Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hate Mondays?You're not alone in feeling blue

Still Waters

First designated in 2005 by Cliff Arnall, “Blue Monday” was developed from a formula marking the time in January when people suffer from a series of combined depressive effects - such as debt, time since the holidays, time since failing our New Year's resolutions, low motivational levels and the feeling of a need to take action.

While there is no scientific proof to back up this claim, Blue Monday is widely believed to be a day when people feel particularly filled with feelings of sadness, anxiety or depression.

http://www.iol.co.za/lifestyle/health/spirit/hate-mondays-youre-not-alone-in-feeling-blue-7417642

i love every day.............dislike many though,lol.........i love mondays.....especially next monday when the kids start their first day back at school......and all electronic devices and my foxtel and stereo are all mine again.........  : }

• Like 1

I get discouraged and can't stand the end of holidays/summer vacation and the start of school, when my son has to return and we lose so much time together.  I get a lot of free time throughout the year, so when he's not tethered to school, we are off camping and hiking and exploring, or simply hanging out.  Can't get enough of that, so the end of the holidays always tugs at my bummer strings.

My monday dislike was intense when I felt stuck in jobs with no connection to anything of value, or a valid purpose.  They were a reminder each week of the level of death I was willing to tolerate, in exchange for some cash. 

I now work in something I really love and Mondays are routinely met with enthusiasm.  It also helps having developed and fostered a very loving and intelligent crew of people to share the work with... Though there are plenty of days where the muck piles high and things are high stress, having people around me whom I respect in intelligence and character makes all of the other tripe, to not gain traction and fall away.