Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Catching fish with a bow and arrow

seeder

Trouta this world! Amazing moment man shoots a fish with a bow and arrow from more than 50ft away

Man was fishing at the Denison dam in Oklahoma when he made the shot
    An incredible video shows him pull back the string on his bow and then release
    Arrow flew more than 50ft through air before piercing a fish through its body

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4102638/Trouta-world-Amazing-moment-man-shoots-fish-bow-arrow-50ft-away.html#ixzz4VHtXx0zu

• Like 2

When I was young, I was out fishing and saw this boat come past , flat bottom aluminium boat and a guy standing at the front looking over the flat front bow  with bow and arrow,  he was drifting over the shallow sand flats, occasionally he would fire an arrow into the sand and leave it there with the end just above the surface, silently and smoothly draw another and fire that, and just continue drifting quietly along. At the end of the bar he rowed back and pulled the arrows out the sand . each one had pinned a large flat head to the bottom, he had about 5 nice sized ones . 

Good eating  fish too ! 

Image result for flathead fish

• Like 3

Seems better than pulling them thrashing through the water with a barbed hook through their mouth.

• Like 1

Bow-fishing for rough non-game fish species such as gar and carp is extremely common in most of the southern part of the US. I don't especially approve but then I like to fish for these same rough fish. The problem for me is that in most cases all they do is kill the fish. Often this is done in mass and there is no effort to use the dead fish in any way. They have put a big dent in it in Texas by putting a one fish per day limit on Gar fish. Eventually they will probably do the same for the carp once enough people start to fish for them. At this time carp are mostly seen as an invasive trash species that damages the fishery for other more sought after species. 

The accuracy of archery is quite simple really......great hand eye co-ordination is rather easy.......know if your bow or arrows  are straight or not.....then compensate for the wind factor and movement........it's actually quite easy....