Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did a 1950s TV episode predict Donald Trump?

Still Waters

In November 2016, a clip from an episode of the 1950s western television series Trackdown was published to YouTube, along with the claim that it "predicted Donald Trump" by featuring a snake oil salesman character named "Trump" who claimed that only he could prevent the end of the world ... by building a wall around the town:

http://www.snopes.com/trackdown-trump-character-wall/

• Like 5

Saw this about a week ago.  Couldn't believe the snake oil salesman name was Trump and he was building a wall around the town, how weird. 

Seen Donald mentioned on Newhart, the one that takes place in Vermont, and Designing Women.  On Designing Women the size of his stick was brought up.

This is hilarious. 

It was aired in year 2000 it was just a comedy view but oddly enough it made the news when Trump actually won the election followed by the usual flurry of predicting the future comments

I don't reckon it was a prediction. It was simply a coincidence 

GoogleTrump Simpsons to view it it was pretty funny 

Edited by nyuk
add info
  • Like 1

Has anyone tried to correlate the prophecies of our old friend Nostradamus to the irresistible rise of the Trump? I'm sure someone must have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Has anyone tried to correlate the prophecies of our old friend Nostradamus to the irresistible rise of the Trump? I'm sure someone must have. 

I'm sure that's been done but I haven't found it yet

Just now, nyuk said:

I'm sure that's been done but I haven't found it yet

Oh I saw it here at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I thought there must be. That thread makes quite an entertaining read.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Considering how many "predictions" are made around the world, regarding different scenarios and such, it's not that crazy to think that certain "predictions" come true.

• Like 2

This is really reaching into the bottom of the barrel. They didn't predict anything. coincidence is a reality in a world with billions of people and trillions upon trillions of ideas and stories. I could sit here and make up all kinds of stories and there's a chance that eventually one might coincide with something that happens in the future. Multiply that by generations of people with stories and just about everything happening today can be drudged from some story of the past.

5 hours ago, NightScreams said:

This is really reaching into the bottom of the barrel. They didn't predict anything. coincidence is a reality in a world with billions of people and trillions upon trillions of ideas and stories. I could sit here and make up all kinds of stories and there's a chance that eventually one might coincide with something that happens in the future. Multiply that by generations of people with stories and just about everything happening today can be drudged from some story of the past.

Yes, but to get the name "Trump", which isn't such a common name as, for example, Smith or Jones or O'Shaughnessy, was pretty good. 

12 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Yes, but to get the name "Trump", which isn't such a common name as, for example, Smith or Jones or O'Shaughnessy, was pretty good. 

Trump is a surname of English and German origin. Census records for America show us that the Trump name has been in use since at least 1840. A quick google example shows "

NAME:  John W Trump
BIRTH:  abt 1863 - Ohio

So it appears to be a common enough name, likely moreso when this film was made.

I've never heard of anyone else with that name, unlike, say, O'bama, which is of course a very common Irish name.