . 

On 1/13/2017 at 8:46 AM, Emma_Acid said:

And I'd like to point out the use of the word "teleport". It sounds to me that the OP thinks she actually lives on an "earth-like" planet by Pluto (which is actually impossible).

Planet X....neat Pluto....Pluto is kind of neat....I don't really think it's that neat though...it's just ok

On 2017-01-20 at 4:59 PM, Emma_Acid said:

An "earth like planet" neat Pluto is impossible.

Good point. I was just thinking about pointing out the same thing ... at least it is impossible unless the parallel universe the thread starter claims to be in has a sun that has an extreme size, making the area around Pluto habitable, but I'm not sure if such a big star would be possible, it would be truly gigantic.

Edited by fred_mc

• 3 months later...

Dreamt I was on a Martian looking planet, red and dry. We had to travel in between caves because that's where oxygen was being trapped, so staying in the open was dangerous.