Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel attacks Syria...signs of doom?

Jeff kirk

Syrian state news agency SANA says Israeli jets have bombed the Mezzeh military airport west of Damascus, accusing Tel Aviv of supporting terrorism. The airport was rocked by multiple explosions, with ambulances rushing to the scene.

Syrian army warns it will respond.

Anyone know if this will spark ww3?

https://www.google.com/search?redir_esc=&client=ms-android-americamovil-us&hl=en-US&safe=images&oe=utf-8&q=Syrian+Army+warns+Israel+it+will+respond+after+military+airport+bombed+near+Damascus&source=android-browser-type&qsubts=1484388757695

I doubt it will spark ww3. But that's just my opinion

If ww3 ever does happen I'm guessing we won't have the net to chat about it

• Like 2

From the article: (Rebels operating in the area have said Hizbollah’s major arms supply route into Damascus from the Lebanese border has been targeted on several occasions in recent years by air strikes. This has included strikes on convoys of weapons and warehouses.)

The report I read stated that surface to surface missiles, and not aircraft, were used.  This is important as it indicates Israel's reluctance to risk pilots to the Russian S-400s.  Interesting that the S-400 is said to be equally capable of downing incoming missiles.  If it can but chose not to, what does that say? Israel has a clear choice.  They can interdict the supply of game-changing weapons to Hizballah in Lebanon, or they can suffer the consequences of a bloodier war in the future.  Putin will be hesitant to clash with Israel.  The IDF could summarily eradicate the Russian forces on the ground if they were pushed.  Since Putin cannot allow such a humiliation and he isn't going to actually nuke anyone, it's best for all concerned if he just sits back and enjoys the fireworks.  As a bonus, he gets to sell the Hezzies MORE weapons for the bonfire :w00t:  #WINNING!

• Like 1

Israel did not attack Syria,they destroyed 2 storage units of weapons/arms being housed that were going to terrorist.That's what I admire about Israel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Israel did not attack Syria,they destroyed 2 storage units of weapons/arms being housed that were going to terrorist.That's what I admire about Israel.

Well there is more U.S. taxpayer money up in smoke. LOL

• Like 1

Let the two of them destroy each other, for all I care. The rest of the world has been meddling in the middle-east for too long. It's time to pull back and let it sort itself out.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Podo said:

Let the two of them destroy each other, for all I care. The rest of the world has been meddling in the middle-east for too long. It's time to pull back and let it sort itself out.

Which, by default, means that Israel wipes the floor with everyone there.  I'm fine with that.

Edited by Thorvir
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

Which, by default, means that Israel wipes the floor with everyone there.  I'm fine with that.

I'm no fan of israel, but if that's what it takes to calm the region down and they can do it on their own, good for them. I just want to be able to visit the cradle of civilization someday without getting caught up in some idiotic religion-fuelled conflict. The conflict needs to end. It'll be easier to deal with the aftermath of the mid-east sorting itself out than it is to stop it from boiling over.

let-them-fight.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Podo said:

let-them-fight.jpg

:tu:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Podo said:

I'm no fan of israel, but if that's what it takes to calm the region down and they can do it on their own, good for them. I just want to be able to visit the cradle of civilization someday without getting caught up in some idiotic religion-fuelled conflict. The conflict needs to end. It'll be easier to deal with the aftermath of the mid-east sorting itself out than it is to stop it from boiling over.

I agree with this completely.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Podo said:

The only problem if they try to destroy each other, they will also destroy the earth, when the nuke bombs start flying. Lets just hope there's not a Islamic  suicide bomber  behind that bomb. Scientists even say a small nuke war could cause a nuclear winter. Russia, the US and China understand this is why we have cold  and proxies  wars, for there are no winners in a nuke war.   

Edited by docyabut2

17 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

The only problem if they try to destroy each other, they will also destroy the earth, when the nuke bombs start flying. Lets just hope there's not a Islamic  suicide bomber  behind that bomb. Scientists even say a small nuke war could cause a nuclear winter. Russia, the US and China understand this is why we have cold  and proxies  wars, for there are no winners in a nuke war.   

