Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spooky figure photo's in garden

seeder

Mystery over spooky figure that appears in snap taken under the full moon - but is MISSING from a picture taken in quick succession

The uploader posted the two images on Reddit asking other users to help him figure out what happened in the photo
    The first photo in the set appears to show an empty lawn and a full moon
    In the second, a small, ghoulish figure appears running across the grass
    The uploader says the photos were taken in quick succession and that the photographer did not see anything until later viewing the pictures
    Some Redditors are adamant that the picture has fallen victim to Photoshop
    Others claim that there's no way to explain the figure's appearance

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4121860/Mystery-spooky-figure-appears-snap-taken-moon-MISSING-picture-taken-quick-succession.html#ixzz4VqzH5179

• Like 4

why take two photos of the same thing?  

The fact that it produces a shadow 

how convenient, but the shadow does not quite match up with the figure. And why is the second picture lighter than the first when they were taken in quick succession? this is pointed out in one of the comments:

definitely something has been edited, look top left, the top pick is darker then the bottom picture with the "being" in. The 1st unedited pic you cannot see the power/phone cables going all the way to the corner but the edited pic with the being you can see the power/phone line going all the way meaning the pic has been lightened and edited

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4121860/Mystery-spooky-figure-appears-snap-taken-moon-MISSING-picture-taken-quick-succession.html#ixzz4VrNIXRGQ 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Like 4

I agree it doesnt match up , there's a light in the first photo in the bushes and the second photo the light is higher up and blurred .. This is fake  

Edited by Darkenpath25
  • Like 3

Heh... I regularly take two photos at a time. I kind of suck with my camera though, and often take a backup. Then I go back through the photo drop off the camera, and toss the crappier pic if there is one. And there often is, with some weird blurring sometimes, lol. And I can hazard a guess that the general light shift might be bad photography too- I have no idea what I do, but sometimes my pics have a bit of light level different. So I can relate to some of the why.

But the little Groot in the pic? That's a whole nother ball of wax.

• Like 4

The article states it was an abnormally large moon, if you are interested in such things and wanted a snap, why there?

It doesn't make sense, you would drive out of town to get a cracking picture, not a pot shot between trees and powerlines.

Always taken in quick succession and never noticed till posted, it's becoming a regular occurrence.

"I've never even heard of Photoshop." - what rubbish. If you have a digital camera, most come with, or, recommend, a photo editing program. I heard of Photoshop in my last year's of high school (93-98), so unless they have had their eyes closed for 19 years, I don't believe that statement one bit.

• Like 5

Guest civilwarghostsoldier

It looks like an elf gnome leprechaun. There's what looks like on the right side of its face a side-burn an ear and part of a brow or eye. Creepy nonetheless.

• Like 1

I wonder now if full moon nights are more spiritually active?

What were they taking a picture of to begin with? 

I'm not buying that it isn't photoshopped.

11 hours ago, civilwarghostsoldier said:

It looks like an elf gnome leprechaun. There's what looks like on the right side of its face a side-burn an ear and part of a brow or eye. Creepy nonetheless.

It looks like a blurry image of their grandkid running across the lawn imposed over a nighttime picture to appear creepy.

I call BS, but that's just me and would love to be proven wrong. Is that the Bride of Frankie?

• Like 1

Wow I mean wow. Someone actually takes photo of the moon??? OK I'm thinking its maybe a picture of an infant Bigfoot This could be the best shot we ever see on here or it could just be nothing (which lets be honest, it usually is) ;)

The greatest question is.....what evidence will it take for everyone to agree that something is legitimate?

• Like 2

The little voice in my head is reminding me to not be gullible, but ...

Assuming for a moment it's NOT photoshopped, what in the actual heck is that? It looks like a walking shrub? 

• Like 2

images.jpg

• Like 2

Possibly a wind-blown piece of plastic?

Except that the leaves didn't change position....never mind.

Something interesting. I blew up both photos and laid them over one another on the desktop so I could alt-tab between them. The region in the photo without the figure seems to show the pixel outline of where the "arms" appear to be in the photo with the figure... I don't know why you'd go to the trouble of photoshopping something out of a photograph when you could simply have someone run in and grab it ... not sure, weird. Can someone with better skills look at that?

P.S. Or maybe it was there all along and was "invisible" in the first photo but left it's outline in pixels (yes, foil-hat firmly fixed)

• Like 4

It's Zelda from terrahawks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calibeliever said:

Something interesting. I blew up both photos and laid them over one another on the desktop so I could alt-tab between them. The region in the photo without the figure seems to show the pixel outline of where the "arms" appear to be in the photo with the figure... I don't know why you'd go to the trouble of photoshopping something out of a photograph when you could simply have someone run in and grab it ... not sure, weird. Can someone with better skills look at that?

P.S. Or maybe it was there all along and was "invisible" in the first photo but left it's outline in pixels (yes, foil-hat firmly fixed)

That's an interesting discovery. Perhaps it is some kind of lawn ornament that was edited out, to make a controversy?

• Like 1

It looks like the figure is holding something. Maybe a clock or a sundial with the hour indicators facing forward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucas Cooper Merrin said:

The greatest question is.....what evidence will it take for everyone to agree that something is legitimate?

That would be the proverbial 'good' evidence, Lucas.  You know how in court they sometimes do, and sometimes DON'T - with very good reason - accept evidence?

Can you think why that might be?  It's not difficult to apply a little common sense to a basic analysis of such images.  I haven't looked at this one yet - when I do, feel free to offer your insights or corrections/additions then, or if you have a problem with the comments made thus far, do feel free to get all specific.  For a change.

• Like 1

question i have is why is there 2 pics, was the person taking a pic of the moon? what? then this object just teleported there? or did it run there? i say fake, its 2016, take a video is too hard?

10 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

That would be the proverbial 'good' evidence, Lucas.  You know how in court they sometimes do, and sometimes DON'T - with very good reason - accept evidence?

Can you think why that might be?  It's not difficult to apply a little common sense to a basic analysis of such images.  I haven't looked at this one yet - when I do, feel free to offer your insights or corrections/additions then, or if you have a problem with the comments made thus far, do feel free to get all specific.  For a change.

I do enjoy when you belittle people while so desperately trying to assert yourself as the only source with any credibility.

• Like 3