Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple whose 'micropig' grew into 46st porker

ali smack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/couple-whose-micropig-grew-46st-9632197

"Welcoming a 'micropig' into their home, Steve Jenkins and Derek Walter looked forward to life with their new, pint-sized pet

Then as young as six weeks old, the tiny piglet, called Esther, was just 4lbs - with her owners told she could grow up to 70lbs.

But nearly five years on, the porker weighs a staggering 650lbs - more than a fully grown polar bear - after continuing to expand"

This is why you shouldn't get pigs as pets.

• Like 1

Wow, and I thought my 64 pound Australian Shepherd Collie was rather large (most don't get over 55 pounds).

Edited by Lilly
Typo
  • Like 1

Hmm I'm thinking either it was a genuine mistake or the breeder was having a laugh at least she's in a good home and being very well looked after which is the most important thing

• Like 1

Oh my goodness. That's a pretty big difference. 

Good on them for not turning it into bacon, but wow...650 lbs? That's crazy.

• Like 1

I want one! 

I watch it with no sound, did it mention if he was house trained or not? 

• Like 1

That piggy is a cutie. 

Especially cute on a sandwich.

Or a biscuit.

• Like 1

There's no such thing as a "micropig." It simply doesn't exist and the breeder lied to them. They're idiots for falling for the "micropig" scam.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Princess Serenity said:

There's no such thing as a "micropig." It simply doesn't exist and the breeder lied to them. They're idiots for falling for the "micropig" scam.

Next thing you know you will be telling me there is no such thing as Bonsai Kittens either........

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, Princess Serenity said:

Due to most media depicting pigs as being rather small animals, a lot of people are surprised to find out that they can get surprisingly large. "Micro-Pigs" are just piglets.