I doubt it would go nuclear, honestly. Each side wants land. You can't use land if it is irradiated, and nukes would destroy the relics that the muslims and the jews idiotically worship. A nuclear war would serve neither purpose, since religion is such a driving force in the conflict. If the Israelis and Arabs would just kill each other off, those who want conflict would hopefully be caught in the crossfire, thus allowing the majority of citizens, both arabian and israeli, to live their lives peacefully. The majority never want war, it's always the governments. Dismantle those, and the mid-east would likely be a much safer place.

• Like 3

On 1/16/2017 at 3:59 PM, Podo said:

let-them-fight.jpg

Have you ever considered how ridiculous it is that this conflict has been going on for as long as it has and that today, a tiny piece of territory and a single city has the attention of the entire globe?  It amazes me how few people seem to notice the incongruity of it all.  Unfortunately, I think the world will be engulfed in a war over that city and that minuscule amount of land.  In fact, when you hear that some charismatic soul has found a way to bring peace there, it would be wise to start paying close attention to your emergency plans :) 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Podo said:

I doubt it would go nuclear, honestly. Each side wants land. You can't use land if it is irradiated, and nukes would destroy the relics that the muslims and the jews idiotically worship. A nuclear war would serve neither purpose, since religion is such a driving force in the conflict. If the Israelis and Arabs would just kill each other off, those who want conflict would hopefully be caught in the crossfire, thus allowing the majority of citizens, both arabian and israeli, to live their lives peacefully. The majority never want war, it's always the governments. Dismantle those, and the mid-east would likely be a much safer place.

So, if people think that Iran is able to be trusted , I can't imagine what else they may trust.

https://www.al-islam.org/restatement-history-islam-and-muslims-sayyid-ali-ashgar-razwy/arabia-islam

5 hours ago, and then said:

Have you ever considered how ridiculous it is that this conflict has been going on for as long as it has and that today, a tiny piece of territory and a single city has the attention of the entire globe?  It amazes me how few people seem to notice the incongruity of it all.  Unfortunately, I think the world will be engulfed in a war over that city and that minuscule amount of land.  In fact, when you hear that some charismatic soul has found a way to bring peace there, it would be wise to start paying close attention to your emergency plans :) 

When we move the U.S embassy from Tel Aviv  to Jerusalem things in general will change.

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Why-Trump-should-move-US-Embassy-to-Jerusalem-478425

• Like 1

On 1/16/2017 at 8:01 PM, docyabut2 said:

The only problem if they try to destroy each other, they will also destroy the earth, when the nuke bombs start flying.

Absolutely not.  If any nuclear weapons were to be used, it would be locally against each other.  And besides, only Israel, allegedly (wink wink, nudge nudge) has nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them consistently and accurately.

On 1/16/2017 at 8:01 PM, docyabut2 said:

Lets just hope there's not a Islamic  suicide bomber  behind that bomb. Scientists even say a small nuke war could cause a nuclear winter. Russia, the US and China understand this is why we have cold  and proxies  wars, for there are no winners in a nuke war.   

Scientists say lots of things that get them attention, and fear-mongering is one of their favorite tactics.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

So, if people think that Iran is able to be trusted , I can't imagine what else they may trust.

https://www.al-islam.org/restatement-history-islam-and-muslims-sayyid-ali-ashgar-razwy/arabia-islam

It isn't about trusting Iran, it's about the reasons for a conflict. The conflict in the middle east is primarily religious. They're all fighting over Jerudalem and some other lesser areas, and the arabs are against illegal israeli land seizure. It all comes down to relics, locations, and land. With that in mind, why would Iran nuke Jerusalem? That makes no sense. If they did, they wouldn't be able to use the land, nor would they have access to the "holy" sites. Neither side is served by the use of nuclear weapons, as a result. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, and then said:

Of course it is insane. A piece of blasted, useless land in a desert should not be as important as it is and has been, and we can blame religion for this conflict. Without the religious factors, novody would care about this tiny patch of desert. But, here we are. 

I don't adhere to your constant doom-and-gloom. At this point, I just want the conflict to end. I don't care if that means Israel needs to be destroyed or Iran put down, but the fighting needs to stop. The conflict ceasing in the middle east is a good thing, not some esoteric call to arms or alarming development. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Podo said:

It isn't about trusting Iran, it's about the reasons for a conflict. The conflict in the middle east is primarily religious. They're all fighting over Jerudalem and some other lesser areas, and the arabs are against illegal israeli land seizure. It all comes down to relics, locations, and land. With that in mind, why would Iran nuke Jerusalem? That makes no sense. If they did, they wouldn't be able to use the land, nor would they have access to the "holy" sites. Neither side is served by the use of nuclear weapons, as a result. 

