Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bunch of strange happenings...somebody help

fr24

Hi guys,

For the last 9 months I have had hell at home.

Each night when I return from work I am finding myself unable to sleep. When I get into bed and turn everything off, though my windows will be fully closed there is a slight cold breeze in the room and noise from outside is as if the windows are open. When the breeze starts, obviously I feel cold but alongside this I get a toothache and my vision is blurred. My phones camera will take photos as normal but videos appear almost pitch black.The phone screen also goes fuzzy and becomes glitchy. There is no obvious explanation but has anyone encountered anything similar? 

Also just to add that there have been times where my curtains positioning changes slightly but of there own accord. 

I will update as things go on...I am going insane and need some help as I've been documenting this for all these months with no plausible conclusion.

Thanks for reading

• Like 1

Where are the vents in your room? Are there any cracks in the window? Have you examined the area in the day time?

Have you spoken to your doctor about the blurry vision, sleep issues and toothache?

Have you had your phone looked at to see if there is anything wrong with it?'

• Like 1

It sounds exactly as I had it a decade ago.
I lived in a summer cottage and in the winter it got really cold inside.
In my living room I could see most of my curtains move when it was windy outside.
Because it was old dry single pane windows that leaked like a sieve.

Feel around the window frame and till you locate where it come from..
In my case I had three large windows in my livingroom all leaked..

I had to turn up the heat so the electrical bill hit me in the face and laughed at me when I got it later.
At night I had to sleep with socks on..

I didnt get toothache or blurry vision but my knees ached.. they allways do when its cold though.

I dont know what kind of phone you got but mine is the same but it doesnt matter where I am its just bad all the time.
Its video recordings are dark but if my wife record with hers at the same place her result is much better. (brighter)
My wife can take better pictures with it than me because she is steadier on the hand than me.
Almost all pictures I take gets a little blurred because Im not very steady on my hand. Never have and probably never will.

Maybe its so simple that you cant sleep because its chilly inside and your tooth hurt and you are worried that there is something else with your house.
As a result of your lack of sleep you get blurred vision.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fr24 said:

Hi guys,

Each night when I return from work I am finding myself unable to sleep.

Insomnia?

When I get into bed and turn everything off, though my windows will be fully closed there is a slight cold breeze in the room and noise from outside is as if the windows are open.

Poorly sealed windows probably.

When the breeze starts, obviously I feel cold but alongside this I get a toothache and my vision is blurred.

Hypothermia?

My phones camera will take photos as normal but videos appear almost pitch black.The phone screen also goes fuzzy and becomes glitchy. There is no obvious explanation but has anyone encountered anything similar? 

Well if you're filming in the dark I would expect this effect.

Also just to add that there have been times where my curtains positioning changes slightly but of there own accord. 

And you witnessed this or was this a "day after" thing?

I will update as things go on...I am going insane and need some help as I've been documenting this for all these months with no plausible conclusion.

I highly doubt that you're going insane unless your psyche is that fragile. Where even the 'spookiest' things sends you into a bout of spiritual delusion and paranoia. 

Thanks for reading

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fr24 said:

Hi guys,

Each night when I return from work I am finding myself unable to sleep. When I get into bed and turn everything off, though my windows will be fully closed there is a slight cold breeze in the room and noise from outside is as if the windows are open. When the breeze starts, obviously I feel cold but alongside this I get a toothache and my vision is blurred. My phones camera will take photos as normal but videos appear almost pitch black.The phone screen also goes fuzzy and becomes glitchy. There is no obvious explanation but has anyone encountered anything similar? 

Thanks for reading

Hi fr, 

Just going on what you've presented here, I've got a few things to add. Firstly, take your phone out of the equation. Whatever is wrong with it is isolated to the electronics inside and has no connection with anything else you're experiencing. Phone's go wrong all the time, and yes, I have had this happen to mine too. 

As for your insomnia, have you moved house, changed your job or shift pattern, or if not, has your role changed at all? Are you now under more pressure, or have your responsibilities changed? There's not necessarily going to be a reason though, you may just have got into a routine of not sleeping. 

Can I also ask how you know your vision is going blurry if it's something you're experiencing during this during your bouts of sleeplessness? Surely the room is dark, and if it's a case of you finally giving in switching the light on and getting up, then really what do you expect if you're very tired?

The only thing that I'd be concerned about would be the toothache, but, it's not uncommon for dental pain to grumble on like that for months and it's lousy. Have you not had it checked? 

As for the cold, it just sounds like your house isn't well insulated, and the sounds may well just be you becoming hypersensitive because you're lying in bed, not sleeping, with toothache. It sounds lousy, but not spooky or worrying from a mental health perspective. 

As for your curtains, they will move, every time you move or open a door you'll create air currents, besides, your house doesn't sound that draft free in the first place.

It does sound to me, like you're going through a bit of a miserable patch at the minute and are focusing on unrelated details and making connections between them, connections that just aren't there. That isn't a criticism, we've all done it, and will do it again, to one extent or another.

I think you need a rest, but of course, that's not always possible. 

Edited by oldrover

Are you taking any pain meds for your tooth issue?

Personally I would get your health problems seen to by a medical professional, lack of sleep combined with an over active imagination can cause all sorts of things so get healthy first! I had a cavity in my tooth that was bloody agony in cold weather it was very sensitive to temperature!

