Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone been hearing the sky trumpets?

Jeff kirk

Just now, Thorvir said:

Nope.

What state you live in ? I live in ohio.

I have never heard a sound like that in all my born days..

No, I think it's probably just you.

Those new "special flavoured" cigarettes good are they? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jeff kirk said:

Heard 'em? Do you think theyre a warning?

Heres a video of the sound. By the way I just heard one the   morning.

They happen all around the world for those that dont know.

https://youtu.be/eCAgmtB4j7w

@ 3:35 into the vid is a clip from a PC game.

Case closed.

• Like 8

Just now, toast said:

Case closed.

Beat me to it! :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, toast said:

Case closed.

I must had gotten a bad video..i can find another one..theres more on youtube.

• Like 1

Well you know what it is don't you. it's the Final Trump isn't it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jeff kirk said:

What state you live in ? I live in ohio.

I have never heard a sound like that in all my born days..

Indiana.

8 minutes ago, Jeff kirk said:

..theres more on youtube.

There sure are, and none of them are "sky trumpets" in a biblical sense, but all of them will be the same proof-less clickbait.

Just keep this in mind: people don't use youtube to post actual evidence of the paranormal, because if they had actual evidence, they should be taking it to the correct authorities for proper analysis.  Posting on youtube is a mix of bragging with a lack of confidence of their material.  And also a way to get people to click on the videos....total views are money when it comes to youtube.  So youtube is probably the least reliable source of info when looking into evidence of these sorts of things.

Edited by Thorvir
  • Like 6

There are a lot of sounds here at my place.  Usually from the highway about half a mile from my place, and many times from the over-used road in the front of my property.  Also there are gunshots from various directions (this isn't a liberal city, there are private gun ranges in the area).  Occasionally an aircraft can be heard overhead, or off in the distance; usually a prop-job, sometimes a helicopter and on rare occasions a more powerful jet engine from higher up.  Music sometimes finds its way over here because there is a bar nearby that sometimes hosts live music, and a neighbor likes to have loud outdoors parties during the summer.  Thunder, wind, and all of the usual sounds made by weather happen.  There is some dynamite being used some distance from here at a quarry, and on occasion I can hear a faint blast or two, and definitely feel the shake afterwards.  I recall cheering from the nearby elementary school--probably from some baseball game.  Fireworks go off at the usual times.  Dogs bark, coyotes howl, hawks and eagles screech, owls hoot, raccoons and possums make a ruckus at times, birds chirp and whistle, insects buzz and stuff, frogs do their thing from the nearby "swamp".  This is a very noisy place, and those are just most of the sounds from outside, never mind what I hear indoors.  And at all times, I hear that damned tinnitus.....

But I've never heard "sky trumpets", not once in the entire time I've been living here (almost 9 years).  Never heard "sky trumpets" anywhere else I've ever lived in the entire 37 years before hand.  In fact, I don't know anyone that's ever claimed to have heard "sky trumpets" in all of my life, aside from those silly persons posting on youtube.

Edited by Thorvir
  • Like 4

yeah, a third of the oceans becoming blood would be at least a little noticeable. probably.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, simplybill said:

A Wikipedia article on the 7 trumpets of Revelations:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_trumpets

As a Christian, I'll say that Revelations is open to different interpretations, but whatever form the 'trumpet' warnings take will be unmistakable.

I agree  with you.  IF this alleged event takes place, there will be absolutely no mistaking what's happening.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeff kirk said:

Heard 'em? Do you think theyre a warning?

Heres a video of the sound. By the way I just heard one the   morning.

They happen all around the world for those that dont know.

https://youtu.be/eCAgmtB4j7w

Can't say I've heard them. Any ideas as to what it could possibly be?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It's already been stated that specific video is from a game.

1 hour ago, toast said:

Case closed.

You don't always cherry-pick posts, do you?

Edited by Thorvir
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, simplybill said:

A Wikipedia article on the 7 trumpets of Revelations:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_trumpets

As a Christian, I'll say that Revelations is open to different interpretations, but whatever form the 'trumpet' warnings take will be unmistakable.

Exactly.  There won't be any need for anyone to say, "did you hear that?" :)   Someone on my street was blowing a trumpet one evening when I was walking.  It was away in the distance and when I heard it I got a distinct chill of excitement.  I'm hoping to hear only ONE and then take a fast journey!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thorvir said:

You don't always cherry-pick posts, do you?

Of course!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Its a manifestation if one of your 'spiritual sciences' . 

1 hour ago, and then said:

Exactly.  There won't be any need for anyone to say, "did you hear that?" :)   Someone on my street was blowing a trumpet one evening when I was walking.  It was away in the distance and when I heard it I got a distinct chill of excitement.  I'm hoping to hear only ONE and then take a fast journey!

Why does this sound morbid to me? It's like someone getting a boner at the thought of getting abducted by aliens.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Its a manifestation if one of your 'spiritual sciences' . 

How'd you determine that? It might bother you that I believe in spirituality but not everything I hear. A blanket attack doesn't fit against me.

I've heard them on occasion in Canada, im still not sure what the cause was

• Like 1

No references, so this is just how I remember the topic being discussed/resolved (?) on a BBC documentary last year. 

Basically, as I remember it, it's to do with temperature differentials in the air, which act as a conduit to convey and amplify(?) sounds over unusually long distances.

So a freight train shunting whatever a long way off arrives elsewhere as a strange unearthly sounding noise. It's not new, it's been going on for years.

Where I live there have been reports of phantom air raid sirens, supposedly from the Blitz (we had a real bad hammering). Anyway, the source seems to be from a factory siren from about ten miles away across the bay where my girlfriend lives, and where they blow it in the middle of the night just to add to the misery of living over there. Of which there is plenty. 

• Like 4