Where do you  connect  Muslims historically  to Jerusalem? Jesus was born a Jew with definite ties to that land. What religious foundations have there in the Quran that pertain to Muslims there?

6 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Where do you  connect  Muslims historically  to Jerusalem? Jesus was born a Jew with definite ties to that land. What religious foundations have there in the Quran that pertain to Muslims there?

What? Temple Mount, Dome of the Rock, other sites. Furhermore, Jesus may or may not have ever existed, so using a mythological figure to examine modern land politics is irrelevant.

I'm not looking at this in the sense of legitmizing any religion's connection to the space, I'm drawing attention to the observable reality that the muslims want the area. I don't care WHY, but it is observable that they do. Religion is stupid, as far as I'm concerned, so the religion-based claims regarding israel by both israelies and muslims are pointless and irrelevant to me. 

Regardless, the fact of the matter is that both sides want Jerusalem, want "the holy land" as it has been known for centuries. As such, it makes no sense to obliterate the very land and relics that are sought. Could a war go nuclear? I mean, I guess. But it doesn't serve either side's interests to do so, so I doubt it'll happen. 

Edited by Podo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Podo said:

What? Temple Mount, Dome of the Rock, other sites. Furhermore, Jesus may or may not have ever existed, so using a mythological figure to examine modern land politics is irrelevant.

I'm not looking at this in the sense of legitmizing any religion's connection to the space, I'm drawing attention to the observable reality that the muslims want the area. I don't care WHY, but it is observable that they do. Religion is stupid, as far as I'm concerned, so the religion-based claims regarding israel by both israelies and muslims are pointless and irrelevant to me. 

Regardless, the fact of the matter is that both sides want Jerusalem, want "the holy land" as it has been known for centuries. As such, it makes no sense to obliterate the very land and relics that are sought. Could a war go nuclear? I mean, I guess. But it doesn't serve either side's interests to do so, so I doubt it'll happen. 

The Temple Mount, Solomon's Temple  was not built for Islam.

Just now, Ellapennella said:

The Temple Mount, Solomon's Temple  was not built for Islam.

Yes, I am aware, but it is an important thing to them nonetheless. Therefore, it is relevant to their religion. Congratulations! You've learned that religion inherently makes no goddamned sense. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Podo said:

You seem to be assuming rationality among the participants.  It would be rather easy to see some splinter group lay hold on some chemical weps and launch them into an Israeli city.  If thousands died or even were sickened by GAS, the people, the government, and the IDF would go medieval on the source.  If a combined attack was forming and had an ally from outside the region - Russia for example - the IDF might well consider using neutron bombs on massed formations.  There are many scenarios that could lead to nukes being unleashed in a future conflict there.  You can call that doom and gloom if you like, but betting against it ever happening wouldn't be prudent.

1 minute ago, and then said:

You seem to be assuming rationality among the participants.  It would be rather easy to see some splinter group lay hold on some chemical weps and launch them into an Israeli city.  If thousands died or even were sickened by GAS, the people, the government, and the IDF would go medieval on the source.  If a combined attack was forming and had an ally from outside the region - Russia for example - the IDF might well consider using neutron bombs on massed formations.  There are many scenarios that could lead to nukes being unleashed in a future conflict there.  You can call that doom and gloom if you like, but betting against it ever happening wouldn't be prudent.

I never said it wouldn't happen, I said I doubt it'll happen. I still doubt it will happen. Obviously I can't know the future, because I'm not a wizard. I still don't think it's likely. Likewise to you, assuming that it will inevitably happen isn't prudent, as the doom and gloom isn't a good way to live. Why do you even care? Even if the middle east is embroiled in hurling bombs at each other, it's not as though the world would be missing much if the israelis and the arabs wiped each other out. Two barbarous, religion-fuelled cultures removed from the world. Seems like a win-win to me.

It's all speculation anyway, since neither of us are political scientists or wizards with a high enough level to tell the future.

BZ0P2tH.png

• Like 1