Repairing draughts and leaks is costly but it will save on heating bills in the long run so start by doing what you can to address the building maintenance issues.

Have your phone looked at or repaired, it may help to settle your mind if you find out its acctually got a genuine fault.

Once you have delt with all the variables and you find you are still having strange experiences it might be worth moving else where.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, oldrover said:

It does sound to me, like you're going through a bit of a miserable patch at the minute and are focusing on unrelated details and making connections between them, connections that just aren't there. That isn't a criticism, we've all done it, and will do it again, to one extent or another.

That was my first thought when reading the post aswell

• Like 1

Hi guys I will summarise my response as many of you have mentioned similar things:

1) The house I live in is a new build and fully double glazed. The windows are fully sealed and when closed completely shut off outside noise and wind. When the breeze starts its as if they have been opened...

2) My phone is a Samsung S7 edge which several times when being turned on has brought up a Iphone Unlock screen. When taking pictures in my room they come out clear and lit according to the light in the room, however videos appear pitch black almost. I will upload sample screenshots. On the data usage checker it consumes upto 3GB daily in 'background usage'....this is far too much and suggests some sort of data leakage

3) I have met my doctor and even a psychiatrist with both being unable to help me in this matter. I have taken sleeping medication to help me sleep but this has not stopped the other issues. I had a dental appointment and needed a few fillings but there was no cavity issues. The pain only comes at home when I am going to sleep but is not consistent i.e I dont have any pain at any other time of the day or elsewhere (away from home)...I am more worried its something that could potentially be leaked into the house causing these things?

4) I work from 4pm-midnight and am usually in bed by 3am. I am going through some personal troubles but not to the extent that I would worry about these things...the fact they cannot be simply explained by the obvious i.e. what you guys have mentioned concerns me greatly.

I appreciate all of your input, I have exhausted every possible fix but nothing has helped.

I wonder if it's a combination of the sleeping pills and a troubled life. You might not conscious worry, but you 3rd probably got a lot of unconscious worrying going on. Also I'd look into the side effect of the sleeping pills. Might be something to that.

I know if I take the recommended amount of melatonin I get night terrors.

• Like 1

I'm not a Doctor. But perhaps  you are developing chemical or electromagnetic sensitivity. Not all Doctors are equal, perhaps try and get another opinion. It took us 5 different Doctors to get a diagnosis for our son's NF.

Edited by Kismit
  • Like 1

Hi guys I will summarise my response as many of you have mentioned similar things:

1) The house I live in is a new build and fully double glazed. The windows are fully sealed and when closed completely shut off outside noise and wind. When the breeze starts its as if they have been opened...

2) My phone is a Samsung S7 edge which several times when being turned on has brought up a Iphone Unlock screen. When taking pictures in my room they come out clear and lit according to the light in the room, however videos appear pitch black almost. I will upload sample screenshots. On the data usage checker it consumes upto 3GB daily in 'background usage'....this is far too much and suggests some sort of data leakage

3) I have met my doctor and even a psychiatrist with both being unable to help me in this matter. I have taken sleeping medication to help me sleep but this has not stopped the other issues. I had a dental appointment and needed a few fillings but there was no cavity issues. The pain only comes at home when I am going to sleep but is not consistent i.e I dont have any pain at any other time of the day or elsewhere (away from home)...I am more worried its something that could potentially be leaked into the house causing these things?

4) I work from 4pm-midnight and am usually in bed by 3am. I am going through some personal troubles but not to the extent that I would worry about these things...the fact they cannot be simply explained by the obvious i.e. what you guys have mentioned concerns me greatly.

I appreciate all of your input, I have exhausted every possible fix but nothing has helped.

This sounds very scary. It sounds like it could be demons.

I suggest you use magical power to send them into an evil jar!

• Like 1

For the mouth thing.. I am going to suggest you go back to your dentist and tell them what's going on. There are nerves in your mouth that can have an effect on your vision, this is why sometimes people get blurred vision when they have a dental problem. It is possible that when you had dental work done, a nerve might have been tweaked and it only goes off when you are sleeping with your face pressed into the pillow. It might also be that you are clenching in your sleep because of some of the other things going on in your life, and a sleeping bite guard would help. If you still have your wisdom teeth, that might be an issue now because of the dentist doing other work in your mouth. Sensations like feeling cold on your face can come from mouth nerves, and sometimes phantom audio can get triggered. But point is, get back to the dentist and find out.

And since this hasn't been brought up yet... what do you have your furnace/air settings at, or do you have the system running at all? Does your system have an auto fan option that kicks on?

• Like 1

You might consider dealing with something that can be externally measured and that is the draft. I know of many new houses that have nice new windows and they leak like a sieve. Lots of new houses are shoddily built. Lots of new window installations are poorly installed. A faint breeze can be detected by lighting a candle and blowing it out. The smoke will drift with the draft showing you where it is going. The draft comes from the opposite direction of course.

If your windows are leaking then you can get a kit that has a plastic sheet to stick to the inside of the windows. A hair drier is used to heat shrink the sheet so that it is reasonable to look through and see the outside world. Search on "heat shrink window film" to find a product.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/doors-skylights-windows/411676-windows-leaking-newly-constructed-home.html

• Like 2

On 1/17/2017 at 1:07 AM, fr24 said:

Hi guys,

Thanks for reading

Really not trying to be funny but do you have a carbon monoxide detector? 

• Like 1