Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need help breaking a psychic connection

anutpada

I need help learning how to break a psychic connection with somebody.

It seems like there's some kind of connection where information or feelings are being transferred to me from this person, but it's painful and pointless, and I want it to stop.

Any ideas or help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

The psyche is involved in all personal interactions . Always. The only way to stop it is to become a hermit. But the memories of earlier interactions will persist. But I suspect you are implying something different, that somehow another is actively and intentionally, by some unknown mechanism, affecting your mind. It is far more likely that your own mind is the "culprit" here, and that this other is completely oblivious to what you are experiencing. People having trouble getting others out of their mind is a staple of romantic fiction and music, rarely is some "thought control by another" invoked, that is more a theme of science fiction. To be accepting of it in real life, might hint at psychiatric illness. You are responsible for your own thoughts, ultimately, thought control is, thankfully, not available to be applied in the way you imagine, so far as I can see.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, symbolicdelusion said:

some kind of connection where information or feelings are being transferred to me from this person,

Hi and welcome to UM.

Does this person know what you believe is happening? 

Hi all,

the connection you are describing is possible but if that person is doing it on purpose there is unfortunately absolutely nothing you can do about it. Well, actually there are two things you can do. As you are on the receiving end of the connection you can't stop it. You can ask the person to stop that which tbe person can do if it's done on purpose. The other thing you can do is to learn to ignore it, put it in the back of your head and forget it. It takes a while but it can be done. Do you have something from that person? A stone? A necklace? Or something like that? If the person is not doing it on purpose then you are in big trouble...

LordRayden

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LordRayden said:

If the person is not doing it on purpose then you are in big trouble...

lol...how reassuring.

Wasn't meant to be reassuring...

Just a fact...

How can you ask a person to stop doing something if the person is not aware of doing anything?

2 minutes ago, LordRayden said:

Wasn't meant to be reassuring...

Just a fact...

How can you ask a person to stop doing something if the person is not aware of doing anything?

Stop doing what, exactly ? I sense a degree of paranoia in anyone who thinks someone is exerting mind control over them, and especially inadvertent mind control ! It is blaming someone else for your lack of mental equilibrium.

• Like 4

That has nothing to do with mind control, mind control is only possible if you allow it. What he is describing is that he gets feelings and eventually thoughts that don't belong to him. That stuff can't control him it's just weird and uncomfortable. Not more...  It's not like when you are ill and hear voices in your head. It's a feeling here a thought there... It just gives you an uneasy feeling...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LordRayden said:

That has nothing to do with mind control, mind control is only possible if you allow it. What he is describing is that he gets feelings and eventually thoughts that don't belong to him. That stuff can't control him it's just weird and uncomfortable. Not more...  It's not like when you are ill and hear voices in your head.

HOW is it not like that?  And in what way are you qualified to speak with such dismissal about the wide range of psychological issues that might be at play?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LordRayden said:

The connection you are describing is possible .........

How did you come to that conclusion?

I don't think this person is somehow actively performing mind control.

Sometimes I have feelings that seem unconnected with what I'm thinking or doing, and over a long period of time, I've been able to associate many of them with things that happened in this person's life.

It's often very painful, and at least, weird.

I don't think this person is aware of this, I think rather there is a load of subconscious stuff that they refuse to process, and perhaps it's this subconscious part that I'm picking up, however, I can't help with something somebody doesn't want help with, so the whole thing is pointless.

@LordRayden

No, I don't have anything from this person, I got rid of everything. Would it help if I did? If so, I could maybe ask for something, don't know if the person would be willing to give me anything or not.

11 hours ago, symbolicdelusion said:

I highly doubt a psychic connection is present, however a psychology one could be.

It seems like there's some kind of connection where information or feelings are being transferred to me from this person, but it's painful and pointless, and I want it to stop.

Sounds like you've just got some kind of head game going on, Where you're thinking there something where there's nothing.

Take you're mind off the person, get away from the person, and/or forget about the person.

