Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College Football 2017

BrooklynGuy

BG, a big thanks to you for starting this thread, may the force be with us!  :tsu:

• Like 5

On 1/10/2017 at 7:51 AM, BrooklynGuy said:

Okay Guys the new season begins. This will be Notre Dame's Year :gun:

Alabama, Florida State lead Way-Too-Early 2017 Top 25

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18395211/alabama-crimson-tide-florida-state-seminoles-headline-way-too-early-top-25-2017

Don't know why BAMA is so highly ranked. Not sure our defense will be able to carry the team next year. Hopefully Hurts will work on his passing this off season. 

But this does set up the BAMA-FSU game next year nicely. Me thinks ESPN is going to hype this game all off season.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Bama13 said:

Don't know why BAMA is so highly ranked. Not sure our defense will be able to carry the team next year. Hopefully Hurts will work on his passing this off season. 

But this does set up the BAMA-FSU game next year nicely. Me thinks ESPN is going to hype this game all off season.

Don't worry Bama,lil bro will teach those trophy stealing meanies a lesson in game 2 of next season! ;) :lol:

In other news Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee takes a late night deal to become OC at...UCONN! :huh:

Dude took a almost half paycheck cut from making 600k to 350k to coach at a nothing school with a badass O returning next season at AU...

Something about that doesn't make sense...Either he wanted outta Gus's shadow to do his own thing or Gus already had someone lined up to take his place...Art Briles anyone :D probably not but one can dream lol.

But i feel bad for Stidham now as Lashlee was one of the main reasons he signed,with Kendall already at FAU if it isn't Art then Stidham should be allowed out if he chooses!

It's not right players get locked into a committment and their primary recruiters can either leave or be ran off with no repercussions...

But this needed to happen as that O has went stale for long stretches 2 years in a row,hope we get a good one!

Bama you guys ain't going anywhere...I've dreamed of Bama dropping to atleast a sub 10 win season since that '09 Natty lol and i got tired of waiting :lol:

eta

Have you seen the insane recruiting class Bama isn't even done hauling in yet?You will get no pitty from me sir!!!

Bama will stomp FSU...Cook is off to the NFL and their O line takes sacks like a cheap hooker hahaha

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 3

Just realized that when your team wins football is very important but if your team loses it is just a game played by kids. ;)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bama13 said:

Just realized that when your team wins football is very important but if your team loses it is just a game played by kids. ;)

Well that's a tissue paper thin cop-out...

ZZ,Brooklyn,Sakari,Myles...grab the restraining chair it's time to give Bama his medicine :lol:

Honestly man what did you think about two of those Clemson td's?

We may need to get more clarity from the refs in the future of what a "pick penalty" actually is...

Because both sure looked like it!I could see how the last one was decided against calling as Bama's db ran into the guy but still...Seems more like a foul refs can just call at their leisure than by an actual rule!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

ZZ,Brooklyn,Sakari,Myles...grab the restraining chair it's time to give Bama his medicine :lol:

We may need to get more clarity from the refs in the future of what a "pick penalty" actually is...

Because both sure looked like it!I could see how the last one was decided against calling as Bama's db ran into the guy but still...Seems more like a foul refs can just call at their leisure than by an actual rule!

I got you CK let him have it. :lol:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I got you CK let him have it. :lol:

:lol:

Even "The greatest team in history" can't win 'em all.

I won't rub it in.

:whistle:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

I won't rub it in.

:whistle:

I will... :D

"Clemson is the CHAMPIONS my friends..."

Yuck...they could have let ANYONE else besides Clemson win a natty and i wouldn't have been disgusted lol

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yuck...they could have let ANYONE else besides Clemson win a natty and i wouldn't have been disgusted lol

Normally I wouldn't pile on.

The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Mighty Casey struck out.

David and Goliath.

The bullies get bullied.

I'm out of cliches' at the moment. :sleepy:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Normally I wouldn't pile on.

The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Mighty Casey struck out.

David and Goliath.

The bullies get bullied.

I'm out of cliches' at the moment. :sleepy:

As you said,can't win them all...

I just think Saban finally out thought himself this season!

He has spent the past several seasons figuring out how to shut down the HUNH offense and running qb's and on his own O completely committed to it this season himself...and in the 2nd half of the season it started showing flaws.

Hurts is a good athlete but after 2 straight seasons of benchwarmer qb's turning bama wr's into superstars this seasons O put up numbers but i kept watching and waiting on OJ Howard and those wr's to explode as the running qb allowes the O to take the top off a D...

At about the 7th or 8th game that seemed to vanish as Hurts started looking ordinary and Saban tried going back to power football.

It was almost like a identity crisis on that side of the ball lol,i can see Sark taking them back to full on pro style as that IS who bama is.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I thought they were both picks, the 1st one was blatant.:angry: But I didn't have a say in the matter. It is what it is.

My medicine? Because my team actually reached the finals? Sure you want to go there? I think I have more ammo than anyone else here.;)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

As you said,can't win them all...

I just think Saban finally out thought himself this season!

He has spent the past several seasons figuring out how to shut down the HUNH offense and running qb's and on his own O completely committed to it this season himself...and in the 2nd half of the season it started showing flaws.

Hurts is a good athlete but after 2 straight seasons of benchwarmer qb's turning bama wr's into superstars this seasons O put up numbers but i kept watching and waiting on OJ Howard and those wr's to explode as the running qb allowes the O to take the top off a D...

At about the 7th or 8th game that seemed to vanish as Hurts started looking ordinary and Saban tried going back to power football.

It was almost like a identity crisis on that side of the ball lol,i can see Sark taking them back to full on pro style as that IS who bama is.

I think we would have been alright if Bo hadn't broke his leg. 

Interested to see how Clemson does next year without Watson, Williams, Gallman, etc. Do the reload or rebuild?

Edited by Bama13
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

I thought they were both picks, the 1st one was blatant.:angry: But I didn't have a say in the matter. It is what it is.

My medicine? Because my team actually reached the finals? Sure you want to go there? I think I have more ammo than anyone else here.;)

I got nuthin'.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Indeed they are. But my TIDE have been CHAMPIONS 11 times. Still great to be a BAMA fan!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I got nuthin'.

Hey man, what do you think of Denver's new coach?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

I think we would have been alright if Bo hadn't broke his leg. 

Interested to see how Clemson does next year with Watson, Williams, Gallman, etc. Do the reload or rebuild?

Same here,as i said bama went back to their roots but as soon as Bo went out it was Hurts running around like a blind man until he took off.

He's only a true freshman but man that complete lost look on short throws looks eerily familiar...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Hey man, what do you think of Denver's new coach?

I would have liked to see Shanahan myself.

Oh well, let's give him a chance.

The sun IS strong down there in Miami.

• Like 3

@Sakari

Well man one concern should be alleviated for Oregon fans,Taggart is putting together a staff of high level recruiters...Add that to the DC upgrade and Oregon may have put together the best coaching staff of all the new head coaches!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

@Sakari

Well man one concern should be alleviated for Oregon fans,Taggart is putting together a staff of high level recruiters...Add that to the DC upgrade and Oregon may have put together the best coaching staff of all the new head coaches!

good things to come i hope

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

To show how clueless I am, I thought we were talking about the BMW's that are being made in Mexico. :unsure:

(Too soon?)

• Like 4

They put Frank Beamer in the Headline and not Gene Smith The Athletic Director of Ohio State is also a member of the committee now.

1 hour ago, .ZZ. said:

To show how clueless I am, I thought we were talking about the BMW's that are being made in Mexico. :unsure:

(Too soon?)

It's been a long season ZZ I don't blame you :lol:

• Like 3