Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sasquatch nesting sight?

Steve Viah

This picture was taken on one of my hikes in a wildlife preserve that I have been into occasionally. The nest is approximately 10 feet wide. It is much too big to be a nest for any bird native to this area. There are also many other signs in this preserve. Tree snaps, log and stick structures, stone structures, etc. Any thoughts?

IMG_20170108_152556_862-2.jpg

Edited by Steve Viah
  • Like 1

Surely if it was suspected to be a BF nest....then every BF believer would be crawling all over the area...(not to mention up the tree) for traces of evidence ?

Btw, welcome to the UM community :-*

• Like 4

Looks more like an epiphyte of some kind.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

A big bird?

A Tree Ostrich ? :hmm:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

A Tree Ostrich ? :hmm:

A flying tree ostrich :-D 

41 minutes ago, Steve Viah said:

Any thoughts?

Only that it isn't the nest of anything heavy, gravity and all that. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Steve Viah said:

This picture was taken on one of my hikes in a wildlife preserve that I have been into occasionally. The nest is approximately 10 feet wide. It is much too big to be a nest for any bird native to this area. There are also many other signs in this preserve. Tree snaps, log and stick structures, stone structures, etc. Any thoughts?

Thoughts?  Bigfoot is usually claimed to be seen in the US....so it must have flown here. It could be ANYTHING..... a black sack stuck in the branches....a cluster of beehives.....kids making a den.  Bigfoot.... allegedly that is....are BIG....so why live up a spindly looking weak tree?

heres a HUGE beehive....up a tree

beehive-look-up-at-the-trees-to-discover

Edited by seeder
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Surely if it was suspected to be a BF nest....then every BF believer would be crawling all over the area...(not to mention up the tree) for traces of evidence ?

Btw, welcome to the UM community :-*

I think the evidence would be on the ground, in the big depression underneath all the broken ranches. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, khol said:

Bald eagles construct huge nests that they continue to build upon and reuse over the years.

https://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/eagle/NestAbout1.html

do they live in the UK?

No, we've got Ospreys. Not many though. 

New England, has bald eagles though. 

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, khol said:

Location of OP was New England and bald eagles reside there

https://newengland.com/today/living/new-england-environment/best-places-see-bald-eagles-new-england/

possibility this is a large eagle nest ?  

Aha, thanks man.....I just saw the word England in the OP's location.... didnt realise it was NEW england   :tu:

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I think the evidence would be on the ground, in the big depression underneath all the broken ranches. 

I definitely think we need a 'lol' button. Sometimes the 'like' one just isn't enough lol1.gif notworthy.gif

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, oldrover said:

For sure...in fact the area is probably being swarmed right now as we speak...

download.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Viah said:

It is much too big to be a nest for any bird native to this area

Why did you write that?  Was it just ignorance, or was it a deliberate  attempt to misinform? 

Can NE bigfeets fly like eagles?   Why don't you try climbing into the nest.  I imagine it would be very difficult and extremely dangerous to attempt.  

Edited by The Butler
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Astra. said:

For sure...in fact the area is probably being swarmed right now as we speak...

download.jpg

Thanks for the gillie suits picture, as I've said before, the sight of adults dressed up as shrubbery amuses me no end. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I definitely think we need a 'lol' button. Sometimes the 'like' one just isn't enough lol1.gif notworthy.gif

"I think the evidence would be on the ground, in the big depression underneath all the broken ranches."

You did mean that Bigfoot fell out of the tree and made the depression didn't you? Otherwise I'm gonna look stoopid here Suspicious.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stiff said:

"I think the evidence would be on the ground, in the big depression underneath all the broken ranches."

You did mean that Bigfoot fell out of the tree and made the depression didn't you? Otherwise I'm gonna look stoopid here Suspicious.gif

Yes, that is just what I meant. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Oh, you mean 'Squirrel-Borg'.

Not quite, add this to my original statement, see if you find the connection.

26 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Thanks for the gillie suits picture, as I've said before, the sight of adults dressed up as shrubbery amuses me no end. 

Autonomous collective + shrubbery = ?