The problem with supposed psychic links is the energy of our brain waves are so weak they have next to nothing in terms of broadcast distance. So our thoughts are stuck in our head. We can 'project' (make up) a link to someone, but that link exist on a purely psychological level. You think there's a link, but it's just a figment of the imagination. You're feeding it and thus making it stronger.

I don't think I ever mentioned brain waves, or brain wave transmission, but you're right that that wouldn't be a good explanation for the phenomena.

If there was a good explanation available using current scientific knowledge, there wouldn't be such a question.

Edited by symbolicdelusion

12 hours ago, symbolicdelusion said:

Do you like or love this person, or did you previously?

Why is it "painful and pointless"?

Did you consider yourself psychic before this connection?

• Like 1

@acute

Thanks.

Do you like or love this person, or did you previously?

I had a very close relationship with this person for a long time. The relationship ended in a very painful manner a long time ago now. I haven't felt attached to this person for a long time also though.

Why is it "painful and pointless"?

The feelings I get are often painful. It's pointless because there's nothing that I can do with these feelings. This person I think hasn't been able to process their feelings, and maybe i'm picking up on some fragmented subconscious part of them, but there's nothing I can do about it. I can't help somebody that doesn't want my help.

Did you consider yourself psychic before this connection?

No, but there were a few times before when it felt like I felt the future. I put it down to subconscious awareness. I've felt this since, too, in both connected and unconnected situations, but in some cases subconscious awareness doesn't seem to explain it.

I'd like to be able to turn that off too, as it's also painful to feel the future being forced on you.

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, symbolicdelusion said:

@acute

Thanks.

I had a very close relationship with this person for a long time. The relationship ended in a very painful manner a long time ago now. I haven't felt attached to this person for a long time also though.

The feelings I get are often painful. It's pointless because there's nothing that I can do with these feelings. This person I think hasn't been able to process their feelings, and maybe i'm picking up on some fragmented subconscious part of them, but there's nothing I can do about it. I can't help somebody that doesn't want my help.

No, but there were a few times before when it felt like I felt the future. I put it down to subconscious awareness. I've felt this since, too, in both connected and unconnected situations, but in some cases subconscious awareness doesn't seem to explain it.

I'd like to be able to turn that off too, as it's also painful to feel the future being forced on you.

Here are a few things you may like to consider for yourself.....

Are you experiencing a psychic connection, or just 'over-thinking' about this person?

Do you have these feelings because you want to rekindle the relationship?  If so, is that possible? and would it be a good or bad idea?

Are you wishing that you could revisit the relationship because of unfinished business, or maybe because of the way it ended?

• Like 2

@ChrLzs

Because I experienced both. The connection he is describing and the voices in the head from a illness. I studied both of these for years after it happend to me. That is why I am qualified to say something. A psychologists will only see a illness because he is traind to do so, he can not allow the possibility of an other answer because it questions everything he stands for. On the other hand the (well let's call them) "alternative people" will try to explain that with everything else except a illness. So the only thing that is left is to find a middle way for yourself...

LordRayden

• Like 4

I agree with acute, after you thought about everything and you are sure it is not just a whish of yours you should maybe just try to learn to ignore it. Fade it out, it would be the easiest way because as you said it does not happen constantly.

No, you should not ask for something from that person. I asked that especially because of a stone or something like that. I personally know a case where a (I asume a very powerful)  psychic used a special stone to project feelings on a other person. For that to work the stone has to be arround you. If you throw it away the connection is gone...

I said "I asume" because I'm not sure, as I found out through the years there are many, many kinds of psychics with a very different skill set.

What I experienced personally was a person that had psychic skills but was not aware of that so the person had no control. Every time the person was under emotional stress, well let's "things happend"

If it's not "just" wishful thinking maybe you are experiencing something similar...

LordRayden

• Like 2

I don't want to rekindle the relationship, I want these feelings to end, I don't care how. Sometimes I wish to visit the relationship to find anything that can turn them off and give me peace.

I don't know whether it's a psychic connection or overthinking, but I do know that on many occasions now i've had changes in feelings that were unconnected to what I was doing, I've been able to confirm afterwards that the change in feeling in me corresponded to a change in the life events of this person. There have also been times i've felt the future, and it feels quite similar in some way, but without the thought attached.

