Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Air India selling women-only seats on flights

Still Waters

Solo female passengers on Air India flights can now book seats in women-only sections of the plane.

The seats will be in two rows of economy, according to the airline’s chairman Ashwani Lohani, and women in any of these six seats won’t be charged extra.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/air-india-started-selling-women-122642947.html

• Like 2

I'm not sure why anybody cares.

This is what I have told my daughter, just because it should be doesn't mean it is.  Women on those planes should be safe from sexual assault, but after so many reports of being 'groped' by men, the airline is trying to deal with a situation that does happen.  I read some of the comments on that report and they said punish the men.  Yes, they need to teach those men it is not ok, but that seems to a long battle. And not every woman reports it when it happens.  They come from a society that oppressed women, to stand up and accuse a man would be very traumatic to them.

• Like 2

this is like a bandaid on a larger problem. There should be no women specific or man specific areas of a plane. Seems like a quick reactionary decision.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2017 at 1:13 PM, AdealJustice said:

this is like a bandaid on a larger problem. There should be no women specific or man specific areas of a plane. Seems like a quick reactionary decision.

Maybe they should just issue a high powered stun device to each female passenger and have a quick tutorial before take-off on how they are used.  What an amazingly nasty, cowardly cultural practice for those men.  Astounding, really.

• Like 3

Just now, and then said:

Maybe they should just issue a high powered stun device to each female passenger and have a quick tutorial before take-off on how they are used.  What an amazingly nasty, cowardly cultural practice for those men.  Astounding, really.

tbh its not a majority culture. Its the thug culture there. Specific to the thug mentality pseudo machoism.. Truly backward. Everyone needs modernization there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, and then said:

And a stun gun for every man, woman and child passing through any major US airport.  

Maybe looking up grandma's skirt or down baby's diapers isn't as astounding and that would need to be argued.   Peter Schiff just went through an airport a month or two ago and his little six month old was randomly picked from the list to receive "extra inspection".   It's not okay when a pervert does it and it's not okay when someone we have to assume is not a pervert is doing it, because we're so scared (cowardly?) that some terrorist bomb might be hiding in grandpa's boxers.

If we read the article, the new seating follows "a woman" who was groped in her sleep by "a man".   I don't know if groping women is their culture or not (I seriously doubt it), but one incident involving one person doesn't a culture make.

42 minutes ago, Yamato said:

but one incident involving one person doesn't a culture make.

ok yoda

Edited by AdealJustice

4 hours ago, Yamato said:

If we read the article, the new seating follows "a woman" who was groped in her sleep by "a man".   I don't know if groping women is their culture or not (I seriously doubt it), but one incident involving one person doesn't a culture make.

You can't condemn an entire nation for the actions of the few, but it is definitely an issue in Indian society:

Women groped during 2017 New Year’s Eve celebrations in Bangalore!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2017 at 10:55 AM, ChaosRose said:

I'm not sure why anybody cares.

aren't you all about women's rights?  well this is it, out of everyone you should care, unless your women rights position is fake, and you use it only to pour dirt on trump.

• Like 1