Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pride Toronto Bans Police from Parade

Thanato

Banning people for their occupation is both exclusionary and pointless.  It doesn't even send a clear message. 

• Like 6

Oh, didn't those fun-loving folk at BLM try this before? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

Banning people for their occupation is both exclusionary and pointless.  It doesn't even send a clear message. 

it actually does, for anyone who can actually read between the lines, but you are defiantly not such person.

Edited by aztek

prioritizing of the hiring of Black transwomen, 

i would imagine that would be a fairly niche sector. Perhaps they could hire some?

Pride Toronto has accepted ALL of @BLM_TO's demands, proving that it's bold, decisive action not centrist compromise that drives change

Or perhaps that bullying does if you don't have any balls.

(That wasn't a reference to trans anything, Black or otherwise, before BLM shout at me.)

• Like 2

I don't really understand BLM holding a sit-in at a Pride parade to begin with. A Pride parade is about gay Pride. The parade isn't known to discriminate against anyone. 

If officers participate, but not in uniform, it doesn't have the effect that marching in uniform would. The message is that there are police who support gay rights. 

• Like 2

Another attempt of the highly corrosive BLM movement to do "activism" but not in the way one would think. Not in a relationship building constructive way. Are we really surprised? This movements been a pseudo activist movement from the get go. Its faces include Shaun the" Con" King.

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong. I think it's perfectly acceptable and American for a group to protest things that are unjust. But where has the Pride parade been unjust? 

You want to protest the police department because someone just got away with murder? Great. Protest the police department. But don't take it out on gay police who aren't even involved in whatever it is you're protesting about. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thanato said:

That just makes me mad.  Crazy.  The police have been a part of that parade for years.

I wonder what Pride Toronto would do getting thousands of emails denouncing this action?  

Edited by glorybebe

lol, it would be really naive to think it is really about gays, police, blacks ot tg's.  it is all about hating your neigbour , and civil unrest. 

One has to be careful about where one is directing hate.  If you lose yourself and just start indiscriminately splashing it around, you will inevitably start making enemies out of your allies.  The BLM group had no reason to be confrontational with the Gay Pride organization, yet they chose to do so, because doing so helped them get the exposure they wanted for their own cause.  While this served to empower them, it did so at the cost of trampling over others, wich is, ironically, exactly what they are protesting.

• Like 2

Eh. They're one brawl away from inviting the Police back. It's fun to pretend you don't need them, until you do.

8 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Eh. They're one brawl away from inviting the Police back. It's fun to pretend you don't need them, until you do.

Te Police have to be there for security. Closing down streets and crowd control. However they were banned from marching in the parade. Which basically destroys a good chunk of community outreach and maegebilizes LGBQ Police Officers who look forward to marching with pride in uniform every year.

• Like 3

Does this mean the gay movement is going to merge with the BLM movement and add BLM onto that ridiculously long acronym?

33 minutes ago, Wickian said:

Does this mean the gay movement is going to merge with the BLM movement and add BLM onto that ridiculously long acronym?

Well considering BLM in Canada is a tiny group of militant people, I doubt it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

One has to be careful about where one is directing hate.  If you lose yourself and just start indiscriminately splashing it around, you will inevitably start making enemies out of your allies.  The BLM group had no reason to be confrontational with the Gay Pride organization, yet they chose to do so, because doing so helped them get the exposure they wanted for their own cause.  While this served to empower them, it did so at the cost of trampling over others, wich is, ironically, exactly what they are protesting.

This ^

Toronto Police have worked hard to repair  and build good community relationships within the gay community. It is really a shame that Pride Toronto took such a huge step backward.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wickian said:

I always think BLM means Bacon Lettuce & Mushroom.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I always think BLM means Bacon Lettuce & Mushroom.

It's their right to bring awareness to sandwich discrimination. In one of the most tolerant countries on the planet?