I haven't heard any voices, but on some occasions, due to the nature of the feeling, I was able to correctly guess what happened to the person and then have confirmation afterwards. On other occasions, I assumed it was my own feeling at first, until I found out a change in this person's circumstances that explained the change better than attributing a completely arbitrary change in myself.

It's impossible to ignore generally, at least when it's painful. It sounds similar to what LordRayden is saying.

I'm going to try to resist the urge to look for confirmation of what I felt and just assume it is what I think it is, perhaps that will help cut the circle.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, I am new here and I want to share an experience. About five years ago, I was out shopping and having a good time with my sister. Out of the blue, I started to have anxiety, and panic. I couldn't understand it at all because there was no reason for it. It started as we were driving back home...when we got back to my house...we both checked our facebooks. I had gotten a fake message from a fake profile, saying some really bad stuff about a family member of mine. It was obviously sent to hurt and harm me, as well as my loved one. It was all lies, but the severity of intent to harm me was there. Thank God I found out who it was and didn't believe it. I believe if somebody is sending us strong emotions, good or bad, if we are sensitive enough....we can pick them up. After all, it is energy.

• Like 1

My guess, would be to cut off contact with that person, don't let them know where you are, practice keeping up your energy...basically learn to be content and happy. Keep you mind busy with good positive stuff, and don't think about that person. In order for the sender to send messages, there has to be a receiver. That means when you start having thoughts about that person, change them...turn the channel, turn the page. Do not think about this person, control your thoughts....or you will be an open platform for this person to send energy to you.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same sort of thing! But I feel that I am on the receiving end of this. 

I feel that someone is psychically reading my mind and thoughts and is someone controlling me but on purpose. 

I have tried to have a relationship with this person and somehow keep in touch with them. When I do, some of the 'mindreading' symptom go away, but then I feel tinned of pain and stress because this person does not love me someone I know this and God doesn't want this continue. 

Still, I have been completed tormented by this connection. It has literally ripped apart my soul. 

On the receiving end of things, I have tried to defend myself in any way possible. I have been so scared and traumatized by the whole connection that I have brought on some of the scariest feelings and images I've ever felt in my life. 

I have been on the brink of suicide and this connection affects me daily. 

The last year of my life has felt like one of the worst years of my life. 

I also loved a person very intensely. Things ended on bad terms and things got worse and worse. 

I have thought maybe God wants me to be with this person? So I think about being in love with them but the love is entirely unreciprocated and throws me into this cycle of like intense pain of rejection. It is one of the most painful things I have had to feel in my life. 

So now I have cut myself off from this person and blocked them. 

I have tried everything. I have tried to make them hate me. I have stopped loving them. And nothing makes it go away. It gets less stronger but it torments me day by day. 

I think how can God place this much torment on one person? 

Juat wondering if you have an update on your situation and whether or not anything has been resolved. 

• Like 1

I did find some things that help, but you need to be strong.

You need to really set the intention to remove this person from your life, and you need to be persistent in your efforts to remove them and block them psychically.

Look up online how to remove ethereal cords, how to shield energy, and how to ground energy.

I was sceptical that these things would work, but when i tried them, i realised what the effect is. It has nothing to do with the visualisation itself, what you are doing is a physical rearrangement of energy. Basically, you need to learn to control and manipulate your own energy. You need to become master of how your energy is arranged within your body. If you can master it, you can prevent others from having an effect. When you begin to get it, you will find that you can learn to manipulate the energy directly, and may not even need the visualisation at all.

For physical heart pain it takes longer to work, but don't assume it's not working and give up. The best thing i found was imagining shooting water out of it at the person, as well as removing the cords, but this took a few weeks of constant doing to gradually lessen the physical pain. Still, it comes back sometimes. I don't know why. You have to just keep trying to learn to master the energy and send whatever it is they're doing back to them.

I also found the thread from this forum on shamanic initiation interesting and helpful.

Edited by anutpada
  • Like 2