Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man tracks Bigfoot for 7 miles in the snow

Still Waters

Christopher Bauer is an experienced trapper near Ellendale, but a Christmas day track is more extraordinary than the outdoorsman has ever seen.

"Picked up the trail down that way about 20-yards in, right in the open and then crossed the highway and made his way to the hills, I think," said Bauer.

Bauer started on the trail after a family friend spotted something alarming through her kitchen window.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/region/4196676-ellendale-man-believes-huge-footprints-belong-bigfoot

• Like 1

Those are some pretty good footprints and the gentleman who did the tracking certainly seems to be sincere. I wonder...could Bigfoot be real after all?

Edited by Lilly
typo
  • Like 5

How does this guy know if the prints were perfect?  What exactly are they being compared to?

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, acute said:

Bigfoot will probably be found one day..... when somebody shoots the last one!

Well, yeah, without his buddies to bury him or warp him to his extra-dimensional home.

Hmmm. not too impressed with this. First is the picture of the alleged bigfoot from the womans kitchen window? 00.56, as it looks awfully like a man in a costume.

Second, as an experienced trapper, I would imagine a bit more "proof" than a couple of foot prints,...as it was in the snow, and allegedly walked so far,  there should be a definite trail and far more prints than a couple which have been shown....we do not see that. 

Why, as an experienced trapper, did he not follow it further or call the authorities to get out there and look for?

The news reader says "bigfoot expert" ? how can there be a bigfoot "expert" when one has not been found?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

How does this guy know if the prints were perfect?  What exactly are they being compared to?

The gentleman is a professional tracker, probably his professional opinion.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

The gentleman is a professional tracker, probably his professional opinion.

This is what I do not understand...as a professional tracker, highly likely he knows the area and knows the prairies and adjacent mountains - so why did he not do what he does best? track it further and get more than just a couple of foot prints....the trail of them would nave been better.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Uh, the gentleman tracked whatever it was for 7 miles until the terrain became too difficult for him to follow any further. 7 miles is a long way in territory like that, I'm actually quite impressed that he could hold the trail for 7 miles under those conditions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Those are some pretty good footprints

Where are you seeing the footprints? I've just got a still from the PG film.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Where are you seeing the footprints? I've just got a still from the PG film.

There's a video on Still Water's original link...it shows the footprints.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

There's a video on Still Water's original link...it shows the footprints.

Thanks. Do you mean the news report? I've just found that somewhere else.

28 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Uh, the gentleman tracked whatever it was for 7 miles until the terrain became too difficult for him to follow any further. 7 miles is a long way in territory like that, I'm actually quite impressed that he could hold the trail for 7 miles under those conditions.

Allegedly. or how did he track it? Notice it is on prairie land, he even has his van next to him and he states it went across the highway...maybe he was tracking in in his van?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, oldrover said:

I've just found that somewhere else.

Where? does it show a trail of prints?

Ok, watch the clip (at the top) with the newscaster and go to 1:11 in the video. There they show the footprints and even have a tape measure next to the prints to show scale.

To me this one more piece of evidence (not proof) that the Sasquatch thing is not 'all hoax/misidentification'. You have a visual sighting, a woman in the window, along with physical evidence by an experienced tracker. This could of course still be hoax/misidentification but this and every single such case would all have to be 'hoax/misidentification', for the 'all hoax/misidentification' theory to hold. My honest opinion is the chance of that theory holding has become paper thin.

I also highly doubt the 'it's  a regular animal' theory such as a gorilla or orangutan. It's range is just too vast and to have a healthy breeding population they would have to exist in such numbers they would not be a mystery.

I think the best theory out there is that they are in the broad brush of the so-called paranormal along with many other things many people would like to dismiss. I think they have the  ability to cloak themselves and perhaps temporarily join our shared physical reality to have a physical experience in nature.

Edited by papageorge1

Just to recap, we have a man who claims that there were seven miles of tracks, yet we have three single prints as proof. No other witnesses, except for the unnamed woman. 

Really?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Ok, watch the clip (at the top) with the newscaster and go to 1:11 in the video. There they show the footprints and even have a tape measure next to the prints to show scale.

Its prairie land, there should be a whole trail of prints..especially if it went on for 7 miles.

• Like 2

Sorry, was posting that while oldrover was recapping what we were saying .

Just now, freetoroam said:

Its prairie land, there should be a whole trail of prints..especially if it went on for 7 miles.

No, that's not how tracking works (especially in frozen ground). You don't just get a nice neat trail of prints that anyone can follow. Heck, if it was that easy there would be no need for professional trackers.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Just to recap, we have a man who claims that there were seven miles of tracks, yet we have three single prints as proof. No other witnesses, except for the unnamed woman. 

Really?  

Yeah, some good footprints and a story. Interesting but certainly no where near being 'proof'.

• Like 1

Just now, Lilly said:

No, that's not how tracking works (especially in frozen ground). You don't just get a nice neat trail of prints that anyone can follow. Heck, if it was that easy there would be no need for professional trackers.

It was in the snow. on prairie land, you would expect more than a couple of prints. And yes, you can get a neat trail of prints in the snow, especially if they are as big as he says they are...he managed to get out of 7 miles - 2? 3? really?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Yeah, some good footprints and a story. Interesting but certainly no where near being 'proof'.

I'm sorry I can't agree, the footprints, as we see them, aren't in anyway clear enough to assign any sort of quality to them. And the story is neutral at best. 

I'm going to have a look into this a bit more later. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Hmmm. not too impressed with this. First is the picture of the alleged bigfoot from the womans kitchen window? 00.56, as it looks awfully like a man in a costume.

The Bigfoot pictures in the video are stock photos added for reference only, the guy doesn't have any photos.

• Like 2