Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can your fingerprints be stolen from a photo?

UM-Bot

Unlike TV shows and movies, zooming in on low rez photos just gets a blurry close-up. Futurama addressed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwnI0RS6J5A

Why should they need to be? How far away are we from everyone having some tech gadget that only opens using their fingerprint? How easy is it to hack said gadgets?

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Why should they need to be? How far away are we from everyone having some tech gadget that only opens using their fingerprint? How easy is it to hack said gadgets?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=fingerprint+security+systems&tbm=shop

• Like 1

Going back 20 years I worked weekends for security firm collecting cash and they were talking about using drivers fingerprint to open cash van doors.

The idea being only the driver could access the vehicle. This wasn't put in place at the time but with advances in technology I guess technically it would be possible now although I'm not sure it would really be worth doing

Seems all you would need to beat fingerprint technology is a pair of pruning shears. At least that is what television has taught me. Also can't a fingerprint be scanned into a computer and be recreated with a 3d printer?

/not computer savvy.

digital enhancement does do amazing things........history has shown even either peeling your finger from prints does't stop much........unless your close up photographing your fingers.....then you should not worry......