Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exorcist was killed by 'malevolent force'

UM-Bot

These are the facts we know of why he died:

died in New York City on Tuesday, July 27, 1999, following a stroke.

Following a brief stay in Paris, he moved to New York, where until his final illness and death.....

http://www.fatima.org/news/newsviews/malachi.asp

who has died of a brain haemmorhage in New York aged 78

A brain hemorrhage is a type of stroke.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-hemorrhage-bleeding-causes-symptoms-treatments#1

And here is the jumping up of the facts to add a bit of spice for her  documentary:

During the making of the documentary, writer and producer Rachel Lysaght uncovered some unusual facts surrounding Fr. Martin's death back in July 1999. - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/302771/exorcist-was-killed-by-malevolent-force#sthash.m9YOblmF.dpuf

• Like 6

Fr. Martin sadly died a short time later from head injuries he sustained in a fall.

Yep, that sound extremely paranormal to me. No one's ever died from a head injury caused by a fall.:rolleyes:

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Yep, that sound extremely paranormal to me. No one's ever died from a head injury caused by a fall.:rolleyes:

I wonder how they are going to exaggerate the falling bit:..maybe something like this, to match the being pushed by a malevolent force idea:

KongGif3a.gif

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

These are the facts we know of why he died:

died in New York City on Tuesday, July 27, 1999, following a stroke.

Following a brief stay in Paris, he moved to New York, where until his final illness and death.....

http://www.fatima.org/news/newsviews/malachi.asp

who has died of a brain haemmorhage in New York aged 78

A brain hemorrhage is a type of stroke.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-hemorrhage-bleeding-causes-symptoms-treatments#1

And here is the jumping up of the facts to add a bit of spice for her  documentary:

During the making of the documentary, writer and producer Rachel Lysaght uncovered some unusual facts surrounding Fr. Martin's death back in July 1999. - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/302771/exorcist-was-killed-by-malevolent-force#sthash.m9YOblmF.dpuf

Not just a brain hemorrhage- which in itself can come from head trauma caused by something like a fall among other things... It was intracerebral hemorrhage, with is more specifically the type of internal hemorrhage that causes strokes and is not noted to be sourced from head trauma. Interesting paper about TBI and ICH: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2953718/

So if the Father fell due to evil- it would have been due to popping inside his brain, not a fall. Lol, petty differences, right? I'm pretty sure Mother Nature killed him rather than Satan. I think it's interesting that Netflix is doing this, and I will likely watch it. He was involved in an interesting chapter and era of the paranormal. And so far, Netflix has had some really well done original stuff, so I'm willing to give it a spin.

13 minutes ago, rashore said:

So if the Father fell due to evil- it would have been due to popping inside his brain, not a fall. Lol, petty differences, right? I'm pretty sure Mother Nature killed him rather than Satan. I think it's interesting that Netflix is doing this, and I will likely watch it. He was involved in an interesting chapter and era of the paranormal. And so far, Netflix has had some really well done original stuff, so I'm willing to give it a spin.

If you can't explain it either god did it or it was aliens. I think aliens. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you can't explain it either god did it or it was aliens. I think aliens. 

Lol aliens. God is a bit more interesting though. Or at least the God angle. Due to the Fathers history, there seems to be an assumption that the devil finally broke him... What if perhaps God thought it time to bring his servant home for whatever reason? An ICH could have been the finger of heaven instead of the finger of hell. Heh, I don't have any particular belief in the divine, but it's interesting to think about it from the other side.

• Like 2

MMMM... nah. If God, the devil, and aliens were real, and God and the devil were fighting over him.. Aliens show up and God would be all like "step off or I wreck you". After all, he created everything, he created aliens too. And the devil would take over while God was distracted giving the smackdown.

But I rather think that sort of showdown would have been rather rememberable... and I don't recall 1999 being quite that drastic, lol.

