Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
JuJuGiGi

My Life and something new

8 posts in this topic

My Mother's side of the family is Scandanavian & there are lots of us who "know" things, "see" people, stuff like that. There's a few on my Dad's side, but it's not acknowledged.It's quite strong in my Grandmother, Mother & Me. I don't know if it goes any higher or who. After we moved into the house my Mother still lives in the same house going on 40 years, Items would disappear, all the doors would be open, everyone would be downstairs & you could audibly hear someone walking down the hall, hitting all the creeks in the floor, move dishes in the dishrack like they are settling. What or Who ever was in my Mom's house seemed to be more fond of me, I called him Harold just to give him a name my, bro & sis don't speak of it. Items dissappear & a few days later be where you have looked 15 times, out in the open, not covered up. When I moved I thought Harold came with me, my Mother said the house was "quiet" for months. My Gmother & her youngest Sis out of 10 where the last 2. The youngest Sis had her Grandson who died tragically very young. Youngest Sister died and went to my Gmother now my Gmother is living at my Mom's now.  Things have always been a little more active with me all my life, never a dull moment, (Butterflies are attracted to my Mother, they land on her shoulder ALL the time. Since we (Hubs and I, and two cats) 4 something years ago. I felt a female presence and named her Polly. Now let me say this first. Logan is our Black male rescue, he likes to through things away....take his paw like a hockey stick and will just *bink* knock your watch into the trash  GOAL!!!   OK Getting back, Polly hides my stuff all the time, I've never seen her (I've seen 3 other People & knew when my Grandfather died when I was 2500 miles away)  I will ask Polly politely to return...I'll name a few things. One or two will show up or something I didn't even ask for. Lately I've felt a male presence, He seems to mess or take more manly things, like my tools, scissors, glasses, pocket knives.  I can't remember his name right now. Neither is mean, seem more 10-12 years old...

The newest thing, I woke up to see my black cat walk from the bathroom door to the tub. I stared right at it. I got up looked alll around, Logan was nowhere. I sleep in a separate bedroom that is supposed to be cat free cause I'm VERY allergic to them, After not finding him in the bathroom or bedroom (Jack n Jill BR) I found both cats asleep in the living room,  I didn't freak out,  it was just like "OH"   Hubs works 3rd shift and I told him about it and he immidiately said ShadowAnimal.     I'm permanently disable and when I hurt more than usual Logan will try to lay all around me, I just take more medicine and go through the tissue, So, What now?????

My mother's side of the family is Scandinavian as well, but does not in any way believe in the supernatural. Houses make noise all the time; wind drafts open and close doors; carbon monoxide, mold and electrical issues cause hallucinations. So do dreams. It's not unusual for items to disappear as we have a propensity to misplace them and forget the sequence of events. And there's no accounting for animal behavior. Birds regularly land on me; butterflies fly through my open windows for a visit; cats and dogs follow me everywhere. Maybe they're hungry. Maybe they're curious. Who knows. But it's not supernatural. None of it is.

There is a logical explanation for just about everything. To personify events, and even attribute human names to them, simply perpetuates beliefs that no longer consider the logical. Logan's probably responsible for most of the missing items, but he also sounds like a sweetheart. It's not unusual for dogs to know when their owners are ill or in pain, and they will do whatever they can to provide comfort. As for the shadow animal, there's no such thing. it was most likely a hypnagogic hallucination.

As for your question "What now?" I would suggest ridding your mind of all things supernatural. Do not invent 'ghosts' and give them names. The more you do this, the more they will become ingrained in your imagination, and worse yet, in your life. They do not exist. They are not real. Always look for the logical explanation first and foremost. If sensations of a presence continue, I would recommend that you have your home examined for any electrical, mold and other possible problems. It is not unheard of for a family to think their home is haunted only to discover that they were all hallucinating due to a carbon monoxide leak. It's important that the environment in which you live in is safe and problem free.

I'm sorry for all the medicines and tissues you go through. and wish you all the best.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, JuJuGiGi said:

So, What now?????

I would say just go on living the best life you can. These strange events do not seem malicious or a cause for concern. Some people are just closer to the spirit world than others and yes, I believe it can run in families like you say. Plus, it gives you interesting stories and it's better than boring.;)  I think these types of things are more common than people realize and I have accepted the fact from case after case ten times over that the paranormal world is real and there is no reason why we can not just become comfortable with that fact..

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I would say just go on living the best life you can. These strange events do not seem malicious or a cause for concern. Some people are just closer to the spirit world than others and yes, I believe it can run in families like you say. Plus, it gives you interesting stories and it's better than boring.;)  I think these types of things are more common than people realize and I have accepted the fact from case after case ten times over that the paranormal world is real and there is no reason why we can not just become comfortable with that fact..

May I see the evidence that convinced you of the reality of a paranormal world?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, The Narcisse said:

Millions of JuJuGiGi events and controlled experiments.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, The Narcisse said:

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Millions of JuJuGiGi events and controlled experiments.

Ok, let's not potentially derail the topic with that kind of "evidence please" bickering please. Keep it about the OP topic and posting.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Ok, let's not potentially derail the topic with that kind of "evidence please" bickering please. Keep it about the OP topic and posting.

I wasn't trying to derail. I was genuinely curious. My apologies.

If Someone'll give me a cliff notes version of the OP I'll gladly try to help figure it out. Block text frys my brain.:(