Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exorcist was killed by 'malevolent force'

UM-Bot

It sounds reasonable to me and we can't know for sure. Malevolent entities pushing someone is not all an uncommon claim in possession stories.

If you believe in possession phenomena and malevolent entities this is not all that hard to believe. Many sober adults have claimed to witness powerful physical paranormal phenomena in these cases.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 0:41 PM, XenoFish said:

Yep, that sound extremely paranormal to me. No one's ever died from a head injury caused by a fall.:rolleyes:

It is actually quite often that spirits, ghosts, demons, etc. are involved with death and horrible occurrences. I dealt with one not to long ago that admitted through a spirit box that it caused several peoples' car accidents and my near car crash. -_- (should have killed the b***** instead of banishing him.)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Acts 19:11-16 has a interesting encounter between a demon possessed man and Jewish "exorcists." It starts with the Apostle Paul and references to his working of miracles in the name of Jesus. Apparently some of the other Jews present were envious of Paul's success and tried to evoke the Lord's name without having the Lord's power guiding them. The result's were the demon speaking through the man, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?" and the possessed man beat them bloody and stripped them naked so that they fled form the home where this incident took place. 

The Bible is pretty clear that demon possession is real, and that demon's can only be removed from a possessed individual through the power of God. Both Jesus and his disciples encountered them, though his followers did not always have the faith the drive them out. To attribute these incidents to mental illness as some have is to miss the point that when the demons were driven out, the people were recorded as having recovered their senses and as being in "their right mind." 

Whether this Catholic priest was like Jesus' disciples or the Jews that tried to imitate Paul, who can say.

• Like 2

On 15/01/2017 at 7:40 PM, freetoroam said:

These are the facts we know of why he died:

died in New York City on Tuesday, July 27, 1999, following a stroke.

Following a brief stay in Paris, he moved to New York, where until his final illness and death.....

http://www.fatima.org/news/newsviews/malachi.asp

who has died of a brain haemmorhage in New York aged 78

A brain hemorrhage is a type of stroke.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-hemorrhage-bleeding-causes-symptoms-treatments#1

And here is the jumping up of the facts to add a bit of spice for her  documentary:

During the making of the documentary, writer and producer Rachel Lysaght uncovered some unusual facts surrounding Fr. Martin's death back in July 1999. - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/302771/exorcist-was-killed-by-malevolent-force#sthash.m9YOblmF.dpuf

Here is what the article in the opening post says:

Fr. Martin sadly died a short time later from head injuries he sustained in a fall. According to Marrow, however, the 78-year-old had believed that an 'unseen force' had pushed him to the ground.

Edited by Black Monk

Just saw this the other day. It was really creepy when that guy described how that 4 year old girl rolled down the car window and blew the priest a kiss. Sounds innocent enough, but the way it was described was creepy as hell lol.