Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Underwater museum has opened in Lanzarote

UM-Bot

Very impressive art.

Not sure about this:

"I hope that the Museo Atlantico of Lanzarote represents an entry point to a different world and promotes a better understanding of our precious marine environment and of how much we depend on it," - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/302644/underwater-museum-has-opened-in-lanzarote#sthash.udncuj0s.dpuf

What has statues of people got to do with marine life?  if the art had been fish or other sea life, then I could see that, but people walking and someone holding a pc tablet?...can not see the connection.

• Like 1

@freetoroam, it's likely that over time the statues themselves will become a sort of artificial reef that will, be home to many different types of sea dwelling life. Nudibranchs, anemones, coral, etc. 

People will come see the statues but the ocean will "breathe" life into them. Most people who might be drawn to this aquatic museum are likely going to be divers/apnea divers however and I've yet to come across a diver that is not a conservationist. Preaching to the choir I assume so the point might be somewhat redundant.

Edited by Vox