Well that's a quandary, sure as rain it is. God is typically a bit higher on the hierarchy of lore than the devil is... I guess that would mean a conflict between reptiles over little greys?

Gosh... I do kind of miss 1999... all the legends were a lot more separate then. Demons were just demons, and exorcists just minions of God.

• Like 1

Religious people are known to propagate religious myths by twisting the truths then presenting them as fact. That is why one should never read anything from a religious website.

So.....an elderly man dies after a fall....as do THOUSANDS of others

Falls are the leading cause of death from injury among people 65 and older. Approximately 9,500 deaths in older Americans are associated with falls each year. More than half of all fatal falls involve people 75 or over. Among people aged 65 to 69, one out of every 200 falls results in a hip fracture

http://shellpoint.org/blog/2012/08/13/10-shocking-statistics-about-elderly-falls/

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

The claims seem to have been made by someone who knew him and attended the exorcism. There's really no way to verify that the priest actually told him that he believed something unseen pushed him. This person also claims that the priest died from a fall, and doesn't mention either of the strokes. 

why wait 18 years to make this a suspicious sounding story?  Slow news day perhaps....

Malachi Martin died of a cerebral hemorrhage due to a fall in his apartment in Manhattan in 1999, four days after his 78th birthday

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malachi_Martin#Death

At 78...or heck, ....at...70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77................theres a stack of good valid reasons to die.... without any suspicion whatsoever

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I wonder how they are going to exaggerate the falling bit:..maybe something like this, to match the being pushed by a malevolent force idea:

KongGif3a.gif

Why does that video amuse me so much? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

KongGif3a.gif

This. Plus this....

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, seeder said:

why wait 18 years to make this a suspicious sounding story?  Slow news day perhaps....

At 78...or heck, ....at...70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77................theres a stack of good valid reasons to die.... without any suspicion whatsoever

It's interesting that this is how wiki quotes the source on his death...

The Southern Poverty Law Center describes the publishing house as specializing in the most extreme radical traditionalist materials (Intelligence Report, Winter 2006, Issue Number: 124).

In the intelligence report, they list Catholic Counterpoint as an anti-Semitic publishing house. The "source" in question is a video in which Fr. Rama Coomeraswamy makes all manner of conspiratorial claims against the pope, and says that Fr. Martin told him so.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

This sounds more like a malevolent farce, to me.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rashore said:

MMMM... nah. If God, the devil, and aliens were real, and God and the devil were fighting over him.. Aliens show up and God would be all like "step off or I wreck you". After all, he created everything, he created aliens too. And the devil would take over while God was distracted giving the smackdown.

But I rather think that sort of showdown would have been rather rememberable... and I don't recall 1999 being quite that drastic, lol.

If anything I understand about God is true, God doesn't fight with the devil. Might play a game or two with him, usually at someone's expense. But its not fight. Biblically Gods holds all of creation together with his very thoughts. He could simply speak the devil out of existence. Its like an ant vs an elephant.

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

If anything I understand about God is true, God doesn't fight with the devil. Might play a game or two with him, usually at someone's expense. But its not fight. Biblically Gods holds all of creation together with his very thoughts. He could simply speak the devil out of existence. Its like an ant vs an elephant.

Awww preacher, I meant it in jest... I wasn't being serious or getting into theology there.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rashore said:

Awww preacher, I meant it in jest... I wasn't being serious or getting into theology there.

lol yea that occurred to me after I wrote it, but I figured I'd put it out there anyway 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, seeder said:

It's because Netflix made a new documentary about him called "Hostage to the Devil" that they released yesterday. I don't know the backstory as to why they opted to do so at this time, but of course it got picked up by the tabloids and some of the religious papers.

I think it's kind of... refreshing I guess. I'm tired of hollywood hashing and revamping the dickens out of the same ole stories, or having super mashups of multiwhatevers of CGItactularness... Just the plain ole exorcist story hasn't been hashed to death in a while.