Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looking my grandmother in the eyes

ceelaggy

My grandma, whom I was very close to, passed away three months ago. I've only had two other dreams about her but this one I had last night was different. I was in this house and I woke up on the couch disoriented and I went to go find the rest of my cousins so I went upstairs and there they were and so was my grandma who was hanging an IV bag for herself. I gasped and said her name and then she looked right at me and I could see her eyes and then I screamed her name at the top of my lungs and it felt like I was literally pushed out of the dream and when I woke up, my body felt weird and tingly and it almost felt like static inside. I'm explaining it poorly, but it was a weird feeling. 

My mom is very religious and she believes that if you make eye contact in a dream it means that person is there. I'm not religious at all, but I am a little spiritual so I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight as to what that was and why it felt like I was being pushed out and then that weird feeling. 

Edited by ceelaggy
  • Like 1

the fact it was a dream, as you said...is the big clue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceelaggy said:

My mom is very religious and she believes that if you make eye contact in a dream it means that person is there. I'm not religious at all, but I am a little spiritual so I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight as to what that was and why it felt like I was being pushed out and then that weird feeling. 

If we were able to remember all of our dreams, we'd be in a constant state of total freak out. They are weird and nonsensical for the most part, not unlike abstract art. Do they have significance or meaning? Science still doesn't have all the answers, but it's a lot closer to understanding what's actually going on than religion and superstition are.

Many people lock eyes with individuals (both alive and deceased) in their dreams. That doesn't mean those individuals were there. And the sensations you felt were just part of that particular dream process. I personally do not believe in the afterlife, but assuming it did indeed exist, I would think that If your grandmother wanted to appear in your dream, that is not the way in which she would want to present herself. So I wouldn't read too much into it, or in anyway be concerned.

Losing a loved one is always difficult, especially if you were very close to them. You must miss your grandmother very much, and it makes sense that you would dream of her as you are trying to cope with her absence. I'm very sorry for your loss and wish you all the best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ceelaggy said:

I see this is your first post.

I can't tell you what did or didn't happen. But on this forum, it seems most of the posters are of a materialist (non-believer) mindset so you will get their opinions. If you want an opinion from the believers perspective there are also other places on the internet you can address your question to.

Edited by papageorge1

First off welcome to the forum, second I'm sorry for your loss. As for the dream, it's probably stress related due to her passing.

“We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.” ~Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'~

• Like 1