Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Odd Psychic Experiences

Duke Wellington

I don't believe I am psychic because I cannot do it at will.

But I have had visual experiences before. With one I took a telephone call and could see the person that was calling before she even spoke. With deja vu I have been having this over the last couple of days but I had a really strange one this evening. I can only describe it has having the deja vu experience of someone else passing me in a car looking at me.

It wasn't my own deja vu that I experienced but there's through their eyes. I could even see myself looking back. Has anybody ever had that?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

But I have had visual experiences before. With one I took a telephone call and could see the person that was calling before she even spoke. With deja vu I have been having this over the last couple of days but I had a really strange one this evening. I can only describe it has having the deja vu experience of someone else passing me in a car looking at me.

It wasn't my own deja vu that I experienced but there's through their eyes. I could even see myself looking back. Has anybody ever had that?

Dr. Rupert Sheldrake has statistically shown that people can predict who is calling at a rate far beyond chance, so I think you may have a real ability just perhaps stronger than most.

• Like 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Dr. Rupert Sheldrake has statistically shown that people can predict who is calling at a rate far beyond chance, so I think you may have a real ability just perhaps stronger than most.

Got links to this claim?

Just now, XenoFish said:

Got links to this claim?

No. My memory of this has come from many sources. If anyone is interested, they can research the subject themselves as I did.

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Well worn paths.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/extrasensory-perceptions/question657.htm

Oh look a link.:o

• Like 1

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

from your link 

Since déjà vu occurs in individuals with and without a medical condition, there is much speculation as to how and why this phenomenon happens. Several psychoanalysts attribute déjà vu to simple fantasy or wish fulfillment, while some psychiatrists ascribe it to a mismatching in the brain that causes the brain to mistake the present for the past. Many parapsychologists believe it is related to a past-life experience. Obviously, there is more investigation to be done.

and maybe it relates to the nature of time and to how humans relate to time.

I've never had deja vu,, being grounded in a very linear and contextually coherent reality, but as this source says it is not simply, or only, produced by an illness like  epilepsy.

And how significant is predictive  dejavu,  where you have time to recognise what is going to happen next, talk to someone about what will happen next,  and respond in advance, using that knowledge

Eg. you approach a blind corner on a road you have never been on before, and exclaim  to your passenger,  "I've been here before. There's a bloody great red truck about to come around that corner, on the wrong side of the road"

As you speak, you brake,  and get right off the road,  just missing a bloody great red truck as it barrels around the corner on  your side of the road.  

ps For your elucidation 

http://www.sheldrake.org/

http://www.sheldrake.org/participate/telephone-telepathy-test

http://www.sheldrake.org/about-rupert-sheldrake

Edited by Mr Walker

I'm the biggest sceptic out there when it comes to psychic hocus pocus......but.......I've often found myself thinking about my sister who lives in the Yukon, and more often than not the phone will ring and it's her, and vice versa, I'll phone her and she will pick up saying "I was just thinking about you". If it happened once in a blue moon then I wouldn't give it a second thought but it's a regular occurrence. 

I have the odd vague deja vu experience now and again but only once has it freaked me out, I spent an entire day in Newmarket Southern Ireland recognising everything and feeling like I knew the place like the back of my hand, it was so familiar, but having never been there before.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Thats one of the theories as to what could be causing it but its not one that I agree with.

From my experiences I know there are different levels of the conscious mind. The lowest level is not the dream state. There is a level even deeper than that which knows everything, has seen everything and has experienced everything that was, is, and ever will be. In my opinion it is the God mind. And I'm aware whenever a deja-vu experience occurs its from that deep level of mind that my memory of having experienced it before comes from.

This is the first time I have ever hopped over to experiencing deja-vu from another instance of human mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Days before caller id when i was kid when aomebody called us i know who it was 

• Like 1