Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My thoughts are transmitted for real

corta

3 hours ago, Mark One said:

Pleasing, but...

{hilarious image removed}

For I (myself shall, one day) bring you a jug filled with custard.

Why not today, Mark One?  Anyway, every day that you don't bring it (I'm talking about simple evidence to support your claims, not childish distractions like virtual custard..), YOU can eat the pie...

And no doubt, when you're tucking into your enriched pies flavor you`ll still deny that such things are possible.

Seems strange you would just make smarmy retorts rather than take the opportunity to simply prove me wrong.  It's really not that difficult to set up a proper test.  Thing is, as you probably already know (if you don't, I'd suggest you start with the Wiki's on whatever favorite topic you wish to raise), whenever properly documented testing is done, the delusion 'ability' just vanishesSo it might as well not exist.  Some (inc me, Xenofish and more) might even go so far as to deny there is any such effect.  We, fools that we are, would like some decent evidence.  Would you (or the OP)  like some help in setting up some tests, for whatever ability it is that you claim?  Happy to help.

And if such evidence does not exist simply because you just haven't got around to it yet (chuckle), then you can certainly use that as a valid defence, if only temporarily.

What you don't get to do is tell others to eat humble pie, when you haven't yet posted any evidence.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

On 1/13/2017 at 11:22 AM, XenoFish said:

:tu:To what the others have said and a link to explain why your thoughts can't be broadcast to others.

http://engineering.mit.edu/ask/can-brain-waves-interfere-radio-waves

Not likely. Brain waves are too slow, and so weak they’re extremely hard to measure…

You can't possibly know that. Even science admits it hardly knows anything about the brain.

4 minutes ago, roderunner said:

You can't possibly know that. Even science admits it hardly knows anything about the brain.

Can you prove me wrong? All we need is one real and provable psychic to come forward and blow peoples minds away. 

Human, as well as other creatures, upon expression of thought create brainwaves in the EM spectrum.

This is not only well- known to occur, but is the foundation of certain neurobiological disciplines.

What IS currently lacking in studies are receptor biologics.

• Like 1

@Mark One @weird_millenial @roderunner, the majority of people (including skeptics/myself) would love for there to be proof of psychic abilities. 

It would surely have a profound and overall positive impact on us as a species. 

The issue is; it has been such a popular niche for long enough that it should have easily been proven beyond reasonable doubt. And that goes hand-in-hand with Bigfoot, etc.

School children should be able to perform experiments to confirm its existence, even if current science is still not able to identify a mechanism to explain it.

So why hasn’t it been proven and repeated over the course of human history? 

Edit: And to clarify my stance: I believe it is possible, however not achievable through a normal human biogical makeup. Only with the aid of technology will we be able to transmit, receive and interpret thoughts/brain waves etc. 

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/05/2018 at 1:51 AM, weird_millenial said:

You wouldn’t be here if that were the case.

is this why you feel skeptics feel a need to say something in a debate of this nature? hmmm= interesting 

9 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Edit: And to clarify my stance: I believe it is possible, however not achievable through a normal human biogical makeup. Only with the aid of technology will we be able to transmit, receive and interpret thoughts/brain waves etc. 

yep, & if/when it happens it will be easy to prove because it will be real/ fact- job done

20 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Why not today, Mark One?  Anyway, every day that you don't bring it (I'm talking about simple evidence to support your claims, not childish distractions like virtual custard..), YOU can eat the pie...

love that= brilliant;)

46 minutes ago, roderunner said:

yeah well in that case you could be wrong

i must add:

science knows a lot about the brain & how it works!

Edited by Dejarma

4 hours ago, Dejarma said:

yeah well in that case you could be wrong

No, I said science knows hardly anything. This is because of their closed-minded view of the world.

5 hours ago, pallidin said:

Human, as well as other creatures, upon expression of thought create brainwaves in the EM spectrum.

This is not only well- known to occur, but is the foundation of certain neurobiological disciplines.

What IS currently lacking in studies are receptor biologics.

Something is creating EM waves inside people's heads. Perhaps it's related to telepathy, which I'm sure exists, perhaps it isn't. But perhaps, as you say, more studies into the receiving of these waves might be interesting. But even if it is found that the EM is infeasible, let us not just assume that this one thing we happen to have found (the EM) is the only thing being done. What, the brain can't give off two things at once? Indeed, the supernatural aspect may mean that science can't see it anyway.

4 hours ago, Dejarma said:

science knows a lot about the brain & how it works!

Knowing prod some vague area of the brain a person will e.g. smell a flower is not particularly conclusive.

Edited by roderunner
  • Like 1

@roderunner... During "thought" or other activities that the brain does, weak electrical charges (via ions of various neurotransmitters and other chemicals) are moving, constantly.

This ion movement creates by default an EM field. But it is very weak, and hard to detect without sensitive probes placed in close proximity to the skull.

Many wonderful and exciting research experiments, all non-invasive, have come-up in recent years.

Side note: I wonder if when we place our head in contact with our loved one's head, that they are close enough that each brain "quasi-connects" to the other to some degree through EM mediation.

On 5/26/2018 at 2:27 PM, roderunner said:

No, I said science knows hardly anything. This is because of their closed-minded view of the world.

Something is creating EM waves inside people's heads.

It's sorta ironic that you question scientific expertise, but then immediately show you haven't even studied the first thing on the topic.

We know what the something is.  We know how it works, even if we don't know how to directly relate it to exact memory locations and responses.  We can & do measure the EM (which is absolutely tiny and is completely lost in the background more than a few mm outside the skull), but given that all brains are wired differently, even if we could send those tiny em variations further, they wouldn't tell the receiver anything useful - they are only valid within the owner's mind and via the owner's brain wiring and in relation to the owner's memories, past experiences and however many years of brain development.

So you cannot extrapolate that to blithely indicate telepathy is possible, and as we have no other mechanism by which this claim is made AND we have no reasonable evidence of even one single telepathic event that needs explaining.... then I'm afraid that science can't help you here.

Maybe there is some other way to do it.  But the methods you are claiming most certainly aren't it.  As we have no observations to explain, and no-one here has presented a valid way of enabling this claimed ability that isn't happening (and never has).... what would you suggest science (and any reasonable person) should do - just endorse the fantasy to make you happy?

Feel free to come up with:

- an example of verified, proven telepathy

- a mechanism, based on proper existing science and taking into account our knowledge of neurology, by which thoughts could be transferred directly.

and we'll talk.  Even just ONE of those would be enough to start a reasoned debate, but you have neither.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

We can & do measure the EM (which is absolutely tiny and is completely lost in the background more than a few mm outside the skull)

For this same reason telekinesis is off the table as well. Since we can not produce a strong enough electromagnetic force, you can't communicate telepathically or influence things telekinetically. Plus high levels of emf mess people up.

https://bodyecology.com/articles/little-known-dangers-of-emf.php

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/09/24/electronic-devices-emf-dangers.aspx

https://wellnessmama.com/129645/emf-exposure/